Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Schumacher

Old 02-04-2013

Send a message via MSN to Mossy

I ran my stotfold setup at the top of this thread at southport on Sunday. Mine was pretty good.

Si
Old 02-04-2013

Send a message via MSN to Mossy

I ran my stotfold setup at the top of this thread at southport on Sunday. Mine was pretty good.

Si
Old 02-04-2013

Send a message via MSN to steel

Thanks si

1 more question were did you put the weight you added

Mark
Old 15-04-2013

Default Grass set up

Hi. Has anybody got a setup for grass
Old 15-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Satchell View Post
Hi. Has anybody got a setup for grass
Leon, try the simon moss oswestry national setup on Petit rc
Old 02-05-2013

Hi,

I'm after a setup for oswestry.

cheers
Old 18-06-2013

Default Spare ball studs

Are there any spare ballstuds in the sv2 kit? I just got mine and while assembling, realised that one of the ballstuds in step10 package is unthreaded.
Old 18-06-2013
Supah doOpah

Send a message via MSN to PaulRotheram

Afraid not, contact schumacher with a picture of the ball stud and they will get you a few sent out; their customer service is spot on!
Old 18-06-2013

Would you believe it? Moving on through the build, I come to the turnbuckle for the chassis top plate and realised that the ball end/cup won't bite n screw in. So I put my nail on the thread and turn the turnbuckle and my nail stayed at the same place! The threads are just circles around the shaft. It doesn't corkscrew!

This is becoming such a disappointing buy. I have always looked at Schumacher as a premium brand and when I could actually afford one and finally purchased a kit, I find these QC issues. *sigh* Not something I would expect of Schumacher. Other brands, yes... Definately not Schumacher.
Old 19-06-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicy74 View Post
Would you believe it? Moving on through the build, I come to the turnbuckle for the chassis top plate and realised that the ball end/cup won't bite n screw in. So I put my nail on the thread and turn the turnbuckle and my nail stayed at the same place! The threads are just circles around the shaft. It doesn't corkscrew!

This is becoming such a disappointing buy. I have always looked at Schumacher as a premium brand and when I could actually afford one and finally purchased a kit, I find these QC issues. *sigh* Not something I would expect of Schumacher. Other brands, yes... Definately not Schumacher.
Contact them with your issue, they have excellent customer service and are always happy to sort any problems quickly.
Old 19-06-2013

I have some questions as to the sv2.how come you buy a car and in the standard set up and with out any speed secret parts it is junk on Astro compared to the Durango dex210 as out of the box.

I have tried all the different set ups brought the tuning parts and the trish weights and it still is not a patch on the Durango.

The only way I can get it to work is to run is with the epoxy chassis with out any of the body supports or the front pin in place, in this flexible set up the car works.

but out of the box it does not work for me or several other drivers that I know have had SV cars
Old 19-06-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARB View Post
I have some questions as to the sv2.how come you buy a car and in the standard set up and with out any speed secret parts it is junk on Astro compared to the Durango dex210 as out of the box.

I have tried all the different set ups brought the tuning parts and the trish weights and it still is not a patch on the Durango.

The only way I can get it to work is to run is with the epoxy chassis with out any of the body supports or the front pin in place, in this flexible set up the car works.

but out of the box it does not work for me or several other drivers that I know have had SV cars
Sorry to hear the SV2 isn't handling right for you.
When I first got my SV2, I was running the kit setup (admittedly on a carpet track not astroturf) and was way ahead of the 210s in our winter championship, only trailing Andy Pearson's very quick RB6.

For setups, there are a lot of setup sheets here, many of which for astroturf:
http://www.petitrc.com/setup/schumac...CougarSV2.html

In order to get the setup perfect you may need a few option parts, but this is common with all brands. You should, however, be able to get very close with the contents from your kit.

Which track do you race at?
Old 19-06-2013

hi thank you for the reply,
I started with the 210 and in low to high grip conditions on Astro it works, as it is out of the box, I guess the 210 is very consistent in most conditions where the SV is prone to grip changes.

the best way I can describe the SV is that it does not flow through the turns where the 210 does, it also tends to flip over when landing a jump where the 210 does not.

I have tested the two cars back to back same motor speedo set ups on the same day, the fact that there are so many set ups does point to the car being very critical on circuit conditions. and for a ace then this ok, but for the average club guy I think it is hard work and surly do Schumacher not want a product that works for a new driver that is paying for his kit, where I feel most of the guys thar are successful with the car are sponsored.

what Schumacher should do is give the car to a driver with some experience but not an ace and get it to handle like a 210 for instance.

I am really pro Schumacher as it is a uk company and wanted to fly the flag for the uk instead of a overseas country which in modelling not often an option

I drive at worm
Old 19-06-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARB View Post
hi thank you for the reply,
I started with the 210 and in low to high grip conditions on Astro it works, as it is out of the box, I guess the 210 is very consistent in most conditions where the SV is prone to grip changes.

the best way I can describe the SV is that it does not flow through the turns where the 210 does, it also tends to flip over when landing a jump where the 210 does not.

I have tested the two cars back to back same motor speedo set ups on the same day, the fact that there are so many set ups does point to the car being very critical on circuit conditions. and for a ace then this ok, but for the average club guy I think it is hard work and surly do Schumacher not want a product that works for a new driver that is paying for his kit, where I feel most of the guys thar are successful with the car are sponsored.

what Schumacher should do is give the car to a driver with some experience but not an ace and get it to handle like a 210 for instance.

I am really pro Schumacher as it is a uk company and wanted to fly the flag for the uk instead of a overseas country which in modelling not often an option

I drive at worm
I would disagree with your guesses and suggest you have some fundamental problem with your SV2 in the setup stage.

In the last 2 years I have ran a B4, X6 squared, a B4.1, a C4.1 and an SV2.

All of these cars drive differently and they all need surprisingly different setups on the same track.

Out of the box with no modifications I found the SV2 to be streets ahead of other cars. On astro it's awesome as std compared to the B4.1 and C4.1.

I only purchased the S1 chassis to run at my local club which is like running on ice at times.

As for Durango 210's our club and region has many good drivers and a couple of them have Durangos. They don't go any better than the SV2's or other cars for that matter.

Post your setup so we can have a look.
Old 20-06-2013

hi
thanks for the reply, perhaps I could invite you to worm for a test session.
as per set up I have gone back to the manual set up exactly and am trying this now.
Old 20-06-2013
Mad Member

I'm afraid a 6 hour drive to WORM is a little far for me. Let us know how the car goes.
Old 20-06-2013
Mad Member

I also think its down to the car and the driver. some people like certain cars and can get them to work, where others just cant.
I have a 210 and am giving serious thought to getting rid in favour of something else. the SV2 being one of the options thats high on my list
reason being that its designed to run in the UK on the UK tracks, they have superb customer service and I have great trackside support from a good bunch of team drivers who race at my local club.
Old 21-06-2013

hi
well I have had some good success yesterday, I have put the car back to standard as per the build manual.

no tuning parts, weights, different shocks or any thing, so after testing the car was ok but still not flowing through the turns, so I decided to modify the top carbon deck and the the battery plate.

I have opened up the four 5.5 mm holes to 6 mm and cut the battery plate and spacer in half length ways along the axis of the chassis.

now the chassis has a small amount of flex and what a difference it has made, I had another driver try the car some one of lots of experience and drivers a RB6 his report was almost perfect for him.

Settings of note ride height 24 mm front and rear, shock oils 450 core front and rear 25 degree hubs 4 degree toe in, front chamber -1 rear chamber -2.5
everything else as per the manual.

trying the car today again as the track is now dry, yesterday it was damp to wet.
Old 22-06-2013

driving the sv2 today in dry conditions has now proved the set up works in wet and dry conditions, an added improvement is to use the emulsion shock tops so that the piston is pushed out.

this helps with the bottoming on landing and allows a lower ride height, with the speed passion 6.5 turn motor the performance is very good.

A fellow driver with a sv2 in standard set up drove my car and was impressed so a back to back test was done swapping cars several times to compare the difference and mine was always quicker in either hands.

the mods to the othervcar was done and on better tyres my friends car was even better than mine.

I anyone wants any more info get in touch
Old 22-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicy74 View Post

Mine is exactly the same!