Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/18th & Micro stuff > TamTech-Gear

Old 24-07-2009

Default tekin mini rage

hi,

anyone got any experience of these units? motors & esc? Been crawling the web and getting mixed opinions on reviews!

Ta

Old 24-07-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I had one of these in a Blaze and it cogged dreadfully at low speed, however, I understand that the later ones had new software that may have made this better.

It may have been fine in a lighter 2wd, but in a Blaze the extra weight didn't help it. It should be noted that the Tekin the Micro national boys favour is the RS/RS Pro.
Old 24-07-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

i ran one in my LRP shark for a bit. I had the mid spec one, can;t remember the kv rating, 6000 i think.
The car was very rapid, and on the whole fairly smooth to drive. But once or twice in each 5 minute race it would give a slight hesitation, mainly from a slow start after a crash etc. Due to the technical nature of my club track and the big jumps it has I decided to switch to a mongoose because it had far more predicatable acceleration from slow speeds which is vital to clearing the big jumps properly/consistantly.

The tekin is a good unit, very fast and generally smooth, it just depends on the circumstances you will use it in. If it is for bashing or low level club racing then it will ideal (i picked up mine second hand for £40!). However if you play to run at a higher level or do the national series then i would swing towards a mongoose 10.5

Ansmann Racing UK

RIP - MicroTech Racing

Trader Feedback
Old 24-07-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

one thing to note on the tekin, the default setup was not for linear throttle, which gave the impression the car was really sluggish. Once this was changed through the settings the car was far more responsive. Top end in the Shark was faster than my current mongoose 10.5, but the acceleration wasn't as predicable.

Ansmann Racing UK

RIP - MicroTech Racing

Trader Feedback
Old 24-07-2009

I've been running a tekin mini rage in my M18T for about a year now and haven't experienced much cogging. My motor is the 8000kv which is very fast, ocasionally I'll maybe notice slight cogged when pulling away at low speed, but this doesn't seem to effect the car. I racing indoors on slippy wooden floor so tend to turn down my throttle and run the speedo on a mild profile, but even at max power outdoors the tekin combo is great.

Raymond