Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/18th & Micro stuff

Old 21-01-2008

Default which 1/18

Got a big back garden and im about to build a track and im looking to race 1/18th with a few friends, so which one should i go for as i dont no much about them, want something i can upgrade and be quick but not mamba 50 mph quick, what sort off cells do you use with them, can you use lipo and how much run time do you get from one, thanks in advance
Old 21-01-2008
Spends too long on oOple ...

8k mamba & 1500 lipo in 18T on 14/55 on TRCC onroad track runs for approx 18 mins before the lipo empties
CFR RCTV Channel
Glenn Atterton

BRCA 2005 1/10th Off-Road Veterans Champion
LMP12 National Champion 2003/2004 / F3 class
Old 21-01-2008

Sounds cool but your 18t is way to fast for what i want one for
Old 21-01-2008

RC 18 out of the box is quite quick,you could add the Tamiya Black sport tuned motor for a bit more speed(there are 2 types,the red endplate one is the faster one) for no more than £7.00
Castle Creations Mambas come in 4 winds,if you go for the lowest one you can make it up with changing the gearing.
If you have never used Lipo`s,you will be stunned at the performance,couple of points re lipo`s though,never run them totally flat or they die and make propper sure you never short them or overcharge them,they can burst into flames.
Superb performance though,stunning in fact.
Lots of people love this FTX Blaze car and i think they do a RTR Brushless version for cheap.
Old 21-01-2008

ok i got the rc18 it is fast but the steering isn't amasing,id go for an ftx blaze you can use 1/10th servos if you have them so you dont need to invest in more is slightly bigger so more planted.takes larger motors to compensate for the weight.it's the blaze thats winning the national series both are similar in price but then again you could buy one new with electrics and buy anothor rolling chassis of ebay for like 30 quid yeha that cheap.they mostly use lipos in mod class now and rc plane lipos are popular.the nimh are cheap aswell i mean you can get cells of a good quality for £1.50 each.if you are going to get new charger etc aswell make the jump to lipo now.it will become promenant in the next few years.either the rc18t or the ftx blaze inmo.check out uk-microrc.co.uk aswell its run by cosie (same on there)and they guys there are in the know.ps:as for motors even £30 brushed are decent 30 mph etc but brushless is a lot more affordable than in the 1 10ths systems are online for 45 quid new.stock 20mph so whatever you get things will come together quickly feel free to drop a pm if you want help

Last edited by low13; 21-01-2008 at 08:06 PM. Reason: futher help
Old 21-01-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by low13 View Post
ok i got the rc18 it is fast but the steering isn't amasing,id go for an ftx blaze you can use 1/10th servos if you have them so you dont need to invest in more is slightly bigger so more planted.takes larger motors to compensate for the weight.it's the blaze thats winning the national series both are similar in price but then again you could buy one new with electrics and buy anothor rolling chassis of ebay for like 30 quid yeha that cheap.they mostly use lipos in mod class now and rc plane lipos are popular.the nimh are cheap aswell i mean you can get cells of a good quality for £1.50 each.if you are going to get new charger etc aswell make the jump to lipo now.it will become promenant in the next few years.either the rc18t or the ftx blaze inmo.check out uk-microrc.co.uk aswell its run by cosie (same on there)and they guys there are in the know.ps:as for motors even £30 brushed are decent 30 mph etc but brushless is a lot more affordable than in the 1 10ths systems are online for 45 quid new.stock 20mph so whatever you get things will come together quickly feel free to drop a pm if you want help
thanks for the info lads didn't know they were so popular just signed up to the micro website so gonna have a good look through, does the blaze come as a rtr or can you get the kit.
Old 21-01-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Dude! If you want a top notch RTR have a look at Action model Centre, they do the LRP Shark 18 Monster RTR, it has top notch Electrics and is IMHO the best chassis bar none, this will be great for bashing, strong, fast and handles GREAT!

You could easily hop it up with some trick chassis mods or you could just make it faster with some Lipos and/or a Novak Mongoose (sensored brushless)

If you want to build the ultimate 1/18th check out the LRP Shark 18 Monster Pro... it's won 2 Nationals.
Old 21-01-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

And not forgetting, some phat bloke won the Modified Championship with an FTX Blaze...avaliable at all good CML listed retailers
Old 21-01-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Hmmm.. Fat bloke, skinny car or Slim bloke, phat car

The choice is yours.