Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Xtreme - VEGA

Old 13-12-2013
Mad Member

There are plenty of examples of businesses with good products and poor customer service going to the wall, just as there are plenty of examples of substandard products being successful on the back of excellent customer relations.

You have to have a REALLY good product to succeed when you ignore your customers!
Old 13-12-2013
Spends too long on oOple ...

As much as I find this type of thread about Team Extreme amusing, as they do crop up often, but suggesting or wondering if they have gone out of business is a little out of order, until otherwise stated, they are still trading (albeit not communicating, selling or supporting to their customer base).

If people are unhappy, buy a different brand, shouting on here don't really do any good when it comes to this manufacturer.
Old 13-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCM View Post
As much as I find this type of thread about Team Extreme amusing, as they do crop up often, but suggesting or wondering if they have gone out of business is a little out of order, until otherwise stated, they are still trading (albeit not communicating, selling or supporting to their customer base).
Sorry Steve, but i dont agree. If you are not communicating, selling or supporting your customer base then you are only still trading on paper, not in actuallity.

So in that case I think people who have sent them money, ordered parts and who want to order off them have a right to know if they are still in business, selling the business, moving premesis or whatever's happening - I want Pred parts, i have money to spend right now, but no way would i send them money atm until i know whats what.

And as TE e-mails and phones arent being answered, this is about the only place left to talk about it. It's what forums are for anyway. Ok, i personally think Ron came across far too harsh earlier - espeically when your talking about someones livelyhood - but thats his view, not necessarily everyone else's.

The rest of us just want some simple information as to what's going on so we can keep supporting the brand - you yourself know im a huge Predator and Vega fan - safe in the knowledge we are going to get parts in a reasonable time and not potentially lose our money.

I dont think thats too much to ask for ?
Old 13-12-2013

No, it isn't to much to ask for to be honest Matt, and I fully agree, I am just uncomfortable of people talking of a business being closed when possibly it isn't, as most who are into their RC Cars fully know, Team Extreme must live on another planet 95% of the time and only come on here when they must have bills to pay so need to sell something.

Either that, or it is one hell of a weird marketing policy...... Maybe Lewis is treating his customers like a girlfriend, 'treat them mean, keep them keen'....
Old 13-12-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Threds like this are never good for buisness, IF they are still going I would have thought one of them would have posted on here to put this thred to bed a long time ago. Rc is a small world and things like this can do loads of damage. professional business never let anyone know,all is well right up to the official very public statement saying our doors are closing. Just as JE did.

If they have gone, It's a shame,the vega products are second to none, I feel very sorry for the guys as small business isn't just a job, it's your life and in most cases every penny you have. But that said treating people\customers like this will make you no friends in the coming months.

www.norfolkbuggyclub.moonfruit.com

kyosho optima,Bosscat,Boomerang,,RB5 Vega,RB7,,RC12 5.2, TLR22-4,MP9,HB807T
Flask of tea & a rollup
Anglia model centre & CT Models
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28117
Old 13-12-2013

Ron B loving reading your comments, thumbs up from me, saying what were all feeling, we are all a bunch of muppets, looking forward to this thread continuing

Old 14-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobber View Post
Ron, as stated some of your comments go too far without actually thinking about the bigger picture. However.......i do agree on some of your points. I too find it difficult to understand why they would not take 5 mins to post on here as to what is going on, so in that i take your point.

This type of comment
"
You have all been treated like complete idiots. how does it taste now.

I was flamed, shot down and abused for pointing out inadequacies in their customer service or support for the predator in one particular thread.
"

Is not required!
If you go back to previous threads, this was aimed at the supporters on oOple who blindly jump in and bash whoever has a problem with their conduct in regard to their loyal customers.

Seriously, go find the thread and have a good read.

RebelRC is one of them at whom my post was aimed. I copped it from him/her/it and as a result, i find it amusing that people like that have been, once again, made to look stupid. What i am NOT amused at however, is possibly others affected by such poor attitudes to fellow hobbyists, racers, human beings.

Im interested to know what this "bigger picture"? They made their bed, they can lie in it. In no way is the customer at fault.

Last edited by James; 14-12-2013 at 01:55 PM.
Old 14-12-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARB View Post
hi
just had two of my three items delivered one put on back order, needless to say they took MY MONEY for the three, I two have called them and got the number out if service BT answer message, guess that means the have gone out of business.

if they are moving how come nothing said on here, this is the communication age do they know this, email, text, phone, Internet.

For three parts ordered on the 28 November to getting two on the 6 December that's what I call poor and being charged almost £3.00 for p+p.

I am so glad I did not buy one of their cars

Hi Maybe TX have had enough of posts like the above harming their progress
You waited 1week for some bits?
Yes not ideal
But sometimes happens
As for the back order part this has happened to me many times over the years when ordering from many major hobby shops ( yes money taken then part has arrived later) in fact I can think of a very large uk shop that does this all of the time , you place the order then they place their order , get it and send to customer. And that's not taking into TX's having to make the part.
But because of this quite normal situation
It seem like tx only sell items to part time company business experts lol
They all know better lol
Carb do you really think that every tiny part you order from anywhere, there is a man firing up a machine to pump out say one spur gear?
I'm not bashing you Carb
Just trying get a measure of you.
And I just think Rons constant input doesn't do anybody any favours
Old 14-12-2013

Mate you just dont get it, as i have stated to you many times before..

So many people are saying the same thing.

Waiting is fine, IF YOU KNOW ABOUT IT. The problem is communication.

Im not the one making these threads, im not the only person who feels it is wrong. Yet i get singled out by you. You actually blame the customer in your above comment. In the first line. You must be kidding.
Old 14-12-2013
Mad Member

have been watching vega stuff for a while ( I ran preds in the very early days (William mitcham kev moore Richmond rogers era ) when owned by Richard weatherley

I nearly plumped for 201 vega or b4 vega recently but just daren't because I don't know whats going on with spares availability

if they have ceased trading its a shame if they haven't please let us know so we can make a decision either way

at the moment I just don't know

is it too much for a reply from team extreme

fidspeed
Old 14-12-2013
Mad Member

Ron
My first line of my post isn't blaming anything!
The way you portray Vega in your all too frequent posts is very misguiding
Almost perverse!
There are many many many vega cars out there and you make it out like they all have been ripped off and deceived
You make out that nothing good has come out of that factory
And your comments regarding this recent lack of communication from TX are disgusting
I'm not sure what rumours you are basing your factual posts upon
But nails in coffins etc ,really poor taste

Overpriced! Comments just make you look silly
Old 14-12-2013

You obviously cannot read what you post then.

Nor what others post.

If you go back to previous posts in the other thread you had a go at me for, wait for it, shockingly "expecting a service that people pay a business for", i did say how great vega kits are, how amazingly beautiful the workmanship is and the quality is second to none.

Go back and read it you goose. At least if you are going to write something, have the balls to back up what you say. One particular comment of mine was a little harsh i agree. But please, if you choose to feign intelligence, at least have something intelligent to say and back up your claims about what people did or did not say.
Old 14-12-2013

This is no longer about TX or anything else, its become about you and your portrayal of me and attitude to others who are having a legitimate problem and have no other choice but to put it on here.

So on that note, enjoy your blind ingorance you silly. little. man.
Old 14-12-2013
Mad Member

Ron you Cock ( as we are now calling each other bird names apparently )
It's posts like these that no one needs
But are funny though
Old 14-12-2013

Rebel, we know you always defend TX as you are related to them i believe ? Nothing wrong about that at all. In fact, admirable tbh. And you make some valid points about acceptable delivery times, back orders etc etc. But you really do rise to Ron's bait too easily....

Stupid thing is, one thing we all agree on are that the products - the Vega's & Predator's - are top-notch. I cant remember when i saw a thread about negative quality of the products. Doubt there has been one tbh. Pretty much everyone who posts in these threads either runs them or wants to run them as well. I do, and will do until i cant get spares anymore.

The single, important thing here is that nearly all the threads, including this one, about Team Xtreme and delivery problems in general all boils down to one, simple problem.

Reliable, informative & thruthful..... communication. Or lack of.

The products are great. The brand is great. Im sure they, as people, are great. But the communication isnt, and hasnt every really been. If they wouldve had that, or get it from now, you would never have threads like these about TE. In that respect, Ron is dead right. End-of as far as im concerned.

On that note ( slight hijack ), im strugling to find a replacement X11 chassis for my cracked one. If anyone has a spare X11 chassis - stick or saddle, new or good s/h - or even a complete X11 for sale, please PM me... cash waiting
Old 14-12-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

GEEE !!!! When I started this thread I just wanted to know if TX had changed there number, so I could order some bits as I had been trying to ring with no reply. Ive run vega since Gen 1 and they changed address and number only last year.

It was in no mean to slag or start and slagging match between fellow ooplers.

I do find it strange that nobody has been on this thread from TX to explain but this may be due to personal reasons ( I dont know this is just guessing).

So the thread started by me was to see if the number had changed 4/5 weeks ago and really still dont know if it has.
Old 14-12-2013
RHR RACING

Send a message via MSN to James

Facts and opinions in good taste are fine and generally oOple is a pretty liberable place. You're all completely entitled to free speech but if this thread continues as a slanging match I'll lock it, I've edited and toned down a few comments.
Old 15-12-2013

I just wish we could find out one way or the other so this can all be put to bed
Old 15-12-2013

Easiest thing, if someone is local to them, pop along!!
Old 17-12-2013

Yes i guess that would be a simple way