Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > X-Factory

Old 16-12-2006

Default Just picked up an X-5.

Hey mates, I just picked up an X-5 and was wondering if any of you have had the chance to compare it to the Yokomo MR4-BX? I have a BX and like it but I just can't get it to go as fast as my old XX4 so I figured I would give the X-5 a go. It has a Losi one-way installed and is really in great shape. Titanium ball studs through out. That sort of thing. Anyway, any input would be great......
Cheers,
cabby
Old 16-12-2006
Admin

I had a quick go with the oOple review Yokomo and it was Ok, but to be honest since Jimmy loaned me the X5, he aint never ever getting it back
Old 16-12-2006
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Hey John, I think that says it all doesn't it?

Im sure you'll sell the BX on ebay, as I reckon you won't want to part with the X-5 once you have tried it.
Old 17-12-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrislong View Post
Hey John, I think that says it all doesn't it?

Im sure you'll sell the BX on ebay, as I reckon you won't want to part with the X-5 once you have tried it.
I was so afraid of that!!!! With the suspension of the XX4 and the drive train of the xxx4 it has to be a winner!!!! I was looking for an X-5 when I found the Yoke. I will miss the durability of the BX. I no most of the tricks to strengthen the X-5 but it still won't come close to the BX in that department I don't think? I'll get to race it next Saturday for the first time and I can't wight!!!!!!!!!
Old 18-12-2006
#1 ZX5 fan

For an outdoor/low grip setup I usually use 40wt, orange piston, blue or green spring on the front and 30wt, bluw piston, red spring for the rear.

Stick something like that it and add ride height to suit (don't run it too low) and it will go well everywhere!

Dan

Nortech is ACE!
Old 24-12-2006

Well I raced is Saturday at my local indoor track and the results were interesting. The layout has been the same for 10 weeks and I raced my Yoke there 8 weekends out of that. I raced my X5 there Yesterday and went about 1 second faster per lap on average than I ever did with my yoke. I ran the second fastest lap of the day with the X5. I did break a right Losi one way bearing but I did not have the springs in. The springs are in there now.
I have every option for the Yoke that Yokomo makes for the BX except the heavy duty drive shafts. I just can't seem to get it around the track fast enough.
Old 24-12-2006

I'm sure Bathy will buy the BX off you?
Paint by Wezzer.
Old 24-12-2006
#1 ZX5 fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabbynate View Post
Well I raced is Saturday at my local indoor track and the results were interesting. The layout has been the same for 10 weeks and I raced my Yoke there 8 weekends out of that. I raced my X5 there Yesterday and went about 1 second faster per lap on average than I ever did with my yoke. I ran the second fastest lap of the day with the X5. I did break a right Losi one way bearing but I did not have the springs in. The springs are in there now.
I have every option for the Yoke that Yokomo makes for the BX except the heavy duty drive shafts. I just can't seem to get it around the track fast enough.
That's good to hear. My X5 is so much safer and more stable than any other car I've had. I'd strongly recomend the ally Lesro one way diff Chazz stocks. Super heavy duty, fit and forget!

From what I've seen of the BX's, when it ruts up the rear end starts bucking round like a bronco, was that your experience?

Dan

Nortech is ACE!
Old 25-12-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by super__dan View Post
That's good to hear. My X5 is so much safer and more stable than any other car I've had. I'd strongly recomend the ally Lesro one way diff Chazz stocks. Super heavy duty, fit and forget!

From what I've seen of the BX's, when it ruts up the rear end starts bucking round like a bronco, was that your experience?

Dan
No. The track I race on is smooth and indoors. It was a Little rough as it has been the same layout for the past 10 weeks or so. I could just not get it to do what I wanted it to do consistently. The diff's are a bugger as well.
I would bet it is those little tiny trust balls. My diff's would not stay consistent during a race? I have never had this problem with Losi diff's........