Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > Scotland

Old 10-07-2010

Default Round 4

Hi all do we know if we are playing indoor or outdoor in the nice summer sun NOT
Old 10-07-2010

looks better than the last Falkirk weather (marginally)

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/...t_weather.html

rain while your sleeping and then at 1pm,summer sun for the finals.
Old 10-07-2010

Unfortunately because of the bad weather I haven't been able to get the grass cut so think we're best having an indoor meeting.

Doors open at 8am
Practice starts roughly 9:30am
Round 1 starts roughly 10:30am
Old 11-07-2010

Default Round 4

Hi all

first thing well done John for a good day track very good nice and flowing and a well run meeting, and it was good to see new faces,,things looking good for next season and by the sound around the pits some good things to come too, so lets try to keep things running the way they are,
Old 11-07-2010

Yeah great days racing today, even though I was driving like a pig.
Looking forward to round 5, hopefully we'll get outside again.

I feel I must say a quick word about Scotty, that Tamiya 201 went really well and some great driving from Scotty on his first off road race, TQ aswell I bet he's well chuffed, well done mate.

the durango needs a bit of attention now before next weekend, and a quick word about the Dex410R, I think Ross was fairly pleased with the car on it's first outing, it did look really good, every bit as good as the 410 at half the price.

Good day guys, see you at the next round.

Raymond
Old 11-07-2010

Thanks for the responses guys.

Glad it's going so well and I'm particularly happy that almost everyone is being so flexible and accommodating to our first OR championship for a few years. It's really surprisingly difficult to keep everyone happy and I'm pleased we're keeping everything on track, and with some fantastic events and very close racing.

I'm hoping that people see that Off-Road is as good as any other form of RC motorsport, and they give it a go. I don't want them to stop doing what they doing - just go get an OR car and have some fun!!!

For all you number nuts and competition animals!, today's results are posted. Go to the Main Forum post, for the link to the main SORC index.

Thanks again everyone. Well done again to John and the Falkirk club for another great event and roll on August 22nd for Round 5.

(And congrats to Spain on winning the World Cup!)
Old 12-07-2010

Good days racing, good that we have been able to accomadate everyone that wants to run both classes at every round so far, even better that more people are interested in racing two cars, can only be good for the series.

I've added some pics from the rounds I've been to so far

http://www.ddrcc.co.uk/Off_road.htm

Going to try the no fuzzy effect next time, we all know how fast these cars are.

Looking forward to grass at the next round, fingers x'd just now in plenty of time for good weather.
Old 18-07-2010

Many thanx for the kind words Raymond. The TRF201 is an awesome car. I had never ran a buggy in 22 years and to take TQ and the win was better than i ever expected to do. I ran at falkirk again today and won the 2wd A- final by 3 laps. Loving the car and looking forward to the rest of the scottish championship.
Cheers boys
Special mention to John Allan on organisation and tracks, awesome buddy.
Scotty........