Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > Scotland

Old 16-08-2010

Default EOS Finals - Coventry

Anyone fancy the EOS F2, Veteran or Junior meeting at Coventry, entry details are available here

I'm going down, probably Friday night, race Saturday and Sunday. Also going to the F1 World Final in Coventry Saturday night to make a weekend of it.

If anyone interested I've room in the car.

Deadline is tight, 18th August, unless John can work his usual magic.
Old 16-08-2010

Folks.

Check with John and make sure he's confirmed your "National" F license status with Paul Worsley.

Last time I spoke with Paul, he had everyone from Scotland categorised as F5 for 2010, as they hadn't competed in enough previous seasons National Championships to maintain their previous F license grades. Apparently, F licenses demote each year of non-competition.

Our new license grades from the 2010 Regionals, don't become effective till the start of the 2011 season, i.e. Jan 1st.

Besides, our new license grades are "Regional" gradings, and "National" gradings take priority. Therefore, if we aren't competing in the BRCA Nationals, then come the EOS finals, we'll be F5 and not eligible for the F2 EOS, regardless of our positions and gradings Regionally.

Hope that's clear.
Old 16-08-2010

Don't worry about you F licence if your a junior or veteran, it's open to all, but like Dom says check with John for spaces, he's the region rep.

And if you can't make the Silvertone meeting, but fancy Coventry, then see John as well, according to the BRCA entry form it's ideally F2's but you never know

It's another chance to play
Old 16-08-2010

Sorry Derek - you're quite right. Adding 2+2, & I came up with 5!

Veterans and Juniors at Coventry, as well as F2's.
It'll be a cracking event - watching the F2's is excellent.

Remember the Juniors are free, so any elder statesmen who want to go can take kids along.. It'll be a good day, I reckon.

I'd go but I've now been pressed by the missus to go to a "Food & Flower" Festival" on the same weekend - lord help me!
Old 16-08-2010

Just a point, your regional licence grade is carried forward to national level i.e. if this year you finish high enough in the Scottish Regional Championship to gain a F2 licence then you'll be an F2 for next years regionals & nationals.

The only licence grade you cannot ascertain through regional competition is a F1 licence, this can only be gained at national level.

Ross Irwin & myself (john Allan) are F3's for this year as we were F1.9's (national F2) & we have been demoted year on year from F1.9 to F2 & now to F3. Everyone else within the current Scottish region is a F5 this year. That will change next year once the final positions have been finalized in the Scottish regional championship 2010.

Hope this clarifies some things

John Allan
Old 17-08-2010

That clears a few things up, thanks John.

It wasn't clear to me how the National gradings overide the Regional ones and to what extent. I read the bit in Section 21 of the rules, but without a working example, my poor little brain couldn't work out how it works!

I'll be interested when everything finishes up for 2010, to see how the "Adjusted Base Figure" is calculated and then applied to our results. (Yes, I am that sad! - it is, honestly, interesting!)
Old 12-09-2010

I've uploaded pictures from the meeting at Coventry at www.ddrcc.co.uk, just click on the 1/10th off road link from the main page.

Good luck to everyone going to Silverstone for the F3,4,5's, try and upload some pictures from the meeting if you can.
Old 12-09-2010

Well done Derek.

Bad luck in the 2WD final. What happened?
Great result in the 4WD.

I'll take the Nikon with me as I'll have lots of time and SD card space for LOTS of pictures - just need to let someone take some pictures of my cars...
Old 13-09-2010

2WD Final wasn't as bad as the results looked, I was at the full size F1 Stock Car meeting at that time (well probably stuck in the traffic jam getting to the stadium)

The 4WD was very close to making the A Final, chose not to run 3 leg as it rained, and then popped a ball joint in 4th leg when I was on for a 6th or 7th in the A Final time. Still made the B Final and used the nod to win, lap times woldn't be fast but that's not what finals are about.