Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Mardave

Old 30-05-2010

Default cobra body

as far as i am aware there are no bodys that will fit and if you buy a standard cobra se body be very carefull where u cut it. The cut lines on the body are miles out. I bought one and cut it to fit better and its way better. If you find a alternative body, let me know.
Old 03-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by adey View Post
as far as i am aware there are no bodys that will fit and if you buy a standard cobra se body be very carefull where u cut it. The cut lines on the body are miles out. I bought one and cut it to fit better and its way better. If you find a alternative body, let me know.
Thanks for that,i'm thinking of trying to fit some other wheels to try and change the appearance of the car a little,has anyone got any suggestions???
Old 04-06-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by isobarik View Post
Is it hard to make the mod and have the tower the right way ( shocks in front and then tower )

damn those pics they make me want one.....

What wheels is it possible to have on the cobra ???

mvh Isobarik
Here is a link on my Blog on how to make the tower the right way. Takes about 20 mins
http://thercracer.blogspot.com/2010/...nsion-mod.html
Old 07-06-2010

Recently aquired a cobra that had been sat in a garage for a few years.

I know tamiya tyres (fighter buggy) will fit the front, and lunchbox tyres will fit the rear but look a little silly with the cobra shell on. I managed to fit a set of HPI tyres to the rear, a little oversized but not by much.

Im in the process of converting the rear hubs to accept tamiya hex fitting, with parts from the tamiya mini.

As for body shells, i used to run a meteor but my old man bought a truck/pickup shell and it managed to sit quite nicely, so maybe this could be the way to go?
Old 09-06-2010

Default shock mod

running the shocks infront of the tower is a good mod and tends to make the car very predictable. I spaced my shock tower back so the shocks are at the correct angle. The best mod in my view is moving the steering bellcranks back to give better ackerman. Its a very worthwhile mod. I will say though. On carpet i prefer to run the front shocks behind the tower. It seems to suit my driving style.
Old 12-06-2010
Mad Member

Do you have any pics of the steering mod?

Cheers
Old 12-06-2010

just found this post after running 3 cobras for nearly 8mths(me n 2 kids)!!!!

i find them fairly predictable and in the hands of the kids, quite competative.

ones bog standard, ones running tc3 front shocks and mardave fronts on the rear and is very good on carpet-both with tamiya sport tuned motors.
mines running fybrelite shock towers-front cut lower, zxr shocks and b4 springs and an easyrun 9t brushless without any probs yet! all 3 run on kamtec kse 34 stock car foam tyres.
i'm interested in the b3/b4 gearbox mod-anybody got any close up pics and can i still use mardave wishbones? also like the look of the front steering linkage
mardave spares are so cheap and chris is a top bloke when it comes to advice and gettin spares
Old 12-06-2010
Spends too long on oOple ...

The only cobra i would buy if he sold it is Kristian Wiles top ten placed carpet setup carbon fibre chassied rc10 gearboxed cobra. That was fast and when he loaned me it for a couple of events showed me why it such a special car. Not much to it but is so much fun to drive
Answer UK team driver
Designer of the Lazer ZX/ZXR carbon fibre tub chassis
Designer of the Lazer ZXRS
Old 13-06-2010

Default Mardave Cobra Undertray

Hi everyone,can anyone tell me if the lexan undertray is still available??
Old 14-06-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

It's still listed as being available on here:
http://mardaveonline.co.uk/Prices/Cobra-Retail.pdf
Old 14-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by soggytomato View Post
just found this post after running 3 cobras for nearly 8mths(me n 2 kids)!!!!

i find them fairly predictable and in the hands of the kids, quite competative.

ones bog standard, ones running tc3 front shocks and mardave fronts on the rear and is very good on carpet-both with tamiya sport tuned motors.
mines running fybrelite shock towers-front cut lower, zxr shocks and b4 springs and an easyrun 9t brushless without any probs yet! all 3 run on kamtec kse 34 stock car foam tyres.
i'm interested in the b3/b4 gearbox mod-anybody got any close up pics and can i still use mardave wishbones? also like the look of the front steering linkage
mardave spares are so cheap and chris is a top bloke when it comes to advice and gettin spares
Glad to hear that you & your sons are getting on well with your Cobras... good to hear people are still racing & enjoying these buggies.

By the way there's a pictures of Adey's B3 gearbox conversion on page 2 of this very topic. I also converted my Cobra (many years ago) to run a Losi XX gearbox (theres a link to some pictures on page 2 aswell)
Old 14-06-2010

Default cobra steering and b3 gearbox

as derby dan says, there are pics of my gearbox conversion and i will try to post pics of my steering mod. You can use either a b3 or b4 gearbox if you copy what i did and the standard driveshafts are fine with this. I am working on a top deck and new shock towers and finally fitting hot bodies d4 driveshafts.
Old 15-06-2010
Spends too long on oOple ...

Quote:
i asked fibre lyte to make me the chassis and they found out the mould and made it for me about 4 months ago. It took nearly 8 weeks to make as they hadnt made one in a while. Fibre lyte were great about it. I used standard alloy without a problem though
Looks almost identical to the original proto that Kristian used except he opted for the original rc10 steering. A very planted car that on a couple of occassions passed Craig Harris and made 7th in the British carpet finals and went well over the rutty jumps.
Answer UK team driver
Designer of the Lazer ZX/ZXR carbon fibre tub chassis
Designer of the Lazer ZXRS
Old 15-06-2010

Quote:
as derby dan says, there are pics of my gearbox conversion and i will try to post pics of my steering mod. You can use either a b3 or b4 gearbox if you copy what i did and the standard driveshafts are fine with this. I am working on a top deck and new shock towers and finally fitting hot bodies d4 driveshafts.
have seen those pics thanx but was wondering how u mated the b3/4 box to a mardave gearbox to keep the original wishbones-cant make it out on those pics on pg2. ave been looking at steering mods for a bit now but always end up keeping wiv the standard one!
will have to play about with the steering next time i've got a day free!!
Old 15-06-2010

oh almost forgot, the mardave wiv the tc3 shocks is a gold anodised one and is at least 10+yrs old and i still have the original body! it came with a few fibreglass front shock towers aswell
Old 15-06-2010

Default gearbox

I removed the rear of the mardave gearbox and put b3 box inside with some slight dremeling. A rc10b4 gearbox can be used in the same way. I used a small turnbuckle to allow me to adjust motor height to alter rear end grip.
Old 15-06-2010

Default gearbox

I removed the rear of the mardave gearbox and put b3 box inside with some slight dremeling. A rc10b4 gearbox can be used in the same way. I used a small turnbuckle to allow me to adjust motor height to alter rear end grip.
Old 16-06-2010

why didnt i think of that!!!! tried to make a losi xx box fit a while ago but couldnt find an easy-ish way so sold the box and slipper on stealbay.
i'll try to get hold of a cheap complete b4 box and ave a go at that
thanx
Old 16-06-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to millzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshy40 View Post
The only cobra i would buy if he sold it is Kristian Wiles top ten placed carpet setup carbon fibre chassied rc10 gearboxed cobra. That was fast and when he loaned me it for a couple of events showed me why it such a special car. Not much to it but is so much fun to drive
Lindsey still has it in the garage. I remember it had delrin front arms on it.
Old 16-06-2010
Mad Member

Don't know if this site has been mentioned in this thred, but it's worth a look:-

http://www.planet-venom.co.uk/