Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > 10ELECTRIC - Cullingworth

View Poll Results: Fridays Track
Touring car type flat track 1 7.69%
Assault course without the tyre rumble section 6 46.15%
Fast with minimal jumps 7 53.85%
Technical with minimal jumps 1 7.69%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 22-02-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jampat2004 View Post
Would have like to no racing was on again 2 weeks in a row, didn't realise this was just sat in twiddling my thumbs on Friday night could have been racing damm.
So where does this leave the calendar just so I don't miss anymore meetings.
Need to check oople a bit more
meeting in two weeks, then the friday after, then two weeks after that to be back on original schedule.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 23-02-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by neallewis View Post
the tabletop works better with the white plastic sheeting taped to it instead of carpet.
We tried that and the cars where slipping onto the up ramp meaning you had no control where you entered the ramp.

Quote:
the carpet on the down ramp and out corner bunched up and again made it inconsistent.
This was done so that you had grip to be able to slow down in time for the corner and not smash the car into the wall.

Quote:
the other issue we had was the stage extension which mean we had the gaps to fall into. it worked better the week before completely up against the stage with no gaps.
I dont know if you saw but there where lights in the stage right by your feet. The cars where going over the table at a speed and if there was not a gap then there would have been damage to the equipment.

I understand that not every track that is built is perfect but both me and Danny are more then willing for you to come down and help us build the track.
Old 23-02-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobra_shadow View Post
We tried that and the cars where slipping onto the up ramp meaning you had no control where you entered the ramp.

This was done so that you had grip to be able to slow down in time for the corner and not smash the car into the wall.

I dont know if you saw but there where lights in the stage right by your feet. The cars where going over the table at a speed and if there was not a gap then there would have been damage to the equipment.

I understand that not every track that is built is perfect but both me and Danny are more then willing for you to come down and help us build the track.
Nick my comments were not a criticism of the track or its builders. please don't take it as so, and come back with sarky replies. I've already said i enjoyed the track overall. my comments were just suggestions about future table tops based on when we've built them other ways previously.
chill out man

i was aware of the stage extension and lights, you did the best you could with the stage as it was. the week previously we had the tabletop up against the main stage with no gap. hopefully for next meeting the stage extension will be gone.
we have also previously built a tabletop covered in the plastic sheet which does work better than carpet for the reasons mentioned. you are talking about the sheeting we placed in the run up on the corner which is not what i am referring to. i am referring to keeping a consistent surface throughout the corner in the run up to the ramp.
i would happily be there to help build the track but you are doing it when i am still at work.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 23-02-2014

Yeh Nick shut up and chill out! enhance your inner budda, your tracks suck so does your driving that's why you've got to do 4wd.
----AE B4 ft----Xfactory X6^----DEX210 V1----
----TLR22 3.0----TLR22 4.0----TLR22t 4.0----TLR22 5.0AC----
----AE B6.4----
Old 23-02-2014
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilRalph77 View Post
Yeh Nick shut up and chill out! enhance your inner budda, your tracks suck so does your driving that's why you've got to do 4wd.
Tell it like it is

http://budsballs.co.uk
Old 23-02-2014
Mad Member

Quote:
pmsl, Ralphy just made you his bitch
Old 23-02-2014

Quote:
Old 23-02-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Harrison View Post
pmsl, Ralphy just made you his bitch
hmmmm
Old 23-02-2014

Quote:
meeting in two weeks, then the friday after, then two weeks after that to be back on original schedule.
oh maan.. no meeting on the 28th, are you serious? I have a day hol booked from work to be there... darn it!
Maybe we CAN have a meet on the 28th.. come on Nori.. please.. please... i need all the help i can get wiv my driving abilities!!

The 28th would have been a normal date yeh? so we are on for an extra on the 7th? then back on track(geddit..? good eh..?)for the 14th..?
Old 23-02-2014
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emtee View Post
oh maan.. no meeting on the 28th, are you serious? I have a day hol booked from work to be there... darn it!
Maybe we CAN have a meet on the 28th.. come on Nori.. please.. please... i need all the help i can get wiv my driving abilities!!

The 28th would have been a normal date yeh? so we are on for an extra on the 7th? then back on track(geddit..? good eh..?)for the 14th..?
Yep, meeting a week on Friday, then the week after too. Back to fortnightly then.
Old 23-02-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by emtee View Post

the dramatic society have the hall for their show, hence the friday switch and extra meetings.

Yorcc is on Saturday evening.
Old 24-02-2014

ok.. thnx u guys.. c u then...
Old 26-02-2014

Send a message via MSN to tommygun Send a message via Yahoo to tommygun Send a message via Skype™ to tommygun
Post Culli banter

Just read all this banter. To me, it sounds like that the track designing is getting OTT again! The poll is a great idea, so stick to it! In my opinion, table top ramps are useless and s**t, they break ya car, marshalls have to crawl under the table if a car gets stuck, or climb on the top if stuck. Also, these ramps can damage the surrounding area. Me and Trev like fast flowing tracks, although i do like them ramps James made ages ago. Any way... hopefully me and Trev are coming to next race!!
Old 27-02-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Thanks for that input Tommy.
Old 27-02-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Default 21-02-2014 Final Videos

Videos from last weeks meeting.

2014-02-21 Cullingworth 4WD A1 Final
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZtj7WAgFgg

2014-02-21 Cullingworth 4WD A2 Final
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liKCw3OSnNo

2014-02-21 Cullingworth 2WD A1 Final
(Still to process)

2014-02-21 Cullingworth 2WD A2 Final
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0bopGxaxME

2014-02-21 Cullingworth 2WD B1 Final
(Still to process)

2014-02-21 Cullingworth 2WD B2 Final
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S60te4pIO4k

2014-02-21 Cullingworth 2WD C1 Final
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3peF_vueoVc

2014-02-21 Cullingworth 2WD C2 Final
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvBXScanheQ