Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > General Car Talk

Old 30-05-2015

Default Turnigy SCT 2wd

Anybody have an SCT 2wd which they've done some upgrades on?
I have one coming and it's the Kit one so has some upgrades already such as alloy shocks but wondering what upgrade parts/ parts off other cars people have fitted to upgrade the SCT?
1/10th Electric Touring: Schumacher Axis 2
Full Scale Petrol: 2013 Focus ST-3
Old 16-06-2015

Just to update on this for anyone interested.
It took about 10 hours to build.

There where two screws which where provided for nylock nuts that hold the front assembly on. These where 10mm and the manual also said 10mm, they where too short though - so I used some of my spare 12mm from another car which were just right. I noticed at the end though, you get a few bags full of spare screws of different lengths, spare washers, clips, etc (which is a neat after touch)

Also in the kit which aren't listed/ you can't see in the pics, was a pot with more than enough silicon grease. A tube of thread lock and tube of 100 weight suspension oil.

So far I've had a few runs in the back garden and when I banged the front end the front lower wishbone pins came out. There are no retaining clips, the front bumper is supposed to stop them coming out but if you impact it, the bumper momentarily bends down the pins fly forward with the forward motion.

I took the pins and retaining clips off my ansmann buggy and fitted these, so I'll feedback how it holds up after this weekend when I take it somewhere much bigger, with jumps, etc.

Few final neat things, the servo mounts are aluminium. The big bore 12mm suspension is all aluminium despite looking a bit like it had plastic top mounts in some pics I saw.

Also lots of stuff on the net says the dogbone drive shafts are slightly too short and pop out, there are suggestions which deviate from the manual on how to fix this. But I have built it as the manual suggested and there is an equal amount of drive shaft in the hub as the diff. And it's in far enough to not fall out - looks fine to me, they must of fixed that in the V2 maybe.

If you have the kit open on your screen on the hobbyking site, after about 10 mins they see you have an interest and offer you a lower price. I eventually got it for about £52 but it seems to have gone back up to around £60. Yes it's cheap and the shell's a bit thin but I can't fault it for the price.
1/10th Electric Touring: Schumacher Axis 2
Full Scale Petrol: 2013 Focus ST-3
Old 15-08-2015

If you're still looking for upgrades to this buggy, I have an aluminum skid plate that I've made per request from another enthusiast. Here's the link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/131575289608...84.m1555.l2649

Thanks,
Travis