Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/18th & Micro stuff > TamTech-Gear

Old 09-05-2011

Default Differential joint replace

Hello Guys!

One of my plastic differential joint was broken at my GB-01. Is there any other compatible part instead of the original 40106?
I ask it because this item isnt stock at my Country, so i have to order from abroad, which is more then 10 days... Or can u recomend me a wordwide shop where i can order with faster shipping?

One more thing, anybody tried Tamiya's alu differentieal joint (40509)? Is it worth it?

Thanks
Old 21-05-2011

Send a message via ICQ to Scouser

Just spotted this thread mate, sorry for the late reply! There are two hardened steel diffs for the TamTechs. The first is made by Atlas (#OP8-223) and has been perfect since fitting it in mine. I got mine from ebay but I haven't seen them for ages. Dinball are still showing Atlas parts listed so might be worth starting there.
The second is made by 3Racing and is actually specified as a GT01 diff but I am pretty certain they use the same parts so it should be a direct fit in the GB01. This again is available direct from 3Racing or you should get this from places like Dinball or other big online stores (all abroad though). I doubt you will find anything other than the aluminum hop up in the UK. The ali diff is pretty good too though, just wont last as long as the steel versions.

http://www.miwahobby.co.jp/eindex.html Team Atlas
http://os.3racing.hk/products.php?products_key=2377 3Racing
Old 08-06-2011

Sorry late reply here too!

I bought my aluminium outdrive cups from Time Tunnel Models - not cheap at £20(!) but I got them within 2 days and they are holding up to 7800kv brushless so far!