Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Bury Metro

Old 24-02-2013

Default EGM DATE

All,

After further consideration I have decided to call the EGM for next Saturday 2nd March 2013 @ 2pm..
Weekends will equal more attendees, Sunday 10th is Mother's Day and in any case, its an emergency meeting so needs to be done soon!

I believe that to keep our focus on what needs to be discussed and agreed, we should hold the meeting at the Track. (Should the weather not be on our side I will have a back up plan of a nearby hostilely!) but all standing and cold will help us make decisions much quicker!! Hopefully an hour.

I will post an agenda of what needs to be sorted later in the week.

As Stu as already posted, I hope to see plenty of club support on Wednesday at Rogers funerals and for a drink afterwards.

For now...
Darren

Bury Metro Member http://www.bmrcc.co.uk/

Team Associated B6.1
Absima Team Driver
Still have my old Team Associated C4.1, Team C Evo and Yokomo Bmax4 just in case my lads take up the sport someday.
Old 24-02-2013

Send a message via MSN to birdy

I will come along, think inside would be warmer tho!!!, still thawing out from today.

www.bmrcc.co.uk
Old 24-02-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdy View Post
I will come along, think inside would be warmer tho!!!, still thawing out from today.
Agreed, pub sounds a good meeting place
Old 25-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwales1 View Post
All,

After further consideration I have decided to call the EGM for next Saturday 2nd March 2013 @ 2pm..
Weekends will equal more attendees, Sunday 10th is Mother's Day and in any case, its an emergency meeting so needs to be done soon!

I believe that to keep our focus on what needs to be discussed and agreed, we should hold the meeting at the Track. (Should the weather not be on our side I will have a back up plan of a nearby hostilely!) but all standing and cold will help us make decisions much quicker!! Hopefully an hour.

I will post an agenda of what needs to be sorted later in the week.

As Stu as already posted, I hope to see plenty of club support on Wednesday at Rogers funerals and for a drink afterwards.

For now...
Darren
i would have liked to come along but am working till 2pm saturday but will come over onced finished work
Old 01-03-2013

Default Agenda

Items for EGM/Club general responsibilities (apologies for last minute)

1. 2x members to be identified and approved to hold the position of club secretary and assistant secretary.
Basic accounting will need to be completed.
(Bank accounts need 2 names and will need to attend bank with Alan Read to transfer names etc)

2. Those able to do race controller to be specifically identified and trained. (Location of all equipment needed to be communicated between all race controllers (phone numbers to be shared.)

3. Keys need copying and distributing for the following;
Race Control x 3
Goshem house (toilets) x 3. (Stuart cycle club has a set!)
Storage cabin and site gate x 3

4. Race calendar, to include a date to be identified for charity event in Roger's honour, to be agreed.

5. Email addresses to be reviewed and possibly set up new one, if needed. All members skill sets, I.e. builder, engineer, electrician, etc to be recorded to help link the best people for key roles, jobs etc.

6. Discussion around best practice for Communications to be made both on oople and via email by agreed time. Example, BEFORE each race meeting identify who is the race controller and track builders. Any alterations to track or meeting MUST go through these persons. The roles will of course change and everyone who wishes to have a go at track building will be given their chance..

7. Confirm 2013 Regional Series.

21st April - Barrow
19th May - Stoke
2nd June - LDA
16th June - Southport
14th July - Bury
25th August - South Lakes

8. Contact to be made to BRCA to inform of new secretary details.

9. Essential works at Goshem track to be agreed, prioritised and allocated/contracted to individuals to obtain costings and establish how many persons and how much time needed and to oversee completion.
I.e dismantle racking, paint features, filling the hole on tabletop, etc.

10. Update on works on Goshem house funding bid, car park, electricity and long term bid for permanent structure for race control and rostrum.

11. For discussion. Future Ideas and plans for improvements to be put in writing either email or oople pm to club chairman for formal consideration with other committee members, subject to finance position.

Any other business

Hope to see many there at 2pm tomorrow

Darren
Chairman BMRCC

Team Associated B6.1
Absima Team Driver
Still have my old Team Associated C4.1, Team C Evo and Yokomo Bmax4 just in case my lads take up the sport someday.
Old 01-03-2013
Mad Member

LDA regional is off as it is no more
Old 11-03-2013

Default Outcome of EGM

Apologies for the delay in posting the outcome of the recen EGM, but here they are;

Attendees Darren Wales, Mark Broadbent, Eddie Holt, Chris Elworthy, Alan Read, Neil Burgess, David Lockley, John Nolan, Scott Broadbent, Paul Stringer, Gavin Collinswood, Simon Devanzo

1. 2x members to be identified and approved to hold the position of club secretary and treasurer.
Basic accounting will need to be completed.
(Bank accounts need 2 names and will need to attend bank with Alan Read to transfer names etc)
Neil Burdess was voted in as Secretary. For the time being Darren Wales along with Neil will manage the treasury responsibilities as no one came forward..

2. Those able to do race controller to be specifically identified and trained. (Location of all equipment needed to be communicated between all race controllers (phone numbers to be shared.)
Simon Devanzo, Steve Howler, Matt Coleman, Neil Burgess can all manage race control. It was agreed we need two to allow for all to race at each meeting. All Meetings would be run on auto. Chris Elworthy also expressed a desire to learn how to operate the computer to provide much needed resilience

3. Keys need copying and distributing for the following;
Race Control x 3 Mark Broadbent to sort
Goshem house (toilets) x 3. (Stuart cycle club has a set!) Darren to sort
Storage cabin and site gate x 3 Mark Broadbent to sort

4. Race calendar, to include a date to be identified for charity event in Roger's honour, to be agreed. Neil Burgess to arrange, it was agreed that a fortnightly meeting, including a summer Championship. The now vacant 2nd June 2013 date will be canvassed as a possible for memorial meeting, Darren to look at this.

5. Email addresses to be reviewed and possibly set up new one, if needed. All members skill sets, I.e. builder, engineer, electrician, etc to be recorded to help link the best people for key roles, jobs etc. Neil to collate

6. Discussion around best practice for Communications to be made both on oople and via email by agreed time. Example, BEFORE each race meeting identify who is the race controller and track builders. Any alterations to track or meeting MUST go through these persons. The roles will of course change and everyone who wishes to have a go at track building will be given their chance..
This was approved and worked very well at the last indoor meeting.
Gavin Collinwood along with Steve Howler will be the clubs Oople and Website reps respectively.

7. Confirm 2013 Regional Series.

21st April - Barrow
19th May - Stoke
2nd June - LDA Now vacant, Roger memorial meeting TBC
16th June - Southport
14th July - Bury
25th August - South Lakes
All other dates confirmed.

8. Contact to be made to BRCA to inform of new secretary details. Neil to make contact and update

9. Essential works at Goshem track to be agreed, prioritised and allocated/contracted to individuals to obtain costings and establish how many persons and how much time needed and to oversee completion.
I.e dismantle racking, paint features, filling the hole on tabletop, etc.
It was agreed that Jobs will be allocated as above, with track markings being tasked to John Nolan, Mark Broadbent tasked with filling hole in top table top jump. Other jobs to be allocated subject to item 11. below

10. Update on works on Goshem house funding bid, car park, electricity and long term bid for permanent structure for race control and rostrum.
Darren informed that the funding bid is complete and still pending, delay waiting for opening date for applications which was 1 March. Still confident work will commence this spring. Car park hardcore issue raised again with council and this was highlighted as being urgent to avoid repeat of the muddy mess earlier in the year

11. For discussion. Future Ideas and plans for improvements to be put in writing either email or oople pm to club chairman for formal consideration with other committee members, subject to finance position.
Agreed
Any other business
The idea of placing a plaque on the bench at the top of the track had been discussed with Stuart at the cycle club and he has approved this. Darren to commission and sort

Hope to see many there at 2pm tomorrow

Darren
Chairman BMRCC

Team Associated B6.1
Absima Team Driver