Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > South East

Old 19-10-2011
Mad Member

Default Halloween/Autumn Open - Sunday 30 October - Plough Raceway

A one-off Open meeting catering for ALL classes, 2WD, 4WD and SCT/Stadium Trucks, to be held at Plough Raceway off-road facility on Sunday 30 October 2011.

Track WILL NOT open until approx. 08:30 for practice so please DO NOT arrive too early! The track is on private land at the rear of The Plough Inn, Leigh who we do not want upset by excessive early noise, thank you!
The Plough Inn are expecting us and will once again be offering their excellent selection of breakfast rolls.....almost worth the journey itself!

NB - WE HOPE TO BE ABLE TO USE THE SAME TIMING EQUIPMENT AS WE HAVE DONE RECENTLY AT PLOUGH RACEWAY SO BOTH HANDOUTS AND PT'S SHOULD BE AVAILABLE TO BE USED - WILL ADVISE IF THESE CIRCUMSTANCES CHANGE!

See you all there, please note FREE entry for ALL Juniors, U13's and U16's. Senior entry fee will be £4.

Oh and don't forget your BRCA Membership details please, Membership application forms will be available for non-members to join on the day!

The Plough is a delightful, 16th-century country pub, which enjoys a quiet location set back from the main road, yet within easy reach of the main transport links. The quaint building is of a traditional, local style with very ornate, original window-panes. There is a well-maintained, private garden outside which is great for al fresco drinking and eating in the summer!!

NB - PLEASE, NO BARBECUE'S or OPEN FIRES, ALSO SMOKERS PLEASE BE CAREFUL WITH THOSE CIGARETTE ENDS, IF THERE IS A RISK OF FIRE HERE PLEASE DO NOT BE THE ONE TO START ONE!

Address: Leigh Road, Hildenborough, Nr. Tonbridge, Kent TN11 9AJ

Located directly on the B245, just a couple of miles northwest of the centre of Tonbridge

How to find the Plough pub: - If you are coming from Tonbridge, head for Hildenborough (B245). You will see Leigh & Penshurst signposted on the left hand side opposite the Flying Dutchman pub. Take this left turn (once on this road DO NOT take the first right signpost for Leigh), keep going straight ahead. Under railway bridge the road will narrow but keep going. The road can be a bit narrow and windy. There is a sharp bend to the right with another lane going straight signposted for the Powder Mills - follow the road to the right and shortly after this the Plough. The car park entrance is just before the pub.
If you're coming from north of Sevenoaks along A21, take exit off A21 for Sevenoaks and Hildenborough and head for Hildenborough (B245). You will eventually (about 2 or 3 miles down that road) see the Flying Dutchman on the left with a road off to the right signposted Leigh/Penshurst. NOTE: There is a road to the right before this one which is signposted for Leigh and Penshurst but please make sure you keep going until you see the Flying Dutchman.

So who's coming then?
Old 20-10-2011

I'll be there. Be good to give the track one last blast before the weather comes in.

Can't stop thinking of the bacon rolls from the pub in the morning!!!

See you all there
Old 20-10-2011

i`ll be there, just hope weather is going to be nice, get some more good racing in before bad weather comes
Old 21-10-2011

Thats great to hear, means I get to test a new car
Old 21-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiny tom View Post
Thats great to hear, means I get to test a new car
Lucky I popped over to yours to fix your speedo or you would have to have pushed your car around

Would love to see that. - Litterally jumping the table top with your car in hand. Actually if we get enough numbers we could run a heat of this......
Old 22-10-2011

Default Coming back

Due to a slight change in circumstaces...I'll be coming back to race these tiny cars after many years of playing with big(ger) Smelly cars

Will be running 4WD and SC

Is there a limit on the number of bacon rolls
Old 22-10-2011

Did someone mention Bacon rolls??????????????????????
Old 22-10-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JabberingJimbo View Post
Good to hear that Jimbo!
No limit on the number of bacon rolls, though think you'll find that one is normally enough!
Looks like we'll be running SCT and Stadium Trucks mixed, all depends on how many turn up!
Any more coming?
Old 23-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by JabberingJimbo View Post
No limit, I usually aim for atleast two
Old 24-10-2011

If the weather looks like it going to be good then i may make the long trip down for a bit of grass running before the winter really sets in

2010 BRC F2 2wd Champion
2011 South East 4wd Regional Champion
2012 South East 4wd Regional Champion
Old 25-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Poulter View Post
If the weather looks like it going to be good then i may make the long trip down for a bit of grass running before the winter really sets in
Fingures crossed it should be dry. The ground drains really quick, and going by how dry it has been recently, a bit of rain this week won't really effect it much

Should be good day. I've heard some Eastbourne TC drivers are thinking about comming up and having a go at offroad, so should be a decent turnout
Old 26-10-2011

I'll be down there with my SCT Blitz
Old 29-10-2011
Mad Member

All, a couple of points to note please!

When entering the field adjacent to the track (yes that's it, the one we all pit in!) could all drivers of full size cars please refrain from going too far down the field?
With recent rain and a rise in the level of the stream at the bottom of the field the ground down there is a little softer than it is at the top and we do not want any stuck vehicles please!
The pub have already had to have a delivery van towed out of an adjacent area this week!

Secondly, and we're sure you've remembered this (?), don't forget that the clocks GO BACK by one hour tonight! Sure somebody will forget, hope it's not me after this!

Hope to see you there!
Old 30-10-2011

Well, shame about the low turn out today but I had a great time with my slash 4x4 and mini erevo (so did the kids). Thanks for the warm welcome, just got to get my hand on a buggy now ;0) - oh, and sort out the oversteer on the slash. Hope to meet you guys again soon, dying to get some club meets around this area, hope we can get something sorted for next year.

Ben
Old 30-10-2011

Well, shame about the low turn out today but I had a great time with my slash 4x4 and mini erevo (so did the kids). Thanks for the warm welcome, just got to get my hand on a buggy now ;0) - oh, and sort out the understeer on the slash. Hope to meet you guys again soon, dying to get some club meets around this area, hope we can get something sorted for next year.

Ben
Old 30-10-2011

Sorry about double post - meant to just correct "sort oversteer to: sort understeer"

Ben
Old 31-10-2011
Mad Member

Yeah ditto to Ben's opening statement!
Was v.disappointed that after all the effort put into arranging and preparing for this meeting by Steve Andrews (and his family!), Simon Cook, Steve Davis and in some small part myself, many drivers who had expressed an interest or had been watching here on the forum decided not to turn up to such an extent that we could not run the meeting!

Yes we appreciate the weather was a little inclement early on but it wasn't damp for too long and the track dried quite quickly even with just a few cars circulating!

Ah well, such is life, guess we all missed out on this one! But thanks again to Steve Andrews for trying to squeeze one more meeting in at his venue.
Old 31-10-2011

Sorry to hear about that guys, id love to have been able to get up there and support Steve. He has such a huge enthusiasm for the sport and works very hard up to keep the track going. Ive really missed helping out at the track but Hopefully ill get up there again next year!
Old 01-11-2011

Steve was very welcoming, and very supportive, considering I've no track experience! The other guys there were just as friendly and now I've got the buggy bug, much to my wife's despair! Only one choice now - do I go for the second hand 22, or the MMP 3800 combo for the Slash - both for sale on here! - these things are sent to try us lol

Would love to get some regular buggy and/or SCT meets going in Kent, it doesn't rain that often ;0)