Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Caldicot Radio Control Car Club

Old 01-12-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Default 4th December

Anyone up for racing this week?
We'll be running the vintage buggies as well as the usual classes, so the more the merrier!

Please also see the thread regarding membership renewals
Old 04-12-2009
Mad Member

I'm def gonna be there, though the Thundershot is not a runner currently...was gonna fix it last night but had to work instead so didn't get chance.

Took a quick look at it though and had forgotten that it has no steering currently...the splines on the now cheese servo horn have stripped!

Haven't had chance to boil off any tires either...but have dug out the kit tyres off the B44...my plan...I might make the final if I spend the evening bodging it together races...and that assumes I can find some ingenius fix for the servo horn!

I'll get the keys by the way, and I guess we'll be needing a symathetic track for the old timers this week I'll get my thinking cap on!
Racing in South West: http://www.mendiprcraceway.co.uk/
Racing in Wales: www.caldicotrcracers.co.uk
Kept running by: Yokomo via MB Models & www.tracksidespares.co.uk
Shells by Square Crabs
Old 04-12-2009

Ill be there, might be a bit late as i have a meeting with a client beforehand though.

Top Force is all ready to go, i went brushed & Lipo in the end. Havent actually had time to test it yet, so fingers crossed.... Looks damn fine though

Ive got a set of wheels for you too Andy.
Old 04-12-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Bad news Andy Lets hope you can get it running - we'll all help!

Matt, fancy bringing along that 'new' Dynastorm you've made for us to drool over?
Old 04-12-2009

I managed to get the Top Force running this lunchtime - worked first time

Im running Dave's old Vampire 5200 lipo, MRT VX speedo and a new old stock Top Models 14 double. Accelerates well, but struggles for top end as they do. Suprisingly stable and rides the bumps well - i didnt have time to do the old Team anti-squat mod - but not a lot of steering. Cant find my stash of one-ways so its running full 4wd. It would be better with a one way. Should be fun tonight though, its been Donkeys Years since i last ran a Top Force in anger.

The 'new' Dyna Storm is in bits again, mods to the wishbones and new shock towers. Ive been too busy to do much to it recently tbh. Ill try to get back on it for Xmas after ive sorted James order of Lazer parts