Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Durango

Old 03-01-2014

Does anyone know when these kits are going to Land? History states that patience is a necessary quality while waiting for a Durango release, but surly in 2014 it cant be that hard to put an accurate date on it!
Old 07-01-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Are many people going to buy this kit I wonder?
It does not look like there's much in it for current Durango 410 owners, and given all the other nice kits around, personally if I was to buy another car right now - it would be from a different manufacturer.

Custom Painted Bodyshells by me ! www.shillyshells.co.uk

http://www.shillyshells.co.uk
Old 10-01-2014

I'm ugrading my v3 to v4. Got most of the stuff in, still on the fence with the c-hubs and dual slipper, but I got all the plastics including the diff parts, hd hinge pins, center universals and o-rings came in today, body doesn't seem to be available yet. I think that was all that was changed. Don't have the new shock shafts yet, but already have the new pistons installed. The UJ's should make the car nicer to run.
Old 10-01-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcjunky View Post
I'm ugrading my v3 to v4. Got most of the stuff in, still on the fence with the c-hubs and dual slipper, but I got all the plastics including the diff parts, hd hinge pins, center universals and o-rings came in today, body doesn't seem to be available yet. I think that was all that was changed. Don't have the new shock shafts yet, but already have the new pistons installed. The UJ's should make the car nicer to run.
The type B pistons are just pre drilled in 2 or 3 holes. Honestly, using the single or dual taper white machined pistons are better and smoother. I just wished they made taper machine blanks instead of just the 4,5,and 6 holes. But you can just as easily redrill, and seal them up

Going from 17 to 19 degrees hubs is going to reduce low speed over steer and make the car easier to handle on bumps. Moving to 21 would be better on bumpy fast flowing tracks. For small technical indoors, you might need as much low speed steering as possible so the stock 17 would be fine.
As for the dual slipper, it just allows you to put the power down smoother on low bite and bumpy tracks.
The thing is there is also UJoints for the front and rear side transmissions. Its not a standard part in the v4 either. It would help free up the drivetrain on high bite conditions, and also allowing better movement on bumpy tracks. However, it the standard CVDs have more drive train bind which yields more grip on low bite conditions.
Old 15-01-2014

Im really new to RC racing, and will be getting one of these. I am just wondering however what any of you experienced 410 guys would recommend for steering servo?
Old 16-01-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidzilla View Post
Im really new to RC racing, and will be getting one of these. I am just wondering however what any of you experienced 410 guys would recommend for steering servo?
Depends on budget really.
You want a digital, full size, metal gear servo.
2 most populat are the Savox1258tg and the Ace DS1313, but there is others.
These are decent: http://www.modelsport.co.uk/alturn-u...roducts/359790
And a bit cheaper.
How much can you/want to spend?
Old 16-01-2014

Thanks Charles for the input, I have purchased the suggested Savox, I figured it is worth going for quality items on parts like the Servo.

... now its just a waiting game for the V4 to arrive
Old 20-01-2014

yup, 1258 is awesome, after the servo saver backed out I just locked it up and took 1 solid hit to a front wheel while turning and no issues here
Old 20-01-2014

Yes the 1258 is good but be careful at the previous post. I did strip a set of gears in mine when I WAS not running the servo saver. I decided to try the arm from the DESC and it only last about 12-13 runs. The servo saver does more than you think, even when locked down.
Old 20-01-2014
Mad Member

I'm just upgrading the half shafts (to the UJs), and I've put a set of type B wishbones in the order just to try out, already got d-joints. Double slipper is on the list for when I get back to the track....... which might be a while!
Old 21-01-2014

Whats that i see in stock.

The Team Durango DEX410v4 is here in the UK...

Old 21-01-2014

We've already got them here in Canada I've got most of the new parts, but I guess I waiting too long to order the dual slipper, not showing an eta of late April, won't have it for Motorama Has anyone compared the normal diff parts to the new plastic parts? My 410 ran a lot cooler then expected with the new UJ's and plastic diff parts, I was very impressed.
Old 23-01-2014

Yey, it's here. Delivered today. Thanks MB MODELS!!