Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > The PlayGround > Healthy Stuff

Old 18-01-2011
Mini-Jimmy

Send a message via MSN to Mrs oOple
Thumbs up New off-topic forum.

I was speaking to Steven Bond this weekend and he very kindly agreed to answer some of my questions about his recent weight loss effort, which I'm sure everyone will agree has been very impressive. His interview will be published on the oOple race report from Petit-rc RCcultural race 2011. Bondy has also agreed to help out in this section of the forum, which will hopefully be a good support area for anyone wanting to make healthy lifestyle changes. Brian Shardlow has also agreed to be involved following his recent experiences with quitting smoking, a huge lifestyle change which undoubtedly requires a great deal of support an encouragement. I have a couple of other ideas up my sleeve, but any suggestions would be welcome.

If you don't smoke and are a healthy weight but would like to make a healthy change, check out the swapathon website: https://swapathon.co.uk/

Swapathon tells me I have to park further away from my destinations (I think it's calling me lazy )
I'm also going to start trying to donate blood again regularly, not sure whether that's a healthy choice or not, but hopefully should be in a round about way.

Anyway hope this is helpful

Old 18-01-2011

Default hi mrs oople

hi mrs oople,decided i av really got to lose some weight so i joined a gym. they av changed from wen i last did some working out(20 years ago)then it was all about putting muscle on,now its all slimming down(cardio)this means lots of cycles,rowing,steppers,treadmills etc.i get bored fast so i took my portable dvd,(yes i did get some funny looks at 1st)its great,can watch a film for 90mins or so,and get a workout at the same time.been doing the weightwatchers at same time and lost 6 kilos in 2 weeks.
Old 18-01-2011
SHRCCC Legend

Read the report and I must say well done that man!. Proof that with a bit of exersize and will power we can all loose a bit.

Congrats Bondy.

Must admit, that picture of the boy is quite funny
Old 18-01-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

After a blood test result in jan 2010 showed I had a cholesterol level of 7.8 I changed my diet and became more aware of what I was eating. Excercising was not an option as with 3 torn discs in my back it can get quite painfull. Within 4 months of eating healthily I lost 2 stone and got my cholesterol down to 3.3 . I feel much better and still have the odd binge out ant treat when i feel like so its not a hardship.
Funny thing is after keeping the satuarated fat foods down after a while you can really taste the fat when you have something higher and it doesnt taste so good any more.
Old 18-01-2011

Default Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neildudman View Post
Read the report and I must say well done that man!. Proof that with a bit of exersize and will power we can all loose a bit.

Congrats Bondy.

Must admit, that picture of the boy is quite funny
Cheers ! I will be putting together a weekly eat log ..

" a bit of exersize" well to begin with it was but after 4 months it turned into 100-150 miles a week on the cycle and 2-3 trips to the gym. Bit less milage during winter on the cycle but I make that up in the gym.

How vicky managed to turn my muble and jumble into that report just proves she should be working for one of the big newspapers !!! LOL thankyou that lady....

Must also mention some others I have spurred on Andy Wallis at PBM has shed around 3 stone yeah !!! And Andy Gregory has done the same as me diet and cycling has dropped 6 stone... Top marks that man--- were meeting up for a session round sherwood pines Saturday Morning...

Weight loss only requires one frame of mind
" DO OR DO NOT ! THERE IS NO TRY "
Old 18-01-2011
Spends too long on oOple ...

I'm doing something wrong

cycled 3,256 miles in 2 years and put a few pounds on

Big up for Mr Bond though, well done

CFR RCTV Channel
Glenn Atterton

BRCA 2005 1/10th Off-Road Veterans Champion
LMP12 National Champion 2003/2004 / F3 class
Old 18-01-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

We'll all need to call you BAD BOND soon the way it's going Well done fella.
I've been told i'm about 5 stone overweight with a BMI of 37.8.
So i went to the gym last wednesday only to be told at my induction that my blood pressure was too high 169/96 to train. I've been given a clean bill of health from my GP with my b.p @ 132/82 and a letter to say so. So back to the gym on thursday. I have lost 6 lb though in the last week just by eating properly and walking a couple of miles a night, even the dog's knackered
Old 19-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by stegger View Post
We'll all need to call you BAD BOND soon the way it's going Well done fella.
I've been told i'm about 5 stone overweight with a BMI of 37.8.
So i went to the gym last wednesday only to be told at my induction that my blood pressure was too high 169/96 to train. I've been given a clean bill of health from my GP with my b.p @ 132/82 and a letter to say so. So back to the gym on thursday. I have lost 6 lb though in the last week just by eating properly and walking a couple of miles a night, even the dog's knackered
Thats the way !!! keep going

Weight loss only requires one frame of mind
" DO OR DO NOT ! THERE IS NO TRY "
Old 22-01-2011
Mini-Jimmy

Send a message via MSN to Mrs oOple

Thanks to everyone who has replied so far And congratulations on the positive efforts too

I'll set up a couple of different threads to try and support various elements of health business, but if you think of anything else that would be useful feel free to add to the selection

And keep up the good work everyone.