Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Norfolk Buggy Club

Old 10-02-2010

Default Brushless ESC advice please!

Hello,

Can you please advise me on which Brushless ESC i should purchase for my B4-i've got a speed passion 10.5T motor & lipo!

DiscoStu

B4
Manta Ray
Old 10-02-2010
Mad Member

Depends on how much your budget is really, as the more you spend the better feel it will have. Be careful if you go second hand and make sure you get the instruction manual and set it up as standard to start with as they can be easily personalised to the users requirements.

You could look at something like the NR90710 Matrix Evolution SpecRacing BL which is ideally suited to stock wind motors such as the 10.5 you mention although I am not sure what they are like with more powerful motors. Or the Nosram Matrix series which you may find on offer as it's been replaced with the Pearl range, both of these will happily cater for your 10.5 and also allow you to get faster motors as your ability progresses.

The GM and Speed Passion speed controllers are also supposed to be really good to.

The LRP speed controllers are the same as Nosram, just blue. Novak's seem to have a mixed reputation amongst users, and seem to be a bit larger to.

Might be worth popping into somewhere like kellers and see what they have in the shop and get a feel for whats what. Like I say really does depend on your budget and whether you'd prefer new or 2nd hand

Norfolk Buggy Club- Norfolk's 1/10th and 1/8th Premier Off Road Model Car Club in association with BRCA East of England 1/10 Off Road Regional Racing

JemmettFox- Accountants and Business Advisors

Click any of the above to head to the website!
Old 10-02-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

sorry mate...I have no idea, so I agree with the above

www.norfolkbuggyclub.moonfruit.com

kyosho optima,Bosscat,Boomerang,,RB5 Vega,RB7,,RC12 5.2, TLR22-4,MP9,HB807T
Flask of tea & a rollup
Anglia model centre & CT Models
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28117
Old 10-02-2010

I run the team orion vortex 60a esc which is (was?) also available as a 100amp version . Its suited me fine with a sensored losi 8.5 motor with only one small glitch this weekend which was nothing but a loose motor wire connector.
I'm not sure if you can still get it though as I can't now find it anywhere, is on team orions website part ori65004 I think.

Speedpassion GT(the budget one with a card?) are supposed to be ok for the money too and I know Kellers used to have these in at about £90-100, this was about a year ago though.

Good luck..post a link to what you find.
Old 14-02-2010

Thanks for the advice guys,looking forward to racing again on the 28th whatever setup i've got.

Stu

DiscoStu

B4
Manta Ray