Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Schumacher

Old 12-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrighty View Post
I warmed mine up and pushed my thumb into it to create a buldge where the spur is
How does it look? Did it ruin the paintwork and any chance you could post a pic?

Cheers
Old 12-05-2014

Send a message via MSN to ryan

I just used a heat gun and pushed the area out very slightly, im also running a 76t spur so requires less modification to the shell.
Old 12-05-2014

Looks fine my shell is black so didnt make much diffrence i will post a pick when im home from work i also run a 76t spur so theres a little more clerance
Old 18-05-2014

Hi have purchased the conversion kit to give it a go!

Last edited by madmulc; 19-05-2014 at 05:01 AM. Reason: Decided to change my mind on what I wrote!
Old 18-05-2014

I have found the complete opposite you what you are saying makes the car much easier to drive a more stable and lack of power im using ip 4800mah 90c shortys no shortage of power there
Old 18-05-2014

Ran the low grip conversion at the Herts Mid South regional - this proved to be a useful back to back comparison as we visited there a few weeks back and the conditions were nearly identical, maybe a few degrees hotter today but track, astro, sand etc all nearly identical.

How did it compare? A lot better to be honest. There are a few inclined hairpins in a very sandy area and in the standard KF I found I lost the rear quite a few times compared to today where the low grip felt more planted. I am running with 70g brass under the shorty.

I didn't have the best of days but that was due to my ability to cope with very large and compound jumps as I don't get much practice on these obstacles. However through the twistier technical sections I could keep lines much easier than those running standard KFs.

I have to say I'm a big fan - in the right conditions.

As for power, didn't find it lacking at all on shortys.
Every Thursday evening from 6:30pm and alternate Sundays.

Check out http://shrccc.co.uk
Follow us on:

Facebook - Surrey and Hants Radio Control Car Club
Twitter - @surreyhantsrc
Old 19-05-2014

I have to say not everything will be to everybodys liking,

I personally struggled with the conversion, but i was not running extra weight under my lipos as I did not have any.

Im sure to 99% of people the coversion will be great but there is always that 1% that just dont like it. I know somebody that bought the KF when it came out and raced it for one meeting and sold it because they could not get on with it.

I might give it one last try but if it fails I'm just going to hope and pray schumacher bring out an SV3
Old 19-05-2014
Mad Member

I had a KF with low grip conversion this weekend for the ware regional but found my TM2 v2 much better. I am not going to give up as I think I just had not got enough experience with the car and need to spend some more time on it.
Schumacher KC, KD, CAT XLS, CAT L1 | Team C TM2 V2, TM4, TC02 | JQ The Car | Mugen MBX6 | Losi 8T,8BE 1.5 | Durango DEX-410V4 | FTX Blaze | XRAY M18T | Kyosho STR,Surf Dude,Nexus 30 | Nimrif Makara | MFA Spear | She Devil | T-Rex 450SEV2,250SE | Ark X-400 | Protech Butterfly,Zoom 400 | Ikarus Piccolo | VW T4 | Smart 450 | KC-250 | BoltRC Kraken 5" | Emax Nighthawk 250 | Gravity 250 | S550 | Prusa i3 | TronXY X5A | Must stop collecting stuff!
Old 19-05-2014

I have the low grip conversion and it was great, no change in power from standard by using the shortys either.

One weak spot on the car for me is the steering knuckles, ive now broken 3 in 1 week. Worst of it being was once in the final in last weeks regional, and again in this weeks regional final. Wish Schumacher would make an alloy knuckle for a hex wheel!!