Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Durango

Old 14-06-2011
Banned

Anyway..... IS THERE A NEW DURANO DUE OUT.....?

and do you know when the new body will be available?
Old 14-06-2011

Default thats fine but..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Skelding View Post
Hi,
Just to put a few things straight, Phil and Budfish were originally restricted, due to their use of foul and abusive language on a previous thread which has been deleted.

As a company, we do not condone that sort of behaviour as this thread is used by people of all ages and some of their comments were not the type of thing you would like minors to hear let alone read.
So after reading numerous complaints sent via e-mail and through the oOple forum we asked the oOple admin to restrict his posting on the forum. It's not the type of thing we like doing , everyone has the right to free speech, but there is a line as to the content that really should be posted on here. Most people are aware of this,it's common sense, some aren't.

Captainlip does not work at Team Durango. That I can say with 100% certainty
...in this thread he isnt slagging/swearing/winding up etc. He is airing a rumour in a fairly polite way.

Has Phil been restricted in this case because he has come across some commercial info that Durango don't want aired yet? Is that ok?

Would the same info coming from someone else been treated in the same way? Is it Phils fault that he has been in receipt of the info?

I'm not trying to be too cynical, but look at the size of that Durango banner advert up there.
Old 14-06-2011

Send a message via AIM to Adam Skelding Send a message via MSN to Adam Skelding Send a message via Yahoo to Adam Skelding Send a message via Skype™ to Adam Skelding

The Language was in another thread, which has since been deleted.

He was restricted before this thread was posted, so the reason is nothing to do with airing any commercial info which Phil is/isn't in reciept of.

and as banners go it's about the same size as couple of model shops on here and also X factory's..

Powered by OptiPower

Do, or do not, there is no try!
Old 14-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jnunu1 View Post
...in this thread he isnt slagging/swearing/winding up etc. He is airing a rumour in a fairly polite way.

Has Phil been restricted in this case because he has come across some commercial info that Durango don't want aired yet? Is that ok?

Would the same info coming from someone else been treated in the same way? Is it Phils fault that he has been in receipt of the info?

I'm not trying to be too cynical, but look at the size of that Durango banner advert up there.
If you read Adam Skelding's post, it says he has been restricted because of previous inappropriate posts within the Durango section - not because of posting this information.

Quote:
Hi,
Just to put a few things straight, Phil and Budfish were originally restricted, due to their use of foul and abusive language on a previous thread which has been deleted.

Last edited by Nige; 14-06-2011 at 12:58 PM. Reason: sp
Old 14-06-2011

Was too slow - Adam replied at the same time as me
Old 14-06-2011

Bring the lip back, I loved reading his rants....His posts being erased is nothing more Durango flexing their money.....tisk tisk.
Old 14-06-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Hi,

As a company, we do not condone that sort of behaviour as this thread is used by people of all ages and some of their comments were not the type of thing you would like minors to hear let alone read.
So after reading numerous complaints sent via e-mail and through the oOple forum we asked the oOple admin to restrict his posting on the forum. It's not the type of thing we like doing , everyone has the right to free speech, but there is a line as to the content that really should be posted on here. Most people are aware of this,it's common sense, some aren't.

About time! The guys a complete Tool!

Yokomo - Nemoracing
Sb Designs
http://www.fairfueluk.com/
Old 14-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by moth898 View Post
Bring the lip back, I loved reading his rants....His posts being erased is nothing more Durango flexing their money.....tisk tisk.
You've got to remember, although this is a hobby for us, its a business for Durango. Someone coming on here saying some of the things he said could lose them business.

Durango are a professional company who try to do right by their customers, as confirmed by numerous people on here.

Even though most of what captainlip says is in gest, people who don't know him may take his comments seriously. Forums are great but its often hard to tell if someone is been serious or joking.

Also as Adam pointed out, minors use this forum so swearing is most definately inappropriate. This is not a case of Durango flexing their money, more a case of been responsible.
Old 14-06-2011
Mad Member

so is there or isn't there a V3?
Old 14-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfroP View Post
so is there or isn't there a V3?
+1
Old 14-06-2011

ive heard that the durango is bringing out the same car as the 410r but cheaper money then you buy what you want for it as upgrades like the alloy bits on the 410

when you buy the 410 you chuck the alloy side pods for the plastic 1s and durango are selling them for £100

just what i been told so im not sure what the crack is if there is anything
Old 14-06-2011

Default fair do's

Quote:

He was restricted before this thread was posted, so the reason is nothing to do with airing any commercial info which Phil is/isn't in reciept of.
Fair nuff - the thread history looks like the restriction hit mid flow as it were - my mistake.

Can I have a free v3 for being nice (this may trick 'rango into saying "no you can't therefore confirming there is one!)

Last edited by Jnunu1; 14-06-2011 at 03:58 PM. Reason: bad spelling
Old 14-06-2011

Quote:
Hi,

Hi from germany,

I am very disappointed by team durango.Two weeks ago I bought a second DEX 410 Spec 2010 for my 7yr old son, my 9yr old is racing his 410 for about 1 year already on a very high level. I know it is an expensive hobby and I have no problem in sponsoring my children but at this point I can see offers of about 200 euro off the price I paid for the kit - that is too much.
Leaking diffs - wrong manual - missing parts - not fitting main gear cover - bad bearings etc .... I can deal with these problems and fix the parts with tresrey alternatives but if I ask the german durango distributor if there will be a 2011 edition soon - and he is not informed - I bought the wrong car. Now I know that this special offer will start in germany on 1.7.2011.... the same product for xx% off ....

Old 14-06-2011
Banned

To be fair i'm not 100% happy,
I have just bought a set of big bores, They were £100,
at the same time i got about £50 worth of spares.

I could have got a full car for little more money!

I saw the first thread also and i didn't see any abusive language?
I can appreciate Durango being a professional company, and yes i can see how it may effect there business.
But have they ever though there maybe a reason why these comments are being made?

If you but the 410 kit its RRP of 400+ then:
New set of bearings...
New set off diff seals...
New diff oil (The kit oil serves no purpose...maybe include an oil that people use?)
New Dremel, (to grind down the gear holder pin) its easy to say "Yea Yea just Dremel it to a point"..... Not so easy if you don't have one.
New Drive Shafts (Wrong ones came in kit)

So you can sort of see why?
Don't get me wrong i love my car but i think somethings need looking at in the kit.
are the above going to be looked at in the new kit?
Old 14-06-2011
Mad Member

I don't get why people are getting so wound up about, Durango haven't said anything about a new car coming out. Maybe there is one coming, maybe there isn't, I wouldn't be surprised if there is to be honest there was a 2009 and 2010.

Remember the original post in this thread was created by someone who loves to stir and isn't exactly known for singing Durangos praises.
Old 14-06-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coleman758 View Post
To be fair i'm not 100% happy,
I have just bought a set of big bores, They were £100,
at the same time i got about £50 worth of spares.

I could have got a full car for little more money!

I saw the first thread also and i didn't see any abusive language?
I can appreciate Durango being a professional company, and yes i can see how it may effect there business.
But have they ever though there maybe a reason why these comments are being made?

If you but the 410 kit its RRP of 400+ then:
New set of bearings...
New set off diff seals...
New diff oil (The kit oil serves no purpose...maybe include an oil that people use?)
New Dremel, (to grind down the gear holder pin) its easy to say "Yea Yea just Dremel it to a point"..... Not so easy if you don't have one.
New Drive Shafts (Wrong ones came in kit)

So you can sort of see why?
Don't get me wrong i love my car but i think somethings need looking at in the kit.
are the above going to be looked at in the new kit?

wait didn't I just buy a Durango from you?

is it too late to change my mind and go for a B44?

only kidding
Old 14-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungleaio View Post
I don't get why people are getting so wound up about, Durango haven't said anything about a new car coming out. Maybe there is one coming, maybe there isn't, I wouldn't be surprised if there is to be honest there was a 2009 and 2010.
I agree. While I don't like that I just bought my car, I would rather have Durango constantly developing new parts and making improvements than have them sell the same kit for the next 5 years. I'd be willing to bet that if there is a new car, the parts will be interchangeable with the old car so it won't be obsolete.
Old 14-06-2011

I relish the fact that Durango are constantly keeping ahead of the curve. We'd all be complaining if they didn't change anything for a few years. So, I welcome the news that there may be a '2011' version coming out. I'd buy the necessary bits immediately - just to make sure that my poor driving ability, which is definitely going South at 62, can't be blamed on the tools

At the end of the day, these guys have to make a decent living from us mortals, otherwise - end of Rango. So stop the carping about paying extra money - dig deep and enjoy.
Old 14-06-2011

Reading this with interest..

With the changes between the 2009 & 10 cars have been centrered around the 2mil centreshafts & driveshafts, which could be upgraded if someone wanted to or replaced when worn, there was a few other tweaks yes but nothing drastic.

I think for the failures I'm an absolute animal with mine! But hardly any breakages and zero failures as I maintain the car regulary.

If there is a new version on the horizon and the thing comes with big bores, they're commercially available and hey quite a few folk have sets already!! As for the other things it will all come apparent in good time!!
Old 14-06-2011
Awesome Admin

Send a message via AIM to Col

How has captaindick been restricted? It still appears to be posting the same amount of crap as always