Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > South East

Old 06-09-2009
Mad Member

Default Guess what?

Guess I'm one of the first home, my journey being that bit shorter than most of the SE entrants

We've all just returned from a long competitive weekend away at the BRCA Junior/Veteran and British Regional Championships and what can I say?

As well as the individual Championships being fought for in four different categories over the two different classes there are also Regional Championships being contested, separately in the U13/16/Veteran groups and the BRC's and guess what? In the BRCA 2009 U13/U16/Veteran Regional Championship.....

WE WON!!!

There were many notable preformances over the weekend and I'm sure that I'll be able to identify more my when I see the full breakdown of points from the organisers but off the top of my head at this late hour I can think off:

Tom Bates & Jay Holmes taking podium places in the U16 2WD class.
MCDC having a day long battle and evntually finishing runner-up in the Veteran 2WD class.
Andy Johnson making the Veteran A Final.
Alan Moon, Andy Bate and myself battling for the Veteran B Final.
Some brilliant performances by the EIGHT U13's we took to the event, 50% of the entry!
Will Johnson finishing 2nd in the U16 4WD class, splitting the two favourites
MCDC winning and retaining the BRCA Veteran 4WD Championship (with me sneaking in the back of the A Final at the last minute!)

There are probably so many more that I missed but here's a huge thanks to ALL involved it was a MASSIVE team effort (we had the largest entry on BOTH days) with support from families, friends and supporters alike.

Oh and by the way did I happen to mention?

WE WON!!!
Old 07-09-2009

Just got home from an awsome weekend . What a team we had!! The South East GOT IT DONE .
Old 07-09-2009

Well done guys . Congratulations

Jon.

Old 07-09-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Well done to the SE racers! The South East is the best, I have been telling my northern mates this for ages!!

www.rccarshop.co.uk
Old 07-09-2009
Mad Member

Forgot to mention, must have been the lateness of the hour!

In the BRC Regional Championships, where a Regions best FIVE drivers on the day score points towards an overall Championship, the South East finished a very creditable FOURTH behind the bigger, stronger Regions.

Our top five drivers each day were, I think (!):

2WD: Andy Langdon (B); Tristram Neal (B); Chris Brooke (C); Ian Southwell (C) and James Ebden (C)

4WD: Tristram Neal (A!); Ian Southwell (A!); David Poulter (B); James Ebden (D?) and Chris Brooke (E)

Apologies to any I may have missed or relegated.....awaiting official results to be posted!

NB Congrats to Mid West for winning the BRC Regional Championships
Old 07-09-2009

Well done guys . Congratulations
Old 07-09-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

well done to all the juniors that attended, there was some pretty good driving in most of their races. Hopefully they have a taste for the "outdoors" now and will push on to more success next year!

I thoroughly enjoyed my weekend (despite the hard ground and tiny tent!). Big thanks to all the south east crowd for making it so friendly and enjoyable (and the hot chocolate! and splash of petrol for the Gennie), hopefully i managed to pass on some help or advice that benefitted the team.

My highlight was getting the "Gerbil" into the C final, albeit slightly modified. Lowlight was the actual final itself - or lack of! And also attempting to remove Charlies foot on the Sunday - d'oh!

Big thanks to Steve for all his hard work this year. Thoroughly looking forward to a few EPR winter meetings before we kick off again for next year!!

Ansmann Racing UK

RIP - MicroTech Racing

Trader Feedback
Old 07-09-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

To say what has already been said, WELL DONE to all the South East team!!!
It was a big effort from all involved, and it will be worth all the hard work, and Steve will be happy as well!!!!

A special mention to all the youngsters, all I can say is "Good Job"
You guys and gals "Got it done" !!!!!

And of course thanks to FORCC for coming in numbers!!!!!

What do you say, same again next year???
Old 07-09-2009
Mad Member

Well done lads and lasses!!!

Looking forward to 2 years time when I can join the Veterans
Old 07-09-2009
Mad Member

Right then lads and lasses, have had an official update from our Section Chairman, Paul Worsley, on the scoring for the U13/U16/Veteran Regional Championships.

Edited qoute:

'Hi Steve,
Glad you enjoyed Kidderminster.

The scoring drivers of you winning Team at Kidderminster were :-

2WD U13 Robert Langdon 5; Oliver Crew 6
4WD U13 Robert Langdon 5; Oliver Crew 6

2WD U16 Tom Bate 2; Jay Holmes 3
4WD U16 William Johnson 2; Jay Holmes 4

2WD Vets David Church 2; Andy Johnson 9
4WD Vets David Church 1; Steve Brooke 8

Total :- 53 points. The next Region was Mid. East on 62 points.

All the best, Paul'.
Oh how I do like that bit 'winning Team!'

These were the critical points scorers but the whole weekend was much more than that, a truly great team effort by ALL involved whether competitors, families, friends and/or supporters.
Thanks for all the bouquets, they are always welcome but I was just a small part of the effort.

And apologies to all in the tent I was sharing or that may have come near it before the last round of 4WD qualifying, to be brief things were a little tense and I may have been just a little stressed, sorry Chris!
Old 07-09-2009
Mad Member

well done South East!

should have gone too Ballistics sooner Steve! just disappointed we didn't have more on track contact this meeting!

B4FT-NOSRAM EVO-KO2123-SPASHETT 10x2

http://s343.photobucket.com/albums/o...-rugby-new.gif
Old 07-09-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookie View Post
4WD Vets - Steve Brooke 8
That could have been the deciding points!!

how big is the trophy?! lol

Better get those juniors out next summer so we can defend it

Ansmann Racing UK

RIP - MicroTech Racing

Trader Feedback
Old 07-09-2009
Mad Member

Don't you go and try and flatter me! It won't work but I did realise that getting another Vet in the 4WD A Main to help support DC may be critical, it didn't really matter who. Andy Johnson's Veteran 2WD A Final on Saturday may have been just as important

What cost the Mid East dearly was that they only had ONE competitor in the U16 class, showing the benefits of us taking 50% of that age group

And even more surprisng was that one of their drivers that had made the Veteran A Final in 4WD didn't take up his position on the grid
He should be thankful that I'm not his Regional Rep

The size of the trophy wil be dependant on how big a one we can afford, looks like we might have to sponsor a trophy like DC had to in the Veterans!

Totally agree James, the more the merrier, the BRCA will never turn away Junior entries and I knw Alan M (FORCC) was already thinking about others that he could bring!
Old 07-09-2009
Mad Member

Further confirmation from Paul Worsley, Section Chairman, on our points scorers in the BRC Regional Championship, who between them, taking everything into consideration, meant we finished a very creditable fourth

'SE points scorers in the BRC were :-

2WD
Andy Langdon 14; Tristram Neal 17; Chris Brooke 23; Ian Southwell 29; James Ebden 30

4WD
Tristram Neal 8; Ian Southwell 9; David Poulter 13; Andy Langdon 21; James Ebden 35

Total 199 points gave SE FOURTH place.
Old 07-09-2009

Default Thank You!

Tom & I had a great experience at our first Nationals, assisted in many ways by Wayne and James, (adopted for the wkend, who both gave valuable help as well as spares!),
Mark and Stu B (helping Tom set up/and fix his Cat Sx),
Nathan (for setting up the Nosram Matrix, so I didn't keep braking Grant's B4!),
Brian, Mr Losi (for educating me on the set up of my Excelorin. I promise not to change your programme!!),
DC (for his encouragement)
and not to forget, Grant for lending Tom and I his much loved B4 (hope you were pleased with Tom's U16 point scoring 2nd place and my Veteran B final win!).
Thanks to you all and also to Steve, Alan and the rest of the South East Team for a most memorable and enjoyable wkend.
Old 07-09-2009
Banned

i echo what has allredy been said
great comraderie really good to be part off

trekkker