Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Schumacher

Old 23-04-2009

"If " they have sent it Special delivery Royal mail they should be able to give you tracking number.If then it gets lost (very unlikely) the refund goes to the poster and not the recipient. The shop should send you another or refund immediately.
sounds dodgy to me
Old 23-04-2009

Congrats man, let me know how the build goes. Make sure to take some pics!
Old 23-04-2009

Thanks! I will, about halfway in the build now. It is a very nice kit. Will take some pictures tomorrow and further during the process for you
Old 23-04-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by toooldskool View Post
"If " they have sent it Special delivery Royal mail they should be able to give you tracking number.If then it gets lost (very unlikely) the refund goes to the poster and not the recipient. The shop should send you another or refund immediately.
sounds dodgy to me
Keep in mind, I'm in the US, they probably pass it on to US Postal or whatnot, which would break their tracking. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for the time being... and if they give me a quick refund like they promised, I will be satisfied.
Old 23-04-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice-nine View Post
Keep in mind, I'm in the US, they probably pass it on to US Postal or whatnot, which would break their tracking. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for the time being... and if they give me a quick refund like they promised, I will be satisfied.
My car was sent by Parcelforce, a english company. In Norway they had a deal with the company gls logistics, who on their hand again had a deal with the norwegian post system. So my car went through three couriers, not sure if that is the right word, bu you get my point? There is a lot of things that can go wrong with such an amount of couriers involved.. And the tracking number was changed on my car when it went from Gls, to the norwegian post system. Bit confusing.. No wonder things sometimes go wrong.
Will post some pictures tomorrow
Old 27-04-2009

Starting to lose my patience... still no refund. Storm RC says that I should have it today or tomorrow. I will keep everyone posted on this new shop. Their prices on the CAT are extremely low, so they should be generating a lot of interest, we'll see how they do business.
Old 27-04-2009

Refunds sometimes take a few days.. How are you getting your money back? Directly to your bank account, paypal, or anything else?

I can see that Schumacher themselves have cat sx in stock now. They have fairly good prices there. £304 for the sx lipo if you are outside of the UK. And they ship with ups, both fast an reliable. I would have ordered directly from Schumacher next time if i were you.

My Cat starts to get pretty expensive now, as the first thing i did was to blow a novak esc. Forgot to attach the sensorcable, the first time I was going to test the car. Just got a new one and mounted it this evening. Everything seems ok. Will post some pictures for you later
Old 27-04-2009

It was a paypal transaction, they supposedly waiting on the funds to clear from their bank. Although, I would say that they got my payment instantly with a transfer from my bank account through paypal...

Sorry to hear about your ESC man, remember that sensor wire!

For me, I'll be buying a S1, and hopefully (if Storm RC ever pays me), another for parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugaard View Post
Refunds sometimes take a few days.. How are you getting your money back? Directly to your bank account, paypal, or anything else?

I can see that Schumacher themselves have cat sx in stock now. They have fairly good prices there. £304 for the sx lipo if you are outside of the UK. And they ship with ups, both fast an reliable. I would have ordered directly from Schumacher next time if i were you.

My Cat starts to get pretty expensive now, as the first thing i did was to blow a novak esc. Forgot to attach the sensorcable, the first time I was going to test the car. Just got a new one and mounted it this evening. Everything seems ok. Will post some pictures for you later
Old 27-04-2009

Must admit in my case I paid a little over the odds to a reputable model shop in the UK, who also gave a good discount.

If you purchased via paypal and used a credit card for the funding you can 'Chargeback' the transaction.

Talk to the bank that provided the funds...

Hope it work out for you, it is a great car!

Quote:
It was a paypal transaction, they supposedly waiting on the funds to clear from their bank. Although, I would say that they got my payment instantly with a transfer from my bank account through paypal...

Sorry to hear about your ESC man, remember that sensor wire!

For me, I'll be buying a S1, and hopefully (if Storm RC ever pays me), another for parts.
Old 27-04-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramdrive View Post
Must admit in my case I paid a little over the odds to a reputable model shop in the UK, who also gave a good discount.

If you purchased via paypal and used a credit card for the funding you can 'Chargeback' the transaction.

Talk to the bank that provided the funds...

Hope it work out for you, it is a great car!
Oooh, I didn't know that. Ok, will get on the bank tommorrow for that.

Thanks a lot!

Last edited by ice-nine; 27-04-2009 at 10:59 PM. Reason: content
Old 28-04-2009

I'm buying my S1 from Schumacher USA, btw. I got my SP 2.0 6.5, LPF 2.0 ESC, and other parts from them in two days, regular US mail.
Old 28-04-2009

Going to hold my fire about this for the time being, as Storm seems to be attempting to make this situation right.

Last edited by ice-nine; 29-04-2009 at 06:37 PM. Reason: content
Old 05-05-2009

Money refunded by my bank, took less than a week to resolve. Cheers on the tip, onto getting my first car in twenty years set up now!
Old 05-05-2009

Great News

I look forward to seeing a picture of your new S1 on the pictures thread!

Quote:
Money refunded by my bank, took less than a week to resolve. Cheers on the tip, onto getting my first car in twenty years set up now!
Old 09-05-2009

Yeah, there's pictures. Unfortunately, as quick as I got the car, I'm selling it, on for sale thread at rctech. Hope the new owner gets to race it more than it appears I will. Not enough 1/10 offroad in my area, and basically everything is on buggy busting eighth scale tracks-- 20 years ago, that wasn't so. If you can't beat 'em, go eighth electric and try to spank them with silence, or a little whining, I should say. Quite a deal, take a peek, I would consider shipping to Europe for cost.

Last edited by ice-nine; 09-05-2009 at 07:31 AM. Reason: add
Old 09-05-2009

Pm'd
Old 09-05-2009

Pm'd back.
Old 20-05-2009

CAT relisted on rctech. Splitting items up, will ship to the UK at shipper's cost. Pretty darned cheap for a car that was never run.
Old 22-05-2009

Send a message via MSN to restimax

hi,

anyone know a good shop for schumacher spares, with low prices?
thanks
Old 22-05-2009
Mad Member

Try DMS Racing usually has plenty of stock.
Schumacher KC, KD, CAT XLS, CAT L1 | Team C TM2 V2, TM4, TC02 | JQ The Car | Mugen MBX6 | Losi 8T,8BE 1.5 | Durango DEX-410V4 | FTX Blaze | XRAY M18T | Kyosho STR,Surf Dude,Nexus 30 | Nimrif Makara | MFA Spear | She Devil | T-Rex 450SEV2,250SE | Ark X-400 | Protech Butterfly,Zoom 400 | Ikarus Piccolo | VW T4 | Smart 450 | KC-250 | BoltRC Kraken 5" | Emax Nighthawk 250 | Gravity 250 | S550 | Prusa i3 | TronXY X5A | Must stop collecting stuff!