Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > TRUCKS - SC - Truggy - Stadium - Crawler

Old 10-04-2011

Well ,there seems to be no point arguing any further,but a last stab.

As a driver i don`t drive into cars that are reversing out unless i`m very unlucky,i use my eyes,fortunately they seem to work OK.

As a marshall,i`ll start to move towards a vehicle in trouble,if it reverses out and gets going again,i return to my marshal point.

SERIOUS NOTE.
Please keep us informed on this and any other decisions made as soon as you can.

thanks.

S.
Old 10-04-2011
Mad Member

Reverse is for Girls!
Old 11-04-2011
Mad Member

Another quick question - was hoping for my daughters to make their SCT debuts at the EPR round. Neither are BRCA members - would this be compulsory for them to race at this meeting as it's their first event?
Old 11-04-2011

Hi Hog

My understanding is that you can race at a BRCA affiliated club up to three times before you have to join.

Based on that they will be fine.

Cheers

Chris
Old 11-04-2011

The no reversing rule has very fundamental reasons, it stops a marshal picking up a truck/buggy just as it's about to set off and potentially do damage to fingers etc. With the high torque that 550 motors can deliver I can see the potential is even greater in this class for serious damage.

A question, if reverse is allowed does this mean that the club running the event will lose their BRCA insurance coverage and leave themselves open to private litigation if someone is injured.
Old 11-04-2011
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyro View Post
Ok guys we are going to go round in circles with this one...

From a seasoned race directors perspective you CANNOT run trucks with reverse and trucks without reverse in the same heat.
rubbish I and many used reverse at last years meeting. No problems. Sc is for fun don't make it anal and reliant on rules.

No the brca will not pull any insurance as a non brca sanctioned event you only need to comply to general rules. You do not need to use the eb list for lipo or motors either. and as there is no rule banning reverse its a pointless question

Taking reverse out will stop me entering....
Old 11-04-2011

Why do you need to use reverse ?? You have been in this sport long enough to know how to go forward, left and right ?? I dont understand what all the fuss is ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark christopher View Post
I used reverse at last years meeting. No problems. Sc is for fun don't make it anal and reliant on rules.

No the brca will not pull any insurance as a non brca sanctioned event you only need to comply to general rules. You do not need to use the eb list for lipo or motors either.

Taking reverse out will stop me entering....
Old 11-04-2011

So here's a SERIOUS question... and it is only a question at the moment

Are the drivers that want to use reverse beginner/novice drivers?
Old 11-04-2011

I can`t speak for others,but i`m not a beginner or novice,i have nearly 20 years of RC racing experiance under my belt and do more than my fair share to help out.
As Mark points out,there were no problems at last years shootout with racers using reverse,i also used reverse as did nearly everyone else.

Marshals are not confused by reverse,nor are they in any more danger because cars reverse.

I got enough of this type of nonsence last year though,when the Slash trucks were excluded because they were deemed uncompetative by the new elite short course racers.That decision was made on the day and even though i benefitted by winning the Slash class,i would of rather raced against everyone else.

This is turning into another farce,please don`t let that happen.

BR,
S.
Old 11-04-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Not sure why this has got under people's skin so much, let people run reverse if they want - it can't hurt
Old 11-04-2011

I don't use reverse personally, but I think everyone should run the same to be fair, but hey, that's just my opinion...

Old 11-04-2011
Mad Member

its only a becoming a farce because of people whinging about using reverse...

Organisers have already said no reverse... I agree and support decision... as will the majority.

since the speedos are all programmable to disable it, there isno problem with cost... so what is the issue?

The aim of racing is to go around a track in its set direction as fast as possible, faster than everyone else to win... not to crash or doing 3 point turns, practise more, then you won't crash.

Marshals are there to get cars going again if they crash, simples! I you crash you wait to be marshalled like everyone else will have to.

people threatening not to support a championship because they can't go backwards is pathetic...

I've raced for 20 years+ and its never been an issue i've seen before.

put your teddys back in the prams and get on with it like everyone else is prepared to do!

Since its a fun championship... anyone wishing to use reverse... has to drive backwards around the track.. seems fair to me!
Old 11-04-2011

double post
Old 11-04-2011

Default Reverse suggestion

Can I suggest the following:

Quote:
Anyone who wishes to have reverse enabled puts an R sticker on their truck to signify to marshalls that the truck has reverse. The marshall can safely monitor the R-truck to see if it can recover itself.

This prevents the marshall being stranded in the middle of the track as the truck reverses out of a potential problem.

Anyone who uses reverse must use discretion when reversing out of a situation into possible traffic and this discretion will be monitored during the race, with possible penalties if it is felt that discretion is not used.
Using reverse may be an advantage in that the driver can recover from a situation quicker than a marshall can recover the car.

Please feel free to comment as appropriate
Old 11-04-2011

Quite a few newbies at one of the clubs are drive at start with SC's and then progress to buggies. They get a shock when they race that class to find that reversing is penalised. Why not start them on the right track to start with and ban reverse. Anyway' reversing is for the wussies.
Old 11-04-2011
Mad Member

It could be seen as an advantage... but driving backwards is not progressive to lap times!

since i'm not planning on crashing it shouldn't effect anything...

got a big bumper on the front of truck if anything backing across track gets in the way!

can't be *rsed in arguing over racing basics, let them have reverse, will only end in tears, broken cars and lazy marshalling excuses.

as long as plenty of folks turn up and have a laugh... who cares!
Old 11-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarlowS View Post
Why do you need to use reverse ?? You have been in this sport long enough to know how to go forward, left and right ?? I dont understand what all the fuss is ??
yes your right, i have been in this sport long enought to know reverse is not banned in 10th off road or on road!
but this class allows contact and somone can tap you into the hose, i want to be able to recover my self instead of the marshall running for my car that has not had an accident, but been stopped by a legal fun move.....

i dont see what the fuss is about with those against it, if you dont want it, dont use it, if you do then it should be allowed
Old 11-04-2011

what i would like to ask why the organizers have decided to ban reverse?

just spoke to PW (10th ic chairman) and in 10th off road at BRCA and EFRA there is no ban on reverse!

also spoke to GD (Chief scruiteneer of 10th electric on road) and they have NO rule banning reverse!

so please explain why it needs banning in this class?
Old 11-04-2011
Mad Member

Quick change of subject as the reverse thing has drawn out long enough...

Would you be interested in having a crossover jump style feature to spice things up and emphasise the fun a bit?

Seen a few American tracks running them and they look fun, don't see an issue with safety as long as visibility from rostrum is good and marshals are out of the firing line... being able to jump over cars going around another track section would be fun?
Old 11-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarlowS View Post
It doesnt say in your rules, but are you allowing reverse to be used ?? Its banned in every other class which i think is a good idea.
how long have you been in this sport to know rules then?

your above claim is totally and fully incorrect........ its allowed in 10th off road in BRCA and EFRA and its allowed in BRCA 10th touring!