Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 03-09-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to telboy
Default F345 nationals?

Has anything been said any further about this posibility next year?

Its all gone a bit quiet. And returning to 10th next year wondered if it had been considered further? as I loved doing the Nats but there looks less chance nowadays to get in if you're not an F2/F1.
Old 03-09-2012
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to MattW

I guess from a BRCA perspective, it would take someone to propose it to the AGM and see what happens.
Old 03-09-2012

That would be great!!! Kinda of a way to qualify for full fat nationals
Old 05-09-2012
Administrator

I'm in the same position - When I started racing just over 10 years ago it was EASY to get into nationals. I was probably an F5 or F4 when I did my first national and in my first full season I finished around 75th or there abouts in 2WD. I got into the D final at the final round in 2003 I think.
I really don't have time to commit to regionals but I really would like to see the varied people that nationals and even Euros bring. Sadly without doing regionals I can't possibly do nationals - which means I can no longer do Euros either.

Thankfully - there may be an answer on the horizon!
Old 05-09-2012

I personally think regionals should be held the same weekend as nationals. That way you don't get f1-f2n or f2 drivers who are already doing the nationals anyway racing them and others have a chance to get a better grade

Then at the end if season the bottom 30 national drivers are relegated back to regionals the following season and have to requalify for the EOS finals where the top 30 being given a place in the following years nationals

At least then the eos finals will be a real target to go for with it being a one off meeting a driver having a good day could just make the nationals the following year
Old 06-09-2012
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by luniemiester View Post
I personally think regionals should be held the same weekend as nationals. That way you don't get f1-f2n or f2 drivers who are already doing the nationals anyway racing them and others have a chance to get a better grade

Then at the end if season the bottom 30 national drivers are relegated back to regionals the following season and have to requalify for the EOS finals where the top 30 being given a place in the following years nationals

At least then the eos finals will be a real target to go for with it being a one off meeting a driver having a good day could just make the nationals the following year
#+*%&£$ LOL. The current BRCA national and regional system is proven to be VERY successful, if it 'aint broke don't fix it.

Maybe something like the old 'Radio Race Car' series is needed, not clashing with any nationals or regionals (in the area the events are held). You guys that can't get into the nationals because you don't have F-grades could do this series (to get your 'big-event-fix') while doing your regionals to get an F-grade to enter the proper nationals the following year?

Anyone?
SP12/RC10/XLS/JRX-2/XX/XXCR/XXCR-KE/XXX/XXXBK2/CR2/Xpro/B4/XX4/XXX4/X5/X11/DEX410/DEX210/DNX408/8ight/VW Golf GTI MK2/VW Golf TDI Wagon/Ovlov V70 D5/VW Beetle II (registered to Carrie)/Bailey Ranger/(does anyone read this bullshit?)/Creda Tumble2/HotPoint FE800/BOSCH SGS45C02GB/Dyson DC04/new patio doors & windows/freshly painted bannister rail & skirting boards, baby.
Old 06-09-2012
Super Moderator

Exclamation

What a good idea Stu
Old 06-09-2012
oOple Advertiser

Hmmm, I think I can see where this is heading...........

--SMD--INSIDE LINE MODELS--PR RACING UK--

My feedback
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79696
Old 06-09-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

LOL oOple series here we come
Old 06-09-2012
Super Moderator

Hmmm.......

I wonder??????

BRITISH NATIONAL 4WD VETERAN CHAMPION 2012
BRITISH NATIONAL SERIES 4WD VETERAN CHAMPION 2013

Old 06-09-2012
Mad Member

Great.....that means no more national reporting unless the proposed series would miss National weekends? Sorry if I haven't read the posts correctly!
Xb2 CE
Www.tqmodels.co.uk

See My Feedback
Old 06-09-2012
Mad Member

For the ace idea that an oople series is it wouldn't be for just F345's to enter so we would still be in the same boat would we not. F345 nationals and the top 10 go to the F1 and 2 nationals and the bottom 10 f1 and 2 come down to F345 something to aim for like the premiership and championship.
Old 06-09-2012
Mad Member

Surely arnt regionals just the same as a F345 national series. You try to do well in them to get your F2 and then you can do nationals? If you cant get an F2 at regional then theres really no point wasting your money on a national as your just going to do shit anyway!

Love the idea of a new radio race car series though. With a purely 1st come 1st serve basis so there is a mix of ability.
Old 07-09-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I don't think anything much can or Indeed should be done to the regional & national system in place currently.
Regionals are just that, regional. That means I don't get to race with my mates from tup norf or dawn sarf very much these days which I miss.

I think there 1/10th is big enough again to support a RRCi type series but it would need to be totally separate from licence grading IMHO
Old 07-09-2012
Mad Member

Single day though please - a series of 2-dayers is too difficult for me to attend
Old 07-09-2012
Mad Member

I would like to see a F3,4,5 type series !
I think it has to be held on the same weekend as the Nationals for two reasons !!

1. so the F1,2's have their meeting and the F3,4,5's have their meeting and there is a defined break in ability.
in the regional type series a F1,2 can enter a regional series, but a F3,4,5 can't enter a National due to his/her grade

2. if the meetings are held on the same weekend this doesn't clog the calender and still allows club series to run !

A stand alone series that allows all grade will not benefit the lower grades, clubs and series need drivers like Lee Martin & Darren Bloomfield as they bring prestige the promoters !

The norm for any stand alone series is 20-30 spaces are allocated to team/F1 drivers before the event is even advertised, a first come first served biases is a myth
Support from: My Back Pocket

Driver - 'Derek'
Feedback Link : http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48311
Old 07-09-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by knighthawk View Post
I would like to see a F3,4,5 type series !
I think it has to be held on the same weekend as the Nationals for two reasons !!

1. so the F1,2's have their meeting and the F3,4,5's have their meeting and there is a defined break in ability.
in the regional type series a F1,2 can enter a regional series, but a F3,4,5 can't enter a National due to his/her grade

2. if the meetings are held on the same weekend this doesn't clog the calender and still allows club series to run !

A stand alone series that allows all grade will not benefit the lower grades, clubs and series need drivers like Lee Martin & Darren Bloomfield as they bring prestige the promoters !

The norm for any stand alone series is 20-30 spaces are allocated to team/F1 drivers before the event is even advertised, a first come first served biases is a myth
If an oOple series is held the same weekend as the National's then what will happen to Jimmy's awesome national reports?

But then as you say the calander for the this year has been pretty full, then if you take into account the bad weather, and the unwritten rule about running a meeting on a regional day it's not left many other weekends free to race.

I for one would welcome another series not just as a racer but as someone who runs/organises meetings.

As we all know venues have to apply to run regionals, and Nationals, and if another big series would help some of those tracks that are currently not selected for national get themselves up on the ladder then that would be awesome. We for one would put ourselves into the hat for selection.
Old 07-09-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

So then, anybody up for trying to organise something?

If we put heads together now it might well be possible for 2013, last time this was discussed it was too close to the start of the season to make it a reality, at the moment it could be possible.

I personally think we should try and hold one event at a large non-RC event to help raise the profile of the sport with potentially interested people. Anybody got any thought on this?

Some things that would need considering (along with my thoughts in brackets), pleased to hear everybody's thoghts too, but please keep it constructive!

1) 1 or 2 days (personally I think most people would find 1 day easier and it would help keep the numbers high in the first season or two whilst it built in popularity)

2) Control tires like nationals / regionals? (again I'm all for this, know what you need for any venue before you get there and saves buying and carrying 20 diferent types of tire "just in case" which means more space in cars for lift sharing .. with the cost of fuel these days that is / will become increasingly important. Could have 2 or 3 options per venue, not all venues have to agree but my guess is they probably all would anyway!)

3) Number of events per series (I think you need at least 3 from 5 to count and 4 from 6 is better but more than 6 events would probably thin out the entry to individual events).

4) Limits to driver licences? (I say no, people like to be able to compare times to the Cragg / Martin / Yardy / Lee etc. of this world. I do however think that there should be a separate throphy / award to encourage the lower grade drivers in ... maybe most consistent so somebody with 4 x E7 results would beat somebody with 3 x A1 and an A2)

5) Impose limits on cells / motors etc. (I say keep it to the electric board lists personally, having scrutineered nationals I know how hard it can be to explain to somebody that their choice of equipment doesn't meet requirements, EB lists are rock solid and apply to almost everything)

6) Only 1 class per driver per event? (I say yes, leaves as many entries available for as many people as possible. If there were spaces within say 2 weeks of the event maybe drivers who had expressed an interest in running 2 or more classes could be offered a 'guest entry' in their chosen second class to fill those spaces but not for points. My thinking here is that it doesn't matter to the club if they get 120 drivers in one class or 60 each for 2wd & 4wd or indeed 60 drivers all doing both classes. Where it does matter is if we have 80 drivers, 60 of whom want to do 2 classes and 20 who want to do only one class who do we turn away? Not everybody runs both classes, in the Mid West region for example we get 20-30 more drivers at 2wd events than 4wd events)

7) All venues to be to national standard? (Again I say 'mostly yes', if your getting 120 drivers to a meeting they need somewhere to get something to eat / drink from and somewhere to use the loo. Would a large BBQ and a couple of porta-loos surfice? Probably. This means that any club up to running a regional would be able to 'step up' and run one of these events with minimal fuss, doesn't have to be one of the long standing / established clubs. I do however think the clubs chosen should have run a regional / large individual event so that it is proven they can run such a large meeting.)

I would need to discuss with Tony Meridith and the rest of the Kidderminster crew but I am fairly sure that Kidderminster would be putting themsleves forward for selection. I am fairly confident that Ledbury would be interested too.

Let the flames bit lit ... this sort of discussion is all good!!!
Old 07-09-2012
oOple Advertiser

judging by the comment made at the end of Jimmy's first post and the next 2 posts I would say something is already in the pipeline (I obviously dont know this for a fact, just reading between the lines)

--SMD--INSIDE LINE MODELS--PR RACING UK--

My feedback
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79696
Old 07-09-2012
Mad Member

nationals are all about the competition and winning
what's needed is a series that's fun and less serious than nationals that's open to all and show cases the hobby as a whole.

an oople series held at different tracks around the country would be a great idea and would attract a wide and varied audience and give people that couldn't normally travel far a chance to have a good fun race meeting.