Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/18th & Micro stuff > TamTech-Gear

Old 21-08-2008

Default Grasshopper tires?

Hello, first post. I just won a mini-fox off ebay. After searching, this seems to be the only place the tamtech buggies are discussed. I don't plan to race it but always search out the internet for info when I get a new model of RC. My new tamtech looks to have bald rear tires, so I'll need some new ones, probably many sets. Will the grasshopper rear tires fit/stretch the tamtech wheels?
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXLDX7&P=ML
Also, what about other tires, mini-t maybe?

From reading on here I think I will eventually be swapping the front suspension to GB02. It already has aluminum shocks and the red endbell sport tuned motor.
Old 21-08-2008

Hi and welcome!

can't help with your question, but you should also give it a try in the forums at www.tamiyaclub.com.
Old 21-08-2008
Mad Member

Hi Jamus, welcome

It looks like the tyres in your link is for the 10th scale Grasshopper which will not fit the Tamtechs. You can buy 10th scale wheel adapters which will open your choices quite a bit but the big Grasshopper tyres are still too big.

There are quite few people that own and run them in the UK and there is also a dedicated Tamtech section here: http://www.uk-microrc.co.uk/forum/in...?showforum=273
Old 21-08-2008
Administrator

any more links guys?

There are a couple of options form Tamiya - but I'm sure there must be other micro scale tyres that fit these things? The rough rider (buggy champ) tyres are a lot better than the ones that came with your fox - they last a lot longer and have better traction on most surfaces - especially the soft compound versions
Old 21-08-2008
Mad Member

Sorry, didn't mean to cause an issue Jimmy just want to help the fella out.

Yes, Jimmy is spot on, the Buggy Champ tyres in either standard or soft compound are indeed awesome.
Old 22-08-2008

Thanks for the replies guys. It seems like these cool little buggies just didn't catch on here in the US. I had thought I'd seen the wildboar tires being around 3", but I rechecked and they're only 2.6", while those hopper tires are 3.1". 1/2" is a lot of difference for the smaller scale cars I'm learning. Tower says the rear gb01 tires have a 1.5" inner bead while it says the rear wheels are 1.7". Is there much stretching of the stock tires to get them on or is tower mistaken on measurements? I've seen the 12mm hub adapters. It would be great if you could fit mini-t rims to the tamtech, would really open up the tire selection. Eventually I'd like a set of tires for the sand, one for street, and another for general offroad bashing. Thanks again guys.