Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Associated

Old 11-04-2009

Default b44

anyone having issues getting the b44 down to anywhere the proper ride height at the rear without cutting the springs?
Old 11-04-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Mike Hudson

no problems here with silver springs on the rear and brca legal lipos with no added weight, can even wind the collars down about 3 to 4mm! what setup you running in the shocks?
Old 11-04-2009

Send a message via ICQ to Scouser

No problems here either mate. Is it front, rear or both you are having problems with?
Old 12-04-2009
Mad Member

With no weight in mine and LIPO's on silver rear springs I have about 2mm of space between the top of the shocks and shock collar, thats with the ride set to driveshafts level.

Out of curiosity you haven't put the off set spring cups that should be on the front shocks on the rear ones? From looking at mine they seem to push the spring higher up so that could be why you are struggling to get the ride height correct at the rear.

On a side note with running LIPO batteries are you cars up to the BRCA weight limit with out any extra weight? Mine is currently 8 grams under with no weight added. If you are adding weight are you making it up to the weight it was with NIMh's or just to the BRCA weight limit of 1588 grams?

Sorry to hijack the thread!!

Norfolk Buggy Club- Norfolk's 1/10th and 1/8th Premier Off Road Model Car Club in association with BRCA East of England 1/10 Off Road Regional Racing

JemmettFox- Accountants and Business Advisors

Click any of the above to head to the website!
Old 12-04-2009

problems only in the back.im running demon brca lipos with no added weight.no rebound on the shocks either.spring cups are the right ones.dont know really.i did buy it second hand but is as new.tried my b4 shocks which i think are the same size but same result,ride height too high.wierd!
Old 14-04-2009

Hi,
A friend of mine had the same problem, you should try to rebuild the shocks as described in the manual. Not saying that you do but i noticed a lot of people build the asso shocks the wrong way .

I have a question, sorry to hijack the thread, how come on the B44 many people use a different front/rear ride height ?
Like Paul Bradby's grass setup says 22 mm front, 20mm back .

Thanks .

Xray xb4
Old 16-04-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by charles08 View Post

I have a question, sorry to hijack the thread, how come on the B44 many people use a different front/rear ride height ?
Like Paul Bradby's grass setup says 22 mm front, 20mm back .

Thanks .

Have only run mine once, but it seems to stop the inside rear wheel lifting off the ground when going hard into a corner, and also gives a touch more steering into the corner, I suspect due to greater weight transfer.

Norfolk Buggy Club- Norfolk's 1/10th and 1/8th Premier Off Road Model Car Club in association with BRCA East of England 1/10 Off Road Regional Racing

JemmettFox- Accountants and Business Advisors

Click any of the above to head to the website!
Old 17-04-2009

sent an email to lee martin.he says he also has to cut his silver springs.so maybe its just the way it is.cheers for the replies guys.