Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 12th & 10th On Road

Old 22-06-2011

Default Help with lipo's and west london racing centre

Have been out of the loop for a while and come back to the sport and lipo's have landed!!
What difference can i expect compared to the 3800 nimhs i used to run in terms of power and longevity,presumably i wont need so many sets of batterys?If not how soon after a race can i/should i charge them..dont want my new beasty literally on fire while racing!!
Any help greatly appreciated.

ps running 1/10 touring,most likely 13.5t stock
Old 23-06-2011
Mad Member

We can manage a meeting on one battery (keep another as backup), we slap onto charge as soon as a heat finishes and ready to go as soon as.

lipo's will give you more power and are lighter so the car will seem to fly. Remember to only charge on a lipo charger, in a lipo sack, and do not run to low or they will not recharge (always disconnect or take out of the car between meetings, we left a set connected, but switch to off, they completly slowly discharged, had to chuck em).

Don't know much about west london but am sure if you pop in there they will all be on this sort of stuff.
Old 23-06-2011

Not only lipos but brushless motor's and speedo's Ican recommend hobbywing xtreme stock ecs+there motors+2 in 1 program box .YOU will not believe the speed from 13.5 moter 27brushed equivalent .Don't let the cheapness put you off you can get all three for £120 that's cheaper than just a equivalent ecs.
don't take my word for it ask about at west London track
Old 24-06-2011

Lipos are not only lighter but have a greater capacity - you could get away with one pack but two will make your life easier particularly as we are now in the 'summer' months when the numbers tend to drop off a bit
You might want to think about 17.5 as these aren't exactly slow with the advancing speedos.