Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Ansmann Racing

Old 19-02-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerM View Post
Comparing it to the B4 is all well and good but not everybody likes the B4 ....
who wouldn't like the B4 then Rog??
Old 19-02-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughtyUK.net View Post
who wouldn't like the B4 then Rog??

LOL ... you know I rate the B4 and XX4 as two of the worst cars I've ever driven, don't suit me at all.

Horses for courses.
Old 19-02-2009

Send a message via ICQ to Scouser

I think it will be great seeing other cars on the track. I know the B4 and the Losi are always going to be favourites but there is room for more than two makes in the class. IMO having a varied grid comprising of lots of different brands makes for better more interesting racing. It's good to freshen things up with an infusion of new options and the success of X-Factory has proved that there are people looking for something different.
Old 19-02-2009
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scouser View Post
I think it will be great seeing other cars on the track. I know the B4 and the Losi are always going to be favourites but there is room for more than two makes in the class. IMO having a varied grid comprising of lots of different brands makes for better more interesting racing. It's good to freshen things up with an infusion of new options and the success of X-Factory has proved that there are people looking for something different.
thats all fine but if the x6 did not work it would not be out there, simple as.................. this needs to work and be strong/reliable
Old 19-02-2009

Agree 100% dude, but the idea of a good car failing because people want the same as everyone else is something I don't agree with. If this turn out out be a good car and it fails because it is an Ansmann, I think it will be a great shame.
Old 19-02-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scouser View Post
Agree 100% dude, but the idea of a good car failing because people want the same as everyone else is something I don't agree with. If this turn out out be a good car and it fails because it is an Ansmann, I think it will be a great shame.

I agree .....

I am still trying to figure out why there are so few RB5s out on track, can only assume that it's because most people want to run the "proven" car and only that. Shame.

I say good luck to them.
Old 19-02-2009

Mmm I like it. One item that stands out from the B4. I like the wire holders for the motor wire on the rear shock tower, its front end however looks a bit strange but still looks interesting. I hope that the wishbones are stronger than the weak B4 ones, as I may buy one. Game on.
Answer UK team driver
Designer of the Lazer ZX/ZXR carbon fibre tub chassis
Designer of the Lazer ZXRS
Old 20-02-2009

Default ansmann buggy and truck

spoke to shaun today,the car pictured is the x pro kit version,and as far as i can gather includes all bits shown.there will be a truck version also in kit form.rrp for both is £139.99.there will be an rtr version called the madrat [not sure what truck version is called,maybe madrat t?].amazing rrp of just £99.cant wait to get my hands on one.should have more info in 2 weeks.many thanks jez.
Old 20-02-2009
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to Tom3012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jez View Post
spoke to shaun today,the car pictured is the x pro kit version,and as far as i can gather includes all bits shown.there will be a truck version also in kit form.rrp for both is £139.99.there will be an rtr version called the madrat [not sure what truck version is called,maybe madrat t?].amazing rrp of just £99.cant wait to get my hands on one.should have more info in 2 weeks.many thanks jez.

£99 for an rtr! thats a bargain! cant fault it for that! surely thats a good option for new comers? im tempted to get the truck in "pro" form, £140 is not bad at all!

Atomic Carbon S2, S44, Vega B4.1

Trader feedback: http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19374
Old 20-02-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

An idea of likely UK release date Jez?
Old 20-02-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG28 View Post
An idea of likely UK release date Jez?
it is the end of MArch, release date. My only concern, with seeing other Ansmann kit, is fit and finish, if that is good.... then it got to be a good option, just got to get them on the track.
Old 20-02-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCM View Post
it is the end of MArch, release date. My only concern, with seeing other Ansmann kit, is fit and finish, if that is good.... then it got to be a good option, just got to get them on the track.
Production-start is the first week of april..
(I've got this from Ansmann by the way...)
Old 21-02-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCM View Post
probably april.think i will give the pro buggy a try,seems a lot easier than stripping and cleaning my rb5.the truck version looks a good buy in either guise.be nice to know what rating speedo/motor is included in rtr.hopefully something that can handle a mild modified.i thought the e firestorm was good value at £150,but this is something else provided it can handle a bit of rough and tumble.hopefully have one for beginning of outdoor regionals.many thanks jez.
Old 20-04-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Sooooo....anyone still thinking of running one of these when they come out, assuming that's soon??

Not heard a think for ages, but tempted to give one a run to see how it goes if anyone still planning to stock spares etc?
Old 20-04-2009

I got mine on order, got told, end of the month, they will be in with Ansmann.
Old 20-04-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Mike Hudson

looks just like a xxxcr with b4 gearbox fitted to me, will be good to see a couple of them on the track to see how they go
Old 20-04-2009

Default ansmann madrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG28 View Post
Sooooo....anyone still thinking of running one of these when they come out, assuming that's soon??

Not heard a think for ages, but tempted to give one a run to see how it goes if anyone still planning to stock spares etc?
last i heard put release back to june,shame really.still hope to get one in,but realistically any later than june will mean i still be running kyosho at regional.would be good to put through its paces outdoors.ta jez.
Old 20-04-2009

That's a shame, they are showing at Apex for £133 for the pro versions. I am sure the price would have tempted a few to try them out for the summer season.
Old 28-04-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Any more word guys? Asnmann website I think is saying 3 or 4 days, and some place in Denmark is showing next week??

Will spares be difficult to get hold of, or is the importer ok? Guess that last is a question for Jez around how quickly he'll be able to sort bits!
Old 28-04-2009

from what I understand, Ansmann(UK) are pretty good at supplying spares, as to how soon they will be in, I am not sure, but I can't see that they would take a shipment without spares too.