Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Schumacher

Old 19-04-2014

Default Cougar SV2 or Cougar KM

Hi
I have been thinking of what the update of the SV2 could be bearing in mind it is a mid motor car for all weather and all surfaces, here are my thoughts what's yours.

Alloy chassis ideal for general grip, 12mm hex drives front and rear, remove the under tray and have plastic side rails same as the KF, KR etc, long front wishbones, redesigned body shell, Core style wide coils springs, no rear roll bar for the standard kit, redesign top deck as with the plastic side rails it does not need to be of the current design, gear diff as option for high grip or for drivers that do not want to service the ball diff, plastic shock covers front and rear, redesign of the front top bulkhead three screws instead of two so that the plastic shock cover can be removed and the carbon shock tower stays in place,.

Over to you
Old 19-04-2014
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

Maybe it won't with the kf low grip kit and it's ability to do high and low.
Old 20-04-2014
oOple Advertiser

Little birdie told me its not going to happen in the near future.

I think the KF is so good they don't need to.
Old 21-04-2014

The KF did not work yesterday at the Southwest regional at Mendip in the wet, beaten by RB6 and a SV2, two drivers that we're driving them changed to mid motor cars, enough said.
Old 21-04-2014
Supah doOpah

Send a message via MSN to PaulRotheram

I ran my KF low grip conversion yesterday at Southport radio car club, it rained during a round which made the track wet and greasy for over an hour.
I was very happy with the grip and drive the car produced in these conditions and it continued to work when the grip returned once the bad weather stopped.

For me, if you were looking for one all rounder car, its the way to go.
Old 21-04-2014

Send a message via MSN to ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARB View Post
The KF did not work yesterday at the Southwest regional at Mendip in the wet, beaten by RB6 and a SV2, two drivers that we're driving them changed to mid motor cars, enough said.
Wrong.
Old 21-04-2014

Quote:
Also none of the Kfs running were using the low grip kit ! I can also tell you as I own both a rb6 and a kf in the dry my Kf was over 1 and half seconds faster in the dry and I think the kf will only start to work better in the wet as we learn to setup the car! Schumacher had developed a great car that with time will be very good you must also remember that the RB6 that won was also being driven by Chris Rowcliffe who is an f1 and has made national A finals. I would maybe get the facts correct before posting what people were racing with and putting down the product in my opinion.
Old 21-04-2014

Quote:
I thought it worked, and was driving one?
-Schumacher Cat K1
Old 21-04-2014

Carb, so a KF qualifying 2nd and was at that sharp end in all 3 A finals is a car that doesn't work??? hmmmm
Well done Tom Knowles.
Old 21-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by danharding View Post
Carb, so a KF qualifying 2nd and was at that sharp end in all 3 A finals is a car that doesn't work??? hmmmm
Well done Tom Knowles.
Thanks Dan!
-Schumacher Cat K1
Old 22-04-2014

it is nether here nor there how good the KF is in the wet regard less if you you fit a £79.99 wet conversion kit or not it is your choice, my post was just to ask for opinions of a new SV2 and absolutley nothing to do and no mention of the KF.

But from vitriol this post has produced I guess that if anyone dare to comment on its performance be it positive or contrary they better think twice.

My original thought was to promote a discussion regarding the SV2 and as per the Southwest regional the KF went well and have gone well in different areas of the country, I never said the it was not a good car I said "it did not work in the wet" and that two top drivers that we're using them changed to a SV2 and a RB6 and this is correct.
Old 22-04-2014

Please tell me how it did not work in the wet - (Tom Knowles 2nd in the A final qualifying) As you said?? Did you try driving one?? I did on yellow mini spikes in the wet because we did not have time to change tyres so nothing would have worked on those tyres in the rain so rather than speculate that they did not work maybe ask the question? Do you know why those using them changed cars because the answer is it is easier to put a car down that is all set up for the wet rather than make lots of changes to the KF as when you have 3 leg finals and not a lot of time its not worth missing a round due to making car changes !
Old 22-04-2014

Well I ran a kf at mendip on Sunday in almost kit set up and when I say almost, I mean no major upgrades like shock mount diffs and chassis the only changes to kit were things like diff oil and shock oils and different shock positions, I did change to bb greens when it rained and found the car fairly easy to drive don't get me wrong I didn't win but then I couldn't win with the best set up car ever as I'm not that good, but having said that I was pleasantly surprised to how well it went in the wet after all the bad reports about it but all good and with a few more tweeks and probably younger faster thumbs I can see it being a very good alround car
Carisma gtb x2
Schumacher gt12 x2
Old 22-04-2014
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

Quote:
it is nether here nor there how good the KF is in the wet regard less if you you fit a £79.99 wet conversion kit or not it is your choice, my post was just to ask for opinions of a new SV2 and absolutley nothing to do and no mention of the KF.
And in reply to your post myself and others gave our opinions why when the kf is proving to work in many conditions. If the kf is as fast or faster in the lower grip than the sv2, why would the sv2 be upgraded?
If you don't like others opinions, why ask?
Old 23-04-2014

I'm not trying to annoy anyone else, but I am just offering my opinion: I ran the kf without the low grip conversion with almost kit setup on a damp astro track which turned to a rather wet track as the meeting went on. I am not the best of drivers so I was not posting massively quick times but I still felt that the car was quite easy to drive as long as I wasn't pushing it too hard, which is the case with any 2wd I suppose. That is just my opinion.