Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/18th & Micro stuff

Old 22-03-2012

Default Long shot looking for big rims for a mini t!!

Hi everyone, at my local club we run an odd balls race and i have been messing around with my mini t, im hoping some body could help me. Im looking for either a converter of some type so i can run buggy wheels or some over sized wheels that will take buggy tires. We run outdoors on a full grass track so the standard sized wheels just dont cut it.
Any help is much appreciated.
Old 22-03-2012
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandyleg View Post
Hi everyone, at my local club we run an odd balls race and i have been messing around with my mini t, im hoping some body could help me. Im looking for either a converter of some type so i can run buggy wheels or some over sized wheels that will take buggy tires. We run outdoors on a full grass track so the standard sized wheels just dont cut it.
Any help is much appreciated.
We have several of the Trinity "Monster" sized wheel and tyres still in stock for the Mini T if any use? They fit straight on and are about 1.5 to 2 times the size of the originals.....
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636
Old 22-03-2012

Default Trinity monster

Have you got a part number for the monster tyres/wheels.Cant find them on your site.

Do they bolt on like normal wheels without the need for 1/10th adapters.

cheers.

Edit found them on dms are they pre glued? Do they need foam inserts?

Thanks. for the info.
Old 22-03-2012
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtheg View Post
Have you got a part number for the monster tyres/wheels.Cant find them on your site.

Do they bolt on like normal wheels without the need for 1/10th adapters.

cheers.

Edit found them on dms are they pre glued? Do they need foam inserts?

Thanks. for the info.
Hi,

They bolt straight on to a standard truck, no need for any adaptors etc.

They offer the tyres in pre-glued and non pre-glued, we only have a selction of each left in stock now

Those that need them all come with inserts, some of the harder tyres dont require any though

Hope that helps
Old 22-03-2012

Hi they sound good i will have a look, Do you know off the top of your head if they will accept standard 1/10th buggy tires? I know im asking a lot
Old 22-03-2012
oOple Advertiser

No they wont, they are smaller than that size plus they come with tyres already mounted to the wheels....
Old 24-03-2012

Had a look at the wheels this morning, they are still not big enough for what im after. 2.2 inch is the kind of size im looking for i dont mind having to buy hex adapters for the rear.
Old 24-03-2012

Default delrin adapters

You could buy the delrin adapters and use some 12mm hex buggy wheels. The adapters fit ok ish on the back but not too good on the front.

Heres my mini t with 12mm hex touring car wheels.

http://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/gallery/...3508-finished/
Old 24-03-2012

Default delrin adapters

On the toyz site but nil stock

http://www.thetoyz.com/Driven-Produc...ductions/8456/
Old 24-03-2012

Quote:
I actually have a set of these adapters! they are great when we run indoors on foams as i can run touring car rims on it its the outdoor season im struggling for just cant see to find anything to fit 1/10th buggy type tires ive hunted around quite a bit on google and found this article
http://www.minioffroaders.com/minit/ultimate.php
I just cant find the wheels it refers too so im assuming that they have been discontinued, They are the size of wheels i would ideally like.
Old 24-03-2012

Quote:
You could buy the delrin adapters and use some 12mm hex buggy wheels. The adapters fit ok ish on the back but not too good on the front.

Heres my mini t with 12mm hex touring car wheels.

http://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/gallery/...3508-finished/
I cant see the images as im not a part of the forum
Old 25-03-2012

http://www.uk-microrc.co.uk/forum/in...howtopic=16946

or

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/12/dsc00315sm.jpg/
Old 25-03-2012

That is very very tasty!! I wont upload pics of mine yet as im still in the process of building my dream lol

The extended chassis must work wonders on yours, I had mine out in the oddballs today running a full stick pack of nimh 3300 couldnt keep the front end on the floor. The pack has been reconfigured to fit in the truck and its quite quick.

The wheels on yours still aint big enough for what im after they just wont cut it where we run, www.southlakesmodelcarclub.co.uk if your interested there will be some pics up of todays track, The tiny wheels just aint enough. I am very very determined to get 1/10th buggy wheels on it there has to be a way!!
Old 25-03-2012

Yes the slider chassis helps a lot but keeping the frontend down as you say is very difficult especially on 3S!!

1600mah lipo lasts forever in these

There's got to be a way of getting 1/10th wheels on there but the shafts are gonna be taking a hammering, you might have to get some titanium swing shafts just to take th strain!!!
Old 25-03-2012

Lol sound like you have had some fun with yours.
A guy at my club come up with a good idea today using an old wheel adapter type thing off of a losi xxx front wheel not the hub but it has a hex drive on a aluminium tube that runs through the hub! (cant remember what they are called) cut the tube down and then create a slot for the drive pin and hey presto this should work, I just dont think they will hold up to the strain and i will also have to drill the axles to hold a larger pin maybe....
Old 26-03-2012

Yeah with a larger pin you are gonna be taking a lot of material out of the shaft and theres not a lot there as is!!

Send us some pics of the losi xxx shaft sounds interesting
Old 26-03-2012

Ive found a temp fix to my problem but its far from ideal although it does have one or 2 benefits i will upload a pic later on tonight and i will see if i can find a pic of the xxx part
Old 26-03-2012

Ok so this is my mini t. Not at the minute this is just an idea, i have test driven it around the car park just to see what it was like. the camber is out from crash damage previously done this will be repaired its just a bent buckle.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG00851-20120326-1841.jpg (261.1 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg IMG00850-20120326-1841.jpg (302.1 KB, 10 views)

Last edited by bandyleg; 26-03-2012 at 09:38 PM. Reason: Camber
Old 27-03-2012

Absolute madness!!

Have you put your mini t wheels inside the 10th wheels??

Madness I tells you.
Old 27-03-2012

Yep good guess lol, Im gonna have a lot of issues with gearing as after only a couple of minutes run time with almost flat batterys 3300 nimh the motor was really hot so i will have to have a play around with it.

It now drives flat out on long ish grass tho so will be good for the outdoor odd balls lol