Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 03-01-2016
Mad Member

Default For Sale Threads?

Hi All
Just wanted to put a question out there for your opinions.

When something is posted for sale and a post is created with description and pictures etc.
Once the item has been sold should 'oople' allow the thread to be deleted?
Or should there be a simple rule to say you can delete or edit the for sale bit but not the description.

Example:
For Sale
Selling sanwa reciever in good condition and fully functional(pictures here)
looking for £50.

Sold
Selling sanwa reciever in good condition and fully functional(pictures here)
Sold for £50

Just for future reference if ever required by the buyer or the seller?
Also people looking to buy or sell can get an idea of prices and condition of equipment using previous posts as a reference.

Just a thought to help honest selling

Maybe awkward to police but genuine sellers & buyers honesty will shine

Just a thought
Old 03-01-2016
Awesome Admin

Personally I like it when people leave all the details up for future reference as its helped me in the past to price things but as for having it as "policy" may be a bit hard to enforce.
its down to the seller, I personally normally just mark it sold as its easier than deleting the whole post as I'm lazy
Old 04-01-2016
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peakey View Post
Personally I like it when people leave all the details up for future reference as its helped me in the past to price things but as for having it as "policy" may be a bit hard to enforce.
its down to the seller, I personally normally just mark it sold as its easier than deleting the whole post as I'm lazy
I totally agree and I also do as you do, maybe when I said a 'oople rule' it may be hard to work it. Maybe just a trend in the way buyers and sellers work would be the way to go.
Old 04-01-2016
Mad Member

Only negative I can see is, say if I had a Orion shorty lipo 2 months old and just wanted £10 for it, then every one else would see this price and not buy the other one for sale in a weeks time if they wanted £20 for it.

I would say leave it as it is, as everyone values their equipment different to others.....

Yokomo - Nemoracing
Sb Designs
http://www.fairfueluk.com/
Old 04-01-2016
Awesome Admin

Send a message via AIM to Col

No hard and fast. I'm with Peakey, but for different reaons - it's much harder for me to check if the thread breaks any rules if there is no thread... A while back I changed the settings so that I could see all edits to all threads, so those that I come across will have the title changed back to display what the item is.
Old 06-01-2016

I'm inclined to think that it does help to leave the prices up when the items sold, I don't think it queers future sales, if you want £20 for an item that's how much you want, if no-one will pay it the item probably isn't worth it, but having some old threads up gives a guide what items sell for.

I must say I'm a member of lots of forums and this is one of the best for the selling section, it works very well.
Old 26-05-2016
Mad Member

Just going back to this, leaving the thread available also allows the buyer to refer back to what they were sold in terms of description, condition and what was included in the sale.

As once it is deleted there's nothing to refer back too.

This could leave the sale open to obuse by the very few who may be that way enclined.
Old 26-05-2016
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy G View Post
Just going back to this, leaving the thread available also allows the buyer to refer back to what they were sold in terms of description, condition and what was included in the sale.

As once it is deleted there's nothing to refer back too.

This could leave the sale open to obuse by the very few who may be that way enclined.
That's a good point - I've bought (and sold) quite a bit on here and only had one "iffy" purchase where I bought a car for one of my kids. I didn't pay a lot and knew it needed some fettling, but when it arrived it was lucky it didn't fall apart as I opened the package - lots of broken plastic held together with superglue. Wanted to look at sale post to check I'd not misread it, but the listing had gone. As I said, didn't pay a lot, but still felt I'd been miss-sold, but couldn't check.

I also sold a full set of Core springs once which I'd said were a full set - when the buyer received them he pointed out that there were 5 pairs, but 2 were "whites" - I must admit I'd bought them 2nd hand and had never noticed or used them, however the buyer was great about it as he said actually the price paid was still good even for 4 pairs. Had the post gone I suspect he might have thought I was pulling a fast one

Yokomo YZ-2

No 4WD because nothing lives up to my original Optima. Until now maybe?...
Old 26-05-2016

I always take a screenshot of the advert and photos when buying things from forums. It serves as a form of proof when trying to settle paypal claims. Only had to do it once and unfortunately it was from off this site.
Old 26-05-2016
Awesome Admin

Send a message via AIM to Col

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashlandchris View Post
Wanted to look at sale post to check I'd not misread it, but the listing had gone.
As mentioned earlier, you can always get in touch with me and I can restore any previous versions of the thread.
I sometimes take a while to get back to people, but I always do...
Old 26-05-2016

I edited a for sale post the other day to say it was sold and all of the text was not available and had been cleared. Is something wrong with the page?
Old 27-05-2016
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrenton View Post
I edited a for sale post the other day to say it was sold and all of the text was not available and had been cleared. Is something wrong with the page?
Yes I had the same recently. I assumed I had done something wrong but maybe not if others are experiencing the same.
Yokomo YZ4 SF2
Old 27-05-2016
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobW View Post
Yes I had the same recently. I assumed I had done something wrong but maybe not if others are experiencing the same.

I noticed this a while back and posted it on another thread, but to to cover it I was copying the post before clicking the edit button then pasting it back and then editing, PHEW long way round but it got it done.

However over the past week it has stopped happening so I think the issue may have been resolved
Old 27-05-2016

I agree, you shouldn't remove the item description or pictures until after the buyer has received the item and is happy with the purchase.
I normally edit the post with the price removed (but know this can be annoying as others like to see what it sold for).