Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 12th & 10th On Road

Old 20-10-2007
Lee-Mag

Hmmm, i saw a few of the prototypes of these and they never really did it for me, but they are good in the fact its something different for tourers, the latest crop of cars are mirror images of eachother just a different colour.

I know the PHI is a bit different before the corally fan club start.
Old 07-01-2008

Send a message via MSN to Thomas P

The car is nice to drive,the tranny is loosing after a few packs in modfied..the key is to run the rear belt, in front (wider) to get less slipper front belt when breaking hard on carpet. Rear alu cvd are little weak.

To get a lower ridehight more then the stock shocks can giv,it is a must to get the K-Factory shocks, they are made to fit the "Nitro" spring´s, that what we are running

För 27T class, it will be needed to shim up the front litle pulley holder to get the ront belt loose,and spin more freely.

what ive heard from friends that rus the G4 Nitro car, that one was way to tight, the E4 is totaly oppsite...way to loose..a lot of "gap" in arms,ballcups etc...but shim and there is real good..

My blogg

Last edited by Thomas P; 07-01-2008 at 05:50 AM. Reason: add some more text
Old 07-01-2008
Administrator

What upgrades do you reccomend for the car? I have the car - I was going to review it but the shell and spur I ordered from Demon never came (royal mail lost them) so I've just never started the car
Old 07-01-2008

I have the car too and think it is great - its just different to other cars out there. As Thomas mentions the transmission does free up after a few runs and I haven't had any belts fail on me (touch wood!). I too have fitted a rear belt onto the front and this is the only one of the 3 belts that I think is still a little tight - hopefully this will change.

In terms of upgrades I would recommend the optional K-factory 1.5deg rear hubs for a little more toe-in (I'm now on 3deg). I am also running the stiffer K-factory ali centre brace and a thicker front anti roll-bar - 1.4mm instead of 1.2mm.

In my view the most dissapointing part of the car are the shocks and as such I have ordered the K-factory ones as an option. The standard ones are too short to run associated springs (which every racer has in their pitbox!) but more annoyingly I have managed the strip the threads in two shock caps now (they just dont locate and screw on nicely at all).

The E4FS Foam Spec Car coming at the end of this month looks to be a good bet - I am very tempted....!
Old 08-01-2008

Ive just saved app 110 dolars and just let my friend CNC of the top "stop" for the collar screw(where the tiny o-ring are next to the cap) that one aint nesasery,and i can nowlower my ridhight. havnt any probs with the shocks, maybe a real fine sandinpaper on the top of the threads..?

I removed my swaybars totaly, less wight, lighter oil,harder springs, to bad it TR more easy if ya hit a curb badley, due the harder springs...

my next upgrade is plastic pulleys from the foamSpec..

My blogg
Old 13-01-2008

I ran the E4 for the first time today in anger, the E4 was awesome and I put it 2nd on the grid in the A final. Total revelation in comparision to the 416 that I am also ruuning the corner speed on the E4 is reallt something to behold tighter and faster was my motto of the day and boy did it do it.

Jimmy get that car built and run it, it is way cool and way fast, if not give me a shout and I'll take it off your hands.
Come to the blue side and feel the love!!
Old 13-01-2008

Hi, do you have a set-up sheet from today please - Im assuming it was rubber on carpet? Sounds like you had a good result.
Old 14-01-2008

Hi Jon, drop me an email to leigh@leighandlucy.co.uk and as soon as I have a setup sheet I will mail it over to you.
Come to the blue side and feel the love!!
Old 27-04-2008

Anyone still running E4?..i just received mine "again" ... Setup is done with a TC SPEC - 4.5 to begin with. Still 1 license P to get my B-license to run TC Modified.

My blogg
Old 28-04-2008

Hi Thomas - Im still running mine indoors on carpet and getting close to a set-up that works well. As soon as I will have one I will post it.
Old 02-05-2008

good jon.let me know when ya done

My blogg
Old 08-05-2008

Finaly:sneaky:...the car is done...have a Ko 2413 here to..

Lightweight spool by JP-Products
Xray Shafts around
TC SPEC
Teambrood and TSR cells

Special belt´s wider then the "wide".. this one fill up the whloe pulley..no slip here..

Front:

Rear

My blogg
Old 12-07-2009
Mad Member

Are these any good?? The first E4 i mean, not the later RS or FS versions. Im quite tempted with one.