Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Durango

Old 30-11-2013

Default BALL DIFF OUTDRIVES LONG?

Hello everyone,

Can someone tell me please, how much longer the long ball diff outdrives (TD310417) are, compared to the orginal ones?
Or does someone have the total length of the complete ball diff, with the longer outdrives?

Thanks in advance and

My cars:
CatK2/CougarSVR/BossCat/Dex410v3/Dex410v5/Dex210/Dex210F/Yokomo yz-10‘94/Yokomo yz-10‘95/
Old 30-11-2013
Mad Member

Excellent question! I've been looking into this for my FWD buggy, and have documented the information in topic on oOple. I think you're looking for the following topic:

Long vs. kit outdrives

The outdrives are 1.25mm longer (per side). It doesn't sound like much, But I found it very useful on my FWD Buggy. Probably more relevant for you, I found it crucial on my DEX210 to keep my driveshafts safely seated inside the outdrives (especially as I did a few small mods to enable more droop (limited on the shock, not on the chassis). I can't understand they put these outdrives in the later batches of 210 kits as standard, but at least they exist

Also worth noting by the way: The gear diff outdrives are already longer than the kit ball diff ones which put the diff at the same width as the ball diff with the long outdrives.

3D Printing Upgrade Parts - FF210 Buggy
Old 30-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origineelreclamebord View Post
Excellent question! I've been looking into this for my FWD buggy, and have documented the information in topic on oOple. I think you're looking for the following topic:

Long vs. kit outdrives

The outdrives are 1.25mm longer. It doesn't sound like much, But I found it very useful on my FWD Buggy. Probably more relevant for you, I found it crucial on my DEX210 to keep my driveshafts safely seated inside the outdrives (especially as I did a few small mods to enable more droop (limited on the shock, not on the chassis). I can't understand they put these outdrives in the later batches of 210 kits as standard, but at least they exist

Also worth noting by the way: The gear diff outdrives are already longer than the kit ball diff ones which put the diff at the same width as the ball diff with the long outdrives.
Thanks Origineelreclamebord, i should have to use the search, before open a new thread!

My cars:
CatK2/CougarSVR/BossCat/Dex410v3/Dex410v5/Dex210/Dex210F/Yokomo yz-10‘94/Yokomo yz-10‘95/
Old 30-11-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by micholix View Post
Thanks Origineelreclamebord, i should have to use the search, before open a new thread!
It's pretty understandable: I find for these very specific questions the chances are slim they're answered in another topic already, and manufacturers in general don't seem eager to send you measurements of any of their parts... Still it's always worth searching, it so happens to be that a lot of handy/relevant DEX210 diff measurements are on oOple already

3D Printing Upgrade Parts - FF210 Buggy
Old 01-12-2013

I am using the long outdrives. Don't know exactly but there roughly about 3mm longer
Futaba
Upgrade RC
HN Racing
O.S Engines
AT Fuels