Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2013

Default What's the best 2wd buggy out there right now?

Just wondering what is the best 2wd buggy available to buy in the uk right now, as i'm thinking of upgrading my current car.
Old 09-04-2013

Kyo RB6

Solid in every aspect
Old 09-04-2013
Lion-O - King of the Thundercats

Send a message via MSN to bigred5765 Send a message via Skype™ to bigred5765

+ one on the rb6
Old 09-04-2013

Yokomo B-Max2MR
Old 09-04-2013

Thanks , will look in more depth at the rb6, only heard good from the things,
Old 09-04-2013
oOple Advertiser

Team C TM2 has got 1st, 2nd and 4th at east of England regional and won East Midlands regional. Stunning car.

--SMD--INSIDE LINE MODELS--PR RACING UK--

My feedback
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79696
Old 09-04-2013
Mad Member

The definition 'best' is too vague and subjective. It all depends on the demands of the user. 'Fastest' is also quite subjective as this depends more on the driver, and are you looking at pace from the best driver for that car or if anyone could go around with it quickly? And does it matter how easy it is to maintain that pace? Does it matter if it goes extremely well on just one surface or offers the diversity to drive 'all' surfaces? Is durability taken into account, setup options, how many option parts are required to make it perform well (and in fact, is this a positive or a negative thing: some people like modding and making their car individual).

That said, the following cars things particularly caught my eye last season:

X6 (Sq): To me it seems everyone I see driving one/speak about the car says it is forgiving, relatively easy to set up and easy to get comfortable with - quite a feat if you ask me! It might also be the best bang for buck when bought second hand!

DEX210: This has to be the most adjustable car out of the box... impressive stuff! It also comes with a small disadvantage though, being that it takes a good amount of setup knowledge to absolutely optimize the car.

DB1: Surprising in every way, from price tag to performance (from other drivers' opinions that is, I haven't driven one). I never expected a layout like that could work so well

As for these cars... I'm not saying they are particularly superior over other offerings (like I said, 'best' is all down to demands of the user in question), but they do have remarkable unique selling points that I thought were worth the mention
Old 09-04-2013

Thanks again for all info, will look into all suggestions for 'the one'
Old 09-04-2013
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to danDanEFC

Mine
Old 09-04-2013

Schumacher Cougar SV2. I went from a b4.1 rtr and immediately felt comfortable, it has been rock solid and super fast from the start.
Old 09-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggy#0 View Post
Schumacher Cougar SV2. I went from a b4.1 rtr and immediately felt comfortable, it has been rock solid and super fast from the start.
The be fair, I don't think you can really compare those 2 as one is a rear motor that was destined in America for dirt track and the other is mid motor that was designed in the uk for astro and carpet
--->Seller Feedback<---
Old 09-04-2013
Awesome Admin

Send a message via AIM to Col

Everyone posts what they drive... so in their opinion it's the "best" car. Personally I hated the SV2, B4, the Team C and have never seen a RB6 or Bmax2

Go to your local track, look around the cars, ask questions. Someone might even let you have a go.
Other than the gem of wisdom above the only other thing of interest in this thread is posted by Origineelreclamebord.

/thread
Old 09-04-2013

Bmax2mr I great. Good setup straight out box, very strong and quality excellent.

This car is only going to grow in popularity

2nd is 1st placed loser!!

Old 09-04-2013

Personally if I was in your position then I would try and have a go with other cars from people at your club to see what you like the feel of, if your on a budget then have look at what cars are within your budget, read a few online reviews on a couple of cars that you like to see how difficult they are to set up, how tough they are etc.
--->Seller Feedback<---
Old 09-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col View Post
Everyone posts what they drive... so in their opinion it's the "best" car. Personally I hated the SV2, B4, the Team C and have never seen a RB6 or Bmax2

Go to your local track, look around the cars, ask questions. Someone might even let you have a go.
Other than the gem of wisdom above the only other thing of interest in this thread is posted by Origineelreclamebord.

/thread
Gem of wisdom? My post?
--->Seller Feedback<---
Old 09-04-2013

Don't really want to comment on best or fastest but having had most of the current 2wd cars and currently owning a rb6 since release date me personally rate the car very highly.Car is well designed and made, with quality materials and seems to be a strong
Car as not yet broke a thing, and the big bore velvety shocks are a master piece in shock absorber design.
So the rb6 gets a big thumbs up.
Old 09-04-2013
Mad Member

As col said most people thing there current car is the mutts. In my experience and poor knowledge of car setup the x6 is the car for ME, I have tried other cars and gone back to the X6 three times and I will be upgrading to the cubed.
Old 09-04-2013

It also depends what your budget is or how much you want to spend?

Are you looking for value for money?

What car do you want to upgrade from?

All these things you need to take into account

Schumacher Laydown
Schumacher Cat L1

Schumacher
RC Octane
Old 09-04-2013

Schumacher sv2 is the best car you will get! And lots of hop ups to add when and if you want. You can personalise it any way you want. It's strong and reliable as well.... trust me I should know!!!

Schumacher-Racing
Old 09-04-2013
Mad Member

Sadly their is no answer to this question...only a lot of very conflicting personal opinion!

I personally don't like the current Schumacher cars...not that I have anything against Schumacher...that's just my personal preference right now. they look over complex in design to me. But that is purely my opinion.

But actually I also think all the current crop of cars are good enough to win the A final at an international, national, regional or local race...if your personally good enough at driving them, and can figure out how to set it up so it suits your driving style, the conditions and your ability!

My point being...give Lee Martin/Neil Cragg/Jorn Nuemann any car and they'll be fighting for top honours on the right day.

There are some pro's and cons to certain cars that might be an influence for you personally though...

Can you set up a car yourself, or do you need the help of someone else to advise you? If you can't then there's no point buying car that no one you know knows anything about!

Do you like the look of one and not another? If you like it design/build/appearance wise, then you'll drive it better!

Can you afford to buy a huge pile of spares to carry around with you, or are you going to rely on local or attending shops for parts when you need them? If your going to rely on local shops, then you need to buy something they stock and support!

So...my personal opinion...I love the design simplicity and handling of the centro...absolutely fantastic car that largely dominated the nationals in the uk for a short period when it was first released...it just made you faster than before! Well it did for me anyway. But I didn't like low robustness of the chassis, or the wear rate on a few of the parts.

I now own a Bmax2MR...and so far loving it! Same simple design and layout as the Centro, with the flexibility and robustness of a plastic chassis...and the parts quality is fantastic! We don't yet have the amount of setup information that the centro has, but there are a few of us working on that now...and the car deserves some good attention IMO.

Good luck in your quest!
Racing in South West: http://www.mendiprcraceway.co.uk/
Racing in Wales: www.caldicotrcracers.co.uk
Kept running by: Yokomo via MB Models & www.tracksidespares.co.uk
Shells by Square Crabs
Closed Thread