Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > X-Factory

Old 04-06-2012
Mad Member

Default X - 7 Gen 6.2

Ellis got his 6.2 last week, and got a few packs through it on May 27. He took 4th with it at E.P.R. yesterday, and pronounced the 6.2 greatly improved over the 5.1 he has been driving. And that's after taking third at Stotfold with the 5.1!

Paul took his 6.2 to Summit R/C in Ft. Wayne, Indiana on Saturday. It was a club race day and they did not have a 4WD class, but he ran several packs in the 6.2 and also says it's a big improvement, very close to a production car. Some new pix on our FB page, http://www.facebook.com/XFactoryRC

Nothing special about the pix, just wanted to show you we continue to work and make progress with this new car. We won't release it until we are sure it's right.

Engineering Without Fear
www.XFactoryRC.com
www.facebook.com/XFactoryRC
Old 04-06-2012

Thumbs up

Hi Chazz,

Is it the final version of the X7 prototype? Are you going to make some changes /corrections at the 6.2 Version?

What's about the release date? Do you have an idea?

Greets - Daniel
Old 05-06-2012
Mad Member

We keep thinking that every one is final -- wouldn't make it otherwise. And we realize that engineering projects have a way of never being done, that there always can be improvement.

Ellis agrees the 6.2 is a significant improvement over the 5.1 that he has been running. It's very close to production. We moved some components around between the 5.1 and the 6.0, then moved them again in the 6.1, and changed a significant position for the 6.2. The 6.0 and 6.1 are C.A.D. only, they were never made. When we made the 6.2 we spent much time talking about how this car would be produced.

We now think we may have gone slightly too far and may have to come back a touch on one of the moves. We do expect to produce several more of what will be a 6.3 so more Team guys will have them for testing and set-up work. This will be done ASAP (Remember that the router is busily cutting SCX - 60CF stuff. Paul was at the shop until 10:30 tonight.) and we expect this last little bit to do it.

You'll know we think we're there when you see other Team guys with them beside Paul & Ellis.

Engineering Without Fear
www.XFactoryRC.com
Old 05-06-2012

Thank you for your response. So we can soon expect the first official pictures of the final version and a release date?

Have you actually taken over parts of other cars, such as parts of a B4 for the X6?

Ehm...Could I also get an X7 prototype to test? ;D Let me know if you looking for drivers in Luxemburg ;D

Sorry for the many questions, but I can not wait to see the new car...I'm looking forward to this new chassis
Old 05-06-2012
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

whats the x6 body?
http://www.facebook.com/XFactoryRC#!...type=1&theater
Old 05-06-2012
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark christopher View Post
The "Galaxy" body by Team AJ.......
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636
Old 05-06-2012
Mad Member

Durango, there are a few parts from other cars. We are using B4 diffs so The Family will only have to carry one set of those parts. And we plan now to sell the car with AE V2 shocks, so, again, fewer parts for The Family.

The rear hub carriers will probably be AE parts too, same as the X - 6, and the front hub carriers & spindles will be from another car, probably not AE. Other than those items, it will be all X Factory. The Kit will include all those parts; no more Conversions.

Engineering Without Fear
www.XFactoryRC.com
Old 05-06-2012
Banned

any date at all yet

trekkker
Old 05-06-2012

Hi Chazz, good idea keeping the most maintenance-intensive parts (diffs and shocks) compatible with the X6. Will it be possible to fit gear diffs though? The DEX410 showed it could be at least as fast as ball diffs.
Old 06-06-2012
Mad Member

@trek: No firm date yet. We are trying for late this fall, but we are notorious for missing those kinds of dates. More likely next spring. Let's put it this way: As soon as we possibly can!

@Kick: We have done no testing with a gear diff, and do not plan to. The AE ball diff is a good, proven unit. One thing is, which outdrives to use? Go with the original ones that fit the B4 and X - 6, or with the newer B4.1 metric ones?

Engineering Without Fear
www.XFactoryRC.com
Old 06-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungChazz View Post
@Kick: We have done no testing with a gear diff, and do not plan to. The AE ball diff is a good, proven unit. One thing is, which outdrives to use? Go with the original ones that fit the B4 and X - 6, or with the newer B4.1 metric ones?
If you were to use B4.1 metric ones one could probably fit a B4.1 gear diff in there if they wanted, more options for the end user even though you are not going to test it yourselves?

Of course you would lose compatibility with X-6 as far as the outdrives go, but maybe it does not matter?

And the metric ones might be more futureproof as far as parts availability goes?
Old 06-06-2012
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by mof View Post
If you were to use B4.1 metric ones one could probably fit a B4.1 gear diff in there if they wanted, more options for the end user even though you are not going to test it yourselves?

Of course you would lose compatibility with X-6 as far as the outdrives go, but maybe it does not matter?

And the metric ones might be more futureproof as far as parts availability goes?
I think the cross compatablity here with the X6/60/SCX60 range is crucial to the design concept and to make cross over of parts as easy as possible.

Dont worry too much about availability, since I am sure in time X-Factory are going to be getting their own high quality outdrives made just as they have with slipper plates, CVD's, axles and the top shaft already. If AE ones dry up in supply then this will just be sooner than expected....
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636
Old 06-06-2012
Mad Member

Darren, how do you know what we are thinking??? Have you been sneaking around our shop at night???

ROFLMAO

Engineering Without Fear
www.XFactoryRC.com
Old 06-06-2012

Too bad for the gear diff, from what I hear at the track it's a real deal-breaker for some. We run on a high-grip carpet track that's rough on the ball diffs, and it's a pain to rebuild often. Even if you don't do extensive tests, that would be great if it could fit, even with a bit of modding.

Also, symmetric X6 rear triangles were a good idea (can be used for left or right). It would be nice if X7 ones were too.

Anyway, thanks for making great cars. I started RC one year ago with a X6², I don't regret it one bit
Old 06-06-2012
No trade access

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickMe View Post
Too bad for the gear diff, from what I hear at the track it's a real deal-breaker for some. We run on a high-grip carpet track that's rough on the ball diffs, and it's a pain to rebuild often. Even if you don't do extensive tests, that would be great if it could fit, even with a bit of modding.

Also, symmetric X6 rear triangles were a good idea (can be used for left or right). It would be nice if X7 ones were too.

Anyway, thanks for making great cars. I started RC one year ago with a X6², I don't regret it one bit
And he's FAST.
Old 06-06-2012

Why thanks Tom, I hope I'll be this week-end
Old 06-06-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickMe View Post
Too bad for the gear diff, from what I hear at the track it's a real deal-breaker for some.
This is true for me, after 2 1/2 years with a Durango I won't go near another ball diff.
Old 07-06-2012
Mad Member

None of the top drivers uses the gear diff -- there must be a reason.

If we go to the metric outdrives, it will be because they are current production and we want to stay current.

We understand the gear diff is slightly wider than the ball, and that's the big reason why it will not fit in the 4-Gear transmission. The X - 7 will use the same pivot width as the 6, so even if we use the metric outdrives I doubt the gear diff will fit.

Engineering Without Fear
www.XFactoryRC.com
Old 07-06-2012

The car should be all metric. Just my opinion.
Old 07-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkirkwood View Post
The car should be all metric. Just my opinion.
Not so sure about that, it goes against compatibility with X6/B4. And I'm from EU where it's a pain to find anything imperial.