Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Mansfield RC Club

Old 08-01-2014

Send a message via Yahoo to spybot
Default At Long Last

It's a damn shame my missus has taken her Bi-Weekly bout of being too ill for me to go out anywhere & have to play doctor (if it were up to me I'd sooner take on the role of Undertaker but she's too stubborn to oblige), because it means I've got to wait till next to come back to racing. This time I hope to be a damn sight better & last longer than my last attempt at a racing comeback.

I've finally got my cat running & handling properly (I think) & all it's taken is a new rear diff, new front driveshafts, new pivot blocks, new pivot pins, new ball grippa sockets, a new front shock mount, a complete strip down & re-build of the front shocks with all new parts & 2 new servo horns. just a few bits but now it goes in a straight line at all speeds & doesn't have pirouette steering. The whole experience does however give me a Spybot's Top Tip - Racers should beware when buying a 2nd hand RC Car off of Ebay the seller has a reason they are selling & you don't know what hidden damage your purchase will have.

Michael
Old 10-01-2014

or maybe there just want to fund a new ride by selling their current one but i wouldnt have brought a cat anyway durango 410 seems to go for about £100 ish and are a very good secondhand 4wd.