Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 19-05-2014
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher
Default K1 KF v2 rear mounts

http://us2.campaign-archive2.com/?u=...8&e=2852154bae
Old 19-05-2014
Mad Member

New rear hubs last week at £28.99 a pair. New transmission mounts this week at £29.99 and £9.99 for the carbon part that let's you reverse the mounts. It just seems to be one thing after another at the moment with Schumacher, not to mention the low grip conversion for the KF not so long ago. I do like the Schumacher stuff and have ran a few of their cars in the past but if I still raced them, I'd see this as a bit of a piss take.
Old 19-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0m3sy View Post
New rear hubs last week at £28.99 a pair. New transmission mounts this week at £29.99 and £9.99 for the carbon part that let's you reverse the mounts. It just seems to be one thing after another at the moment with Schumacher, not to mention the low grip conversion for the KF not so long ago. I do like the Schumacher stuff and have ran a few of their cars in the past but if I still raced them, I'd see this as a bit of a piss take.
They are options though you dont have to have them to be competitive
Old 19-05-2014
Mad Member

Send a message via ICQ to lochness42 Send a message via MSN to lochness42 Send a message via Skype™ to lochness42

It has always been like that with Schumacher, but as it was said - it's not necessary - I have previous 2 versions of hubs (because I had more cars and didn't want to swap them all the time). The newest specification out of those two is basically the same as the newest one, with the difference of brass insert for less wear - do I have to switch for newest part? No. Can I switch? - yes. Up to you if you justify the price. Regarding rear mounts presented here - once again - do you need to get it? No. Can you get it to get more setup options very easily? - yes
Race your K1 in current trim and you still should be happy (^_^) you can pretend that they don't exist if it helps.
Old 19-05-2014

Fitted new rear mounts yesterday and very nice. As for original ones i'll just move them to my K1.
Old 19-05-2014

Lol got to laugh, as if you already have a tower that gives you the option to run front or rear tower then the point about undoing 2 screws is a bit wasted as that's all you would ever have to do anyway.
Old 19-05-2014

Quote:
Thank you for your helpful input
unfortunately your far from the truth
U4616 is the full kit which does everything front and rear , in fact all you see in the below picture

the part U4615 is just the alloy tops, which are available should you wish to have a set built in the opposite configuration, or should you manage to damage any.
Old 19-05-2014
oOple Advertiser

six sets arrived today and I doubt if they will be hanging around long!
Old 19-05-2014
Mad Member

I wouldn't be happy if the new parts were fixing existing problems , but they are not.. Just bits to make it better & more bling…

Cant argue with that…
Old 19-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam F View Post
I wouldn't be happy if the new parts were fixing existing problems , but they are not.. Just bits to make it better & more bling…

Cant argue with that…

Old 19-05-2014
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark christopher View Post
Thank you for your helpful input
unfortunately your far from the truth
U4616 is the full kit which does everything front and rear , in fact all you see in the below picture

the part U4615 is just the alloy tops, which are available should you wish to have a set built in the opposite configuration, or should you manage to damage any.

My apologies Mark, seems you do get the reverser with the alloy tops. My bad, at least that way your saving a tenner
I agree also that they are options and you don't "need" to buy them but if the guys your racing are using them to beat you, what you gonna do? If the parts don't make that much difference then why release them in the first place? As I said before I used to race Schumacher cars myself and enjoyed a small amount of success whilst doing so but back then these "option" parts were maybe released every 6 months or so but it seems like every other week now. Just my opinion and observations.
Old 19-05-2014
Supah doOpah

Send a message via MSN to PaulRotheram

In the case of the alloy rear trans, from what i've been told this was to be a running change to the original part - however when the decision was made the original part ran out of stock due to the KFs MASSIVE popularity.

As its been a few months since this option was in stock it may feel like its 'yet another' option part. However its not the case - its a part that has been around for a good while, this is simply an updated version.

There has not been an obscene amount of parts being churned out of the Schumacher factory. The low grip conversion is a reaction to the public wanting to run the indoor based KF car, outdoors. The KF is engineered to be a high grip carpet car - nothing more. However it turns out it is a fantastic car on our outdoor tracks also, the low grip conversion just makes the car a better all rounder.

The 'new' 1 degree alloy hubs have been out before, the release last week was the same story as the rear trans - stock ran out and they updated the part.

I would much rather the development Schumacher are doing, over a manufacturer leaving the car to become stale.
Old 20-05-2014
Mad Member

Thanks for clearing that up Paul
Old 20-05-2014

Quote:
Thanks for clearing that up Paul
Out of curiosity, what cars do you run now?
Old 20-05-2014
Mad Member

I've recently got myself an AE b5m, but to be honest, I've gave most brands a go at some point though this will be my first AE 1/10 buggy, first run tomorrow evening :-)