Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > WRCA

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-02-2014

Default 2014 WRCA 1/10th Regional Championship

Hi All,

I wanted to give you all an update on what is happening, and what the plan is for 2014.

We have done our best to talk to as many clubs and drivers as possible over the past two months. It is obvious that there is overwhelming support to run the regional this year. So you will all be pleased to hear that we are currently looking at the racing calender and talking with the host clubs to secure dates for the regional series. As soon as we have got the confirmations back from the clubs, we will announce the series, with the first date likely to be early in May. So thanks for being patient and watch this space.

Its no secret that the WRCA numbers have fallen a lot over the years. So i wanted to remind everyone that the Regional championships are much more than an opportunity to secure an F grading, they offer a great level of competition for all racers of this class. From complete beginners all the way up to the drivers wanting to qualify for the nationals.

With this in mind, i would like to ask everyone to help in promoting the series this year. Over the next few weeks, I would like your help to encourage every member of every WRCA club to consider entering this championship, i know there are loads of you out there! With a little bit of enthusiasm, and a lot of word and mouth, we have a great opportunity to have a thrilling championship this year.

To help increase participation, we are trying to trial a few new incentives this year which will hopefully take the sting out of the Sunday morning drives and the welsh summer weather.

We currently plan to have very generous discount for running every event (season ticket), discounts for multiple classes and discounts for Juniors. We will give a discount if you pre pay, but still welcome anyone who wants to pay on the day, although this would be at full price. I will publish the exact price closer to the time, but i am working on the theory that we charge you less, more of you will turn up to more events.

We also plan to have end of season awards for under 16's and under 11's. Clubs that run other off-road classes such as 1/8th will be able to run these as a support race. But unfortunately this will not be possible at every venue. I realize that Nitro is not to everyone's tastes, so we will do our best to make sure we don't have non-nitro drivers marshaling nitro races.

So in Summary, thanks for your continued support, and if anybody wants any more info, please feel free to ask below, or send me a personal message on here. I only ask that we keep everything constructive (or PM me your thoughts if they are not!)

Have a good weekend I am now off to charge some batteries for a full weekends racing!

Tom
WRCA Secretary