Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/8th ELECTRIC Off Road

Old 14-10-2013

Default HPI Apache SC Flux electrics.

I had a go with my mates Apache SC today and really really like it, although on the standard electrics, even on 4s, you think it should have a bit more to give.
I'm quite tempted to get one in the near future, but wanted some electrics advice, what would people recommend for it?
Ideally nice and reliable and not overly pricey, if possible.
Old 15-10-2013

I have been running a Hpi Apache C1 buggy recently and absolutely love it.
The stock electrics seem to be adequate for 4 cell use,although i have dropped the HPi 2200kv Flux Tork motor and Blur ESC into it from a HPi SC Super 5 or Vorza(6 cell capable),
i have just ordered a 19T pinion for 4 cell use at our track to give a bit more top speed but am intending to make it "truggy" D8T width and run it on 5 cells with 15T or 16T.
Great buggy,very impressed
Old 16-10-2013

I've got a buggy already, and to be honest I'm not all that keen on the look of the C1, just my personal taste but I prefer the look of the SCT.
I know the servo will need upgrading because the standard one isn't very good... But wondered if something along these lines would do the job, on a 4s LiPo? Also not sure on gearing, would like a nice happy medium between acceleration and top end.
What do people think to this combo?
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html
Old 17-10-2013

I mentioned the C1 as it is similar weight,drivetrain to the SC.
If you are after cheap electrics for yours,i would recommend a 2200 Xerun motor and ESC and run it on 5 cells.
When i bought my VE8 second hand it was fitted with a well used Xerun 2250kv motor and 80amp Exrun 4 cell system,i have really given it some stick and it performed superbly,but as funds permitted i upgraded recently to the Hpi Alphastar 2350kv and Q base ESC (out of my C1)which is a bit quicker and seems to be an ideal match in the VE8.
The SC and C1 weigh a bit more than a VE8,Vorza or Trophy flux,so in my mind it needs a bit more oOmph than stock to make it awesome
If you were feeling flush or got lucky on Ebay or on one of the sales sections around the forums,you could maybe find the HPi 2200kv Torx motor and Blur speedo at near the xerun systems price,the quality of the HPi gear is much nicer IMHO if you can push to the price.

Good luck anyway.
Old 18-10-2013

Had a go with a Trophy Flux today too, I can see what you mean, the difference in torque and speed is a much bigger gap than I imagined it would be... Unless of course their is something wrong with the LiPos or the electrics in the Apache SC, it seems very very underpowered all round.
Old 19-10-2013

I think it is more a combination of a few things,
first off i think the stock electrics are undergeared,maybe to help with run times and maybe inexperianced users get used to some speed.

If you compare against the Trophy flux,remember the Trophy is lighter and is probably using spike tyres,my mate runs one and it hooks up well out of the corners and is certainly fast enough?
i did notice my C1 lights up the Geolanders almost instantly and then tops out really quick,the 19T pinion has arrived,so i`ll be out with a selection of tyres and the temp gun this Sunday at The Nook,i might use it for a round of qualifying

It might be very different with a bigger pinion and some grippy boots.
Old 19-10-2013

Yeah true, it's not mine to be messing about with like, so not sure on the gearing front, pretty sure it's all stock set-up though.
Old 26-10-2013

I know it`s a C1 again and aerodynamics would come into play big time if you tried to make an SCT go like this,but worth a view,(turn sounds down if not into AC/DC)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzYvR0RtyXk

Nothing slow about that one