Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Trade Room > Wanted

Old 06-11-2020

Default Advice - 1/8th Off-Road Electric Buggy

Hi All,

Used to race 1/10th off road electric both nationally and in the mid-west region from about 11 years ago to 5 years ago but had to give it up for personal reasons (Still have the kit but more interested in starting again with a 1/8th off-road buggy instead)

Was wondering if anyone could pass some advice on what buggy's people are using? what's best? and so on....

Cheers,

Ben
Old 06-11-2020

With a Xray XB8e you can’t go wrong, almost indestrucible.
Old 08-11-2020

Hi Ben

As with all these types of questions most people will just recommend what they run.... I’d be no different plugging the Serpent SRX8, awesome car in all its guises! https://www.serpentuk.com/?s=Srx8&po...ct&dgwt_wcas=1

However the best answer to this question is to simply visit the track or tracks you would be interested in racing at and have a look to see what is being used there. Tbh these days nearly all the cars are very good but support for each brand can vary across the country and from track to track!

With so few model shops around these days you’ll almost certainly be ordering parts etc online so look for something we enjoy at Serpent which is excellent service and often next day delivery on anything we need....

James
Old 15-11-2020

Default 1/8th

Hi there I’m also mid west based and race both 1/10th and 1/8th. The advice is right speak to the local clubs and see what people run plus what shops or manufacturers are present. Most cars are good, some are a bit cheaper and need money spent and some are higher quality out the box. Let me know if you’d like to come along and have a look, fingers crossed lockdown ends as planned there are. Few races in December I’m looking to go to with the 1/8th. You could always tag along in a covid friendly way of course.