Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Faversham Off Road Car Club

Old 07-10-2011

Default Grid

Would anyone else prefer a proper grid start same as finals, there is always 7 in a heat with 3 lines. Space them out further.

I know you don't get to start at the front but you still move forward 3 positions .

Just a thought.
Old 07-10-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Yes could be a good idea, save a few pile ups in the first corner. Or if not a grid just space out the start lines a bit more

www.rccarshop.co.uk
Old 07-10-2011
Mad Member

with the current format you have to qualify for your grid slot the week before so in my view thats where you should stay all evening as you have ernt the right to be on pole or wherever.

i here that most will say the current way allows you to be on the front at some point in the evening but why should you if you havent qualified for it.

it makes the previouse weeks qualifying a pointless exersize.

having grid slot lined ups makes cleaner race starts as we saw on finals night

stu
Old 07-10-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Big G Send a message via Skype™ to Big G

at our club I remember not having a proper grid system and pileups happened all the time. when returned to the club I made a point of making out on the floor at equal lengths the slots. no more pile ups now.
Old 07-10-2011
Mad Member

this is exactly what happens on normal club nights its great racing and extreamly enjoyable and the club is run very well.
Old 13-10-2011

Following on from the other thread, but I feel that its a lot to do with the starts, 3 cars on one line is bad news, bad start bad race, 3bad races bad night.

Sort out the simple things, one extra piece of masking tape, spaced further apart will help.

lose the fist corner pile up and the race goes away smooth everyone will be happy
Old 13-10-2011
Mad Member

copied from other thread

yes i agree with we are racing and we are qualifying for your position for the week after by why should your qulified grid slot be pinalised with the current format. yes every driver gets a front row start but why if you havent qulified for it you dont deserve to be there, having a grid start like finals week will tidy up first lap caos. like les also said we are now doing 10sec laps a crash will rouen the race and if that crash is due to first lap moves because the tq car is on the back row drivers will get upset which is not good but unfortuantly this will always happen with the current line start

stu
Old 13-10-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkclifford View Post
Following on from the other thread, but I feel that its a lot to do with the starts, 3 cars on one line is bad news, bad start bad race, 3bad races bad night.

Sort out the simple things, one extra piece of masking tape, spaced further apart will help.

lose the fist corner pile up and the race goes away smooth everyone will be happy
agree grid start less pile up correct qualifing order clean starts better racing happier drivers less marshling it seems to be a no brainer.

stu