Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 01-02-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Whilst I understand your frustration I also understand the BRCA position.

If there were no specification which had to be worked to technology would advance at a huge rate ..... every couple of weeks there would be another "must have" product and the expense of that would far out reach the cost of buying only "legal" components.
To be fair, the lists are easy to find on the BRCA electric board site.

The other reason specifications are important is so that the car manufactures have clear dimensions to work with when designing their cars. Again if they didn't then manufactures would be faced with the possibility that all there clever design work being made obsolete ever couple of months by the aforementioned "must have" product. If that was the case then it would be uneconomic to tool up for a production run at the sort of retail prices we are now used too!!!

When I see a lot of the the same part / car / item for sale at the same time I feel the need to ask myself why so many people no longer want that thing.
Old 01-02-2009

should they not bare in mind people have already paid good money for the stuff they already have tho?? 70 quid is alot of money?? Maybe only legalise it as a retro componant. Ie one of its kind now lets never spaek of it again??
Old 01-02-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyDogWoof View Post
should they not bare in mind people have already paid good money for the stuff they already have tho?? 70 quid is alot of money?? Maybe only legalise it as a retro componant. Ie one of its kind now lets never spaek of it again??
until the official list is published i would not even speculate on what is going on if you want to find out check the list as and when it becomes available then try and buy the legal packs asap as demand outstrips supply very quick
Old 01-02-2009

thats my point..170 quid is hard to come by.!
Old 01-02-2009
Lion-O - King of the Thundercats

Send a message via MSN to bigred5765 Send a message via Skype™ to bigred5765

how many are you buying £170? one pack for each car is ample, your talking sub £120 and will out last 10 12 packs of cells,Bargain
Old 01-02-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyDogWoof View Post
thats my point..170 quid is hard to come by.!
yes but ive run demon packs 45 quid each and 2 packs if they are legal as there sold as is 90 quid for 5000 20c so 90quid is way cheaper than the six packs of up in smoke cells we have used for the last few years and from what i here will last upwards of 500 cycles so happy days
Old 01-02-2009

Are we talking saddle packs?? or stick..Coz i have a b44..So i can only use saddle
Old 02-02-2009

The way i see it, ANYONE who buys or has bought saddle lipos BEFORE the brca release the official list is a gambler. If you have bought them you were surely 'hoping' they would be on the list?

People bought lipos last year and they werent on the list, so they would never be able to run them at brca meetings anyway. Why complain about it if the batteries you have bought arent on the new list? Is that the brca's fault? I'm sure they have their reasons for only allowing certain batteries to be included and these people already knew they were illegal!

I think Rogers post about the fact that they need to enforce standards is a valid point. They are merely trying to enforce the fact that lipo's should be a direct alternative to running nimh cells with no modification, just as nimh's were an alternative to running nicad's.