Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Mansfield RC Club

Old 26-01-2014

Very rare that we have a track at Mansfield that I do not get on with. I like tracks to have a good flow that reward drivers who can get a rhythm with a nice mix of obstacles and open sections. You need sections to perform overtakes, too many obstacles make that difficult. Jumps on the straight would not be my preference but you have to give these things a go and I agree placed at the right distance make them a good challenge and rewarding if you get it right. I like the mats idea, would add a completely different obstacle to the options we have.

Durango 410R | DEX210 | B4 FT
Old 27-01-2014

I bet thats what all the girls say deano. The table top needs to be the one we have downstairs if its still ok. Some of the best tracks weve had can be seen on youtube under urban rc extreme, maybe we can take the best from them all and see what we can come up with. No jumps on the straight gets my vote
Old 27-01-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by dicky14 View Post
I bet thats what all the girls say deano. The table top needs to be the one we have downstairs if its still ok. Some of the best tracks weve had can be seen on youtube under urban rc extreme, maybe we can take the best from them all and see what we can come up with. No jumps on the straight gets my vote
No rich it's want to be the opposite so that's 2+ another 2 = yes that's right 7 good at maths I am lol
Old 27-01-2014

Fair enough regarding the jumps on the straight :-) Still think we should test some sort of big jump somewhere tho, all the best tracks seem to have one.

Iv asked my lodger about getting hold of conveyor belts too, ordered a few 1200x500x6mm belts for us to test, he can get 40mm thick too which will be mega heavy but cud be used like/instead of mats. See what he brings home.
Old 27-01-2014

The problem is with really big jumps is making it strong but light enough to be portable to be put into place even though it can be in sections and it doesn't dominate the track, we do have a dairy amount of space but not like west bridgeford or Worksop the latter have a great double jump they use in front of the rostrum. The big jump we have is ok just needs the mesh sorting out so there are no holes as it's damaging cars but other than that we could introduce the half pipe again and the fore mentioned gym mats