Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > TRUCKS - SC - Truggy - Stadium - Crawler

Old 22-11-2013

Default How are the Durango DESC210 holding up?

I'm considering getting a 2wd short course truck for next season and have been looking around.
So far I'm looking at the Kyosho SC and the Team C TS2.
But then I saw that MB Models had a great price on the Team Durango DESC210R
Read some forum posts here and there on both the buggy its based on and the actuall truck. And some had some problems with the chassi breaking.
Is this a "real" problem or does this only happen on americanised BMX-tracks?

Oh and please feel free to give your opinion on and of the trucks mentioned above.
Old 22-11-2013
Mad Member

I can't comment on the DESC210, but I can comment on the Kyosho Ultima SC...

Nice bit of kit, it handles nicely and it's basicly a sized up RB5 in terms of engineering.

However, there are some notes I want to make on the car. First of all, if you go for an Ultima SC, get an SC-R (the kit version). The SC (RTR version) has rubbish shocks: they leak like crazy and the O-rings are both hard to reach and the ring that keeps them in place will probably become unusable if you try to get them out. The RTR has self tapping screws, and more than half of it is overtightened, causing the threads to strip on disassembly of the car. I even had the motor plate threads strip upon disassembly!

Lastly, one very important note on the SC/SC-R: The rims have a different offset to most SC trucks. As a result, the car will be wider than stated in most regulations unless you use Kyosho's SC rims!

3D Printing Upgrade Parts - FF210 Buggy
Old 22-11-2013

Thanks for the info!
I used to run a Kyosho Ultima R5, and was very happy with that car and the Kyosho brand. Thats why I looked at their SC in the first place. But the price put me off a bit.
Might look around for a used SC-R if I go the Kyosho route.
Old 23-11-2013

The Durango truck is pretty awesome mate, if you go for the kit version you get the option for Mid motor or rear motor and a ball diff as standard

If you go for the RTR (THAT'S WHAT I DID) you need to spend an extra tenner on the mid motor parts and you get a gear diff as standard, maybe a better option depending on how much maintenance you want to do on it

In my opinion these things are pretty bullet proof, I've raced mine at 4 different club nights (i race 1/16 micro and 1/10 buggy most of the time so trucking is my occasional for a laugh class) and haven't broken a thing on it. This was with some pretty hard racing and some hefty collisions to boot, big air jumps etc.

I have heard of one guy breaking the chassis, but for me it hasn't been a problem.

I can't reccomend the Durango enough, especially at the silly prices you can get them for, I got mine from PBM Racing, give Andy a call on 01773 769323, I'm sure he'll do you a great deal and they stock Kyosho and Team C too so if you go that way he'll be able to sort you out there, very knowledgeable too!

Team Associated B6.1

Kyosho RZ7

Kyosho ZX7

All kept going by PBM Racing