Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > South West

Old 06-03-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlander View Post
i think it would be good if driving standards were monitered at regionals tho ... same again it dose meen each club has to find sumone to do the job ...
Race refs would be useful if we can find people to do it, and this is as much to do with calling the lapping cars through as anything to be honest, as that the best/most used function of the refs at the nationals. Especially in the lower heats where people are less race aware and can't spot the front runners so easily in amongst the action.

Knowing your being watched does also help with rule breaks, and does help with keeping the calm when some take things 'more seriously' than others! But the job of being a ref is a thankless task and as you say...it needs people to step up and offer to do it!
Racing in South West: http://www.mendiprcraceway.co.uk/
Racing in Wales: www.caldicotrcracers.co.uk
Kept running by: Yokomo via MB Models & www.tracksidespares.co.uk
Shells by Square Crabs
Old 06-03-2013
oOple Advertiser

This all seems a bit wooly to me, either we run to BRCA rules or we don't. Yatton have not applied to run a South West Regional meeting as our track does not meet BRCA regional rules which we were told the south west were running to. I don't beleive you should pick and choose what rules you abide to and what you dont. If you have to have a track that is BRCA Regional compliant then you also need to have referees and scrutineering to check motors and batteries as all BRCA Regional rules should apply.

The rules can be found here for those that want some bedtime reading...........

http://www.brca.org/index.php?q=cont...13-rules/18573

I am not for or against running BRCA rules, I just think a decision needs to be made on whether we are running to them or not. This will make things clear for everyone.
Old 06-03-2013
Mad Member

hehe...it's only wooly because this is a public forum with open discussion!!!

I'm sure the regional reps know what they are doing and will let us know in due course if anything is changing from previous years.

I've not done SW regionals before so don't know what rules they apply currently!
Racing in South West: http://www.mendiprcraceway.co.uk/
Racing in Wales: www.caldicotrcracers.co.uk
Kept running by: Yokomo via MB Models & www.tracksidespares.co.uk
Shells by Square Crabs
Old 06-03-2013

I think when it involves drivers licence grades then you should follow BRCA regional rules that are set for the region.

And if you dont have scruitineering and referees, what is to stop people cheating or taking everyone out on the track. Bit extreme in most cases I know, but drivers shouldn't be able to gain from it and likewise drivers shouldn't be able to loose there license grading from other peoples gain.

Regionals are a bit more than an open or club meeting
Associated RC10's, RC10T, B2 & T2
Kyosho Ultima XL
Losi JRX2, JRX Pro & Pro SE
Yokomo YZ10 94

The Veterans Inner Circle. Sponsored with Pot Noodle and Tunnocks.
Old 06-03-2013
oOple Advertiser

You are right this should be and will be decided by the South West Regionals committee. I was just adding my 2 pence worth

All I really know is that Yatton have not put in to hold an event as we don't think we are large enough but should we be asked we would consider it

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pinky View Post
hehe...it's only wooly because this is a public forum with open discussion!!!

I'm sure the regional reps know what they are doing and will let us know in due course if anything is changing from previous years.

I've not done SW regionals before so don't know what rules they apply currently!