Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > News

Old 12-01-2015
Mad Member

Money and entry sent

Schumacher F1..The original KF.
TLR 5.0 AC .. FORSALE
Old 15-01-2015
oOple Contributor

Exclamation Important info, please read.......

Just posted the following on Facebook, please read below:
Very important information for anyone competing at the BWOC event on the 7th/8th February 2015. As you know there was no control tyre for this event, however due to huge concern by many competitiors this has been looked into. The BRCA ruling was actually slightly changed a few years ago and there must be a control tyre for this event also, just like at the National Series. However, the same as the National Series there has to be 2 nominated tyres allowed. As you will read in ...the link below, the control tyres for this event will be the Schumacher Mini Spike and also the Ballistic Buggy Mini Spike for the rear (driven) wheels. The main thoughts behind this, just so you are all fully aware, is so that it limits the amount of possible different tyres options, that could have been used at the event. We had a huge concern that without any control tyres in place, someone could just turn up with a tyre that just works and no one else may have had it to use, our thoughts in choosing these control tyres is that the majority of people will already have them in their pit box, from racing somewhere outdoors during the summer or indoors. If not and you need to buy tyres for the event, the shop on the day will have tyres available for people to purchase. We did consider using the Schumacher Mini Pin as a control tyre, however as this event is ran to full BRCA rules, many of you will find that with these tyres on your car, it would be too wide and fail scrutineering, so to make life easier for everyone we chose not to use this tyre for the event. For people who aren't already aware, the Schumacher yellow Mini Spike used to be ran at the venue and was about similiar pace as a Mini Pin, so it will work well and give you grip. Prior to the event, the different tyre combinations I shall personally test and the results will be made public for you all to see about 2 weeks before this event, so that way you all have a good way of knowing what best tyre combination and compound to start with at the BWOC. Finally, anyone thinking they can attend the next Worksop Masters event just to test tyres ready for the BWOC, please don't think you will be able to do this, any cars without the correct tyres on for that event will be checked prior to going onto the race track and won't be allowed on, we are doing this to make it totally fair and a level playing field for everyone. Please pass this info on to anyone you think might not see it. Still about 20 spaces left in both classes, please book in if you haven't already done so. Hope many of you agree with what we have implemented, we have done this for your benefit and to help make it a great event. Please read the link here for more information: http://www.brca.org/…/brca-110th-road-2015-british-wi…/26694
Old 16-01-2015
oOple Advertiser

Isn't this all a little bit "too late" for people who have already purchased tyres ahead of the event based on the entry form they have submitted that states there was no control tyre at the event?

It does not affect me persoanlly since I cannot attend the event sadly, but it DOES affect lots of locals to our area who are travelling up who have spent time and money researching and purchasing what tyres are known to work or are preffered at the venue who have never been there before.....

I assume it wont be the club nor the BRCA refunding these people for the purchases made in good faith....

Very poor organsition on this one chaps sadly
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636
Old 16-01-2015
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren Boyle View Post
Isn't this all a little bit "too late" for people who have already purchased tyres ahead of the event based on the entry form they have submitted that states there was no control tyre at the event?

It does not affect me persoanlly since I cannot attend the event sadly, but it DOES affect lots of locals to our area who are travelling up who have spent time and money researching and purchasing what tyres are known to work or are preffered at the venue who have never been there before.....

I assume it wont be the club nor the BRCA refunding these people for the purchases made in good faith....

Very poor organsition on this one chaps sadly
It's not like you can't use a set of Yellow mini pins elsewhere is it?
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 16-01-2015
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by neallewis View Post
It's not like you can't use a set of Yellow mini pins elsewhere is it?
Not everyone has purchased yellow minipins..... the tyre choice was open remember.

For many, of course yes it will be easy to ue up any extra yellow minipins if this is what they have purchased but for some of those that have though it is still an issue for them when their local clubs only run outdoors or even indoors on astro and dont use them normally especially the front 2wd minipins that have been flavour of the month there recently, when at most other places racers would use a stagger rib of some sort.....

The key issue is though, whether control tyres are right or not for the event, this sort of thing should have been decided upon and cleared up prior to entries being taken and not after it was announced as a non control event and reading some people comments in other places tonight you would think it is an event ran by and for the benefit of just one manufacturer when in fact it is a BRCA sanctioned independant event.
Old 16-01-2015
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

Quote:
Not everyone has purchased yellow minipins..... the tyre choice was open remember.

For many, of course yes it will be easy to ue up any extra yellow minipins if this is what they have purchased but for some of those that have though it is still an issue for them when their local clubs only run outdoors or even indoors on astro and dont use them normally especially the front 2wd minipins that have been flavour of the month there recently, when at most other places racers would use a stagger rib of some sort.....

The key issue is though, whether control tyres are right or not for the event, this sort of thing should have been decided upon and cleared up prior to entries being taken and not after it was announced as a non control event and reading some people comments in other places tonight you would think it is an event ran by and for the benefit of just one manufacturer when in fact it is a BRCA sanctioned independant event.
Darren tour first post says they bought tyres after research of what worked at the venue, then you say some did not buy mini pins? I would suggest their source of research needs looking at.....

Last edited by mark christopher; 16-01-2015 at 11:47 AM.
Old 16-01-2015
oOple Advertiser

As to research, asking one of the regular top three finishers at most events there what works best at the venue is normally pretty sound advice to be fair. Not sure front 2wd minipins are widely used elsewhere and also what use at any other venue are minipins that people have been advised to wear down to almost nothing in order to work......

At the end of the day it is not me, nor you, that has the issue though, it is the racers who have followed the entry form, spent their money and purchased accordingly in advance to be as best preparred for the event as they can be and they who have spent their budget on tires they "now" cannot use.

As I already said, it is not if a control tire is right or not for the event that is the issue, it is the belated timing of amending the entry criteria that is causing a few racers some concern....

Easy solution would surely have been to add some more carpet or even some astro, increasing the grip levels and preventing the need to run worn tires at all, then tire sales would have been higher (for those concerned about the main control tire manufacturer not making enough money from the event - which to me is absurd), everyone would have grip and the problem would not exist.

As for cars not fitting in the box with minipins on, we ran them at regionals down this way for three years on the trot and every car eventually found a way to make their cars within the legal width...

Hey ho.... it is what it is, but it could have been handled better than it has been in my opinion
Old 16-01-2015

Darren if they have worn Mini pins take em to the event and sell em to those doing the serries. It they have front mini pins, they can still use them, front tyres are open?

Last edited by mark christopher; 16-01-2015 at 02:50 PM.
Old 16-01-2015
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark christopher View Post
Darren if they have worn Mini pins take em to the event and sell em to those doing the serries. It they have front mini pins, they can still use them, front tyres are open?
Front minipins with rear spikes, good luck to anyone running that combination.......
Old 16-01-2015

Quote:
Front minipins with rear spikes, good luck to anyone running that combination.......
A lot prob Said that about cut staggers on the front of 4wd a few years ago

Last edited by mark christopher; 16-01-2015 at 06:58 PM.
Old 16-01-2015

I can speak as one affected. I don't race a massive amount, mainly at my local club and BWOC is my first National 10th event.

My son and I have entered and I bought a couple of sets of front minipins early this week to use for BWOC based on my research that I will now not use anywhere I race. Its only £15 and I can still make the mortgage payments but it is a little bit annoying.
Old 16-01-2015
RHR RACING

Send a message via MSN to James

Are they still in packet? Your local hobby store may exchange them if that's where you bought them from, or if you come to worksop someone may buy them for a future meeting, there may be an announcement to help people in this similar situation later on also but personally I can't confirm anything.
We have had several more entries today after the tyre announcement!
Old 16-01-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
Are they still in packet? Your local hobby store may exchange them if that's where you bought them from, or if you come to worksop someone may buy them for a future meeting, there may be an announcement to help people in this similar situation later on also but personally I can't confirm anything.
Hi James

Unfortunately not, I took them out to fit in my tyre bag. Fortunately they are not glued up so I will pop a "For Sale" sign on my pit table at Worksop ;-)

I don't have an issue with control tyres, just a bit unlucky with my timing!
Old 16-01-2015
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
To clarify, any that we have sold (and there have been a few types and sets), that are unused and still in packets we will exchange or credit accordingly.

Sadly we cannot do much about the ones taken out of packets and sanded/dremelled/worn down in preparation though...
Old 16-01-2015

I too am affected. Based on earlier advice on the thread I bought a load of yellow mini pins for me and my son which are glued up already. Don't fancy getting more wheels and tyres but as entry fee and hotel already paid do not really have a choice.

Last edited by jrenton; 16-01-2015 at 09:41 PM.