Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals

Old 28-05-2007

Thumbs up New All-Weather Astro Track

Check this out www.easupertrax.co.uk Off-Road section has pics of the track under construction. Although not fully complete yet (temp rostrum) MID EAST Region held a 2WD regional on there on Sunday (yes it poured with rain all day) and the track held up all day with lots of grip but no standing water. All heats and finals were completed.
Old 28-05-2007
Administrator

That track looks rather great.
Old 28-05-2007
Mad Member

Eastrax is truly an all weather venue, covered pitting and probably the only track in the country that doesn't suffer from ANY standing water after a full day of persistant rain.

The track has some great features which make it both enjoyable and challenging to drive.

I look forward to returning on the 17 June for the East of England Regional. Racers outside the East of England are more than welcome to attend to race in an open class.

Norfolk Buggy Club- Norfolk's 1/10th and 1/8th Premier Off Road Model Car Club in association with BRCA East of England 1/10 Off Road Regional Racing

JemmettFox- Accountants and Business Advisors

Click any of the above to head to the website!
Old 28-05-2007
Super Moderator

So how do you make a track that doesn't puddle?

G
Old 28-05-2007
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northy View Post
So how do you make a track that doesn't puddle?

G

Best email someone at Eastrax about that one.

Norfolk Buggy Club- Norfolk's 1/10th and 1/8th Premier Off Road Model Car Club in association with BRCA East of England 1/10 Off Road Regional Racing

JemmettFox- Accountants and Business Advisors

Click any of the above to head to the website!
Old 28-05-2007
BANNED

It does look good, is there lots of camping space?

The small triples look a a challenge, they look a long way from the rostrum.
SP12/RC10/XLS/JRX-2/XX/XXCR/XXCR-KE/XXX/XXXBK2/CR2/Xpro/B4/XX4/XXX4/X5/X11/DEX410/DEX210/DNX408/8ight/VW Golf GTI MK2/VW Golf TDI Wagon/Ovlov V70 D5/VW Beetle II (registered to Carrie)/Bailey Ranger/(does anyone read this bullshit?)/Creda Tumble2/HotPoint FE800/BOSCH SGS45C02GB/Dyson DC04/new patio doors & windows/freshly painted bannister rail & skirting boards, baby.
Old 28-05-2007

Something like 6 -10 acres for outdoor pits and camping. Although for the Regional we used the indoor pitting area.

Top regional guys had no trouble with the triple (two then one - cant make all three at once) the less talented drove over all three.
Old 28-05-2007
Lion-O - King of the Thundercats

Send a message via MSN to bigred5765 Send a message via Skype™ to bigred5765

the web site doesn't seem to have any directions, of how to get there,
it does look like a top track, nationals next year guys ????
Old 28-05-2007
Mad Member

It says it's in sutton bridge which is a bout 5-10 minutes away from the holbeach track.

http://www.screwz4rc.co.uk

Old 28-05-2007
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to MattW

Yeah i'd guess it's about 10 mins further down the A17 than the Holbeach Anglia motel track.

Like the others have said. It was raining when we got there, and raining when we left - with maybe 15 mins fine all day. I didn't go anywhere near the track between end of qual and start of finals - and it's fair to say i was surprised when there was actually less water on the track!

First time i'd been down there (although it's only 15 mins from my house ) but i think it's a really good track, drove nicely.

Note to all - secret to being quick round there seems to be a broken chassis!!!!
Old 28-05-2007
Mad Member

That is a good track. Shows dedication by those who built it. As a club secretary I know how difficult it is to get people out with picks and shovels... A national would be cool... as for drainiage, if they cant do it in east anglia then no one can, the place would be under water if it wasnt for all the dykes (no comments please...

N
Old 28-05-2007
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by neiloliver View Post
That is a good track. Shows dedication by those who built it. As a club secretary I know how difficult it is to get people out with picks and shovels... A national would be cool... as for drainiage, if they cant do it in east anglia then no one can, the place would be under water if it wasnt for all the dykes (no comments please...

N
Oi Leave Chris out of this

http://www.screwz4rc.co.uk

Old 29-05-2007

Hi just to introduce my self Paul who runs Eastrax along with my partner Patrick.
10th buggies are new to me and i have never raced one but enough people have convinced me to build a track at our venue.
Eastrax is mainly a Moto x venue and in the bad wether it does become rather muddy around the site this is unfortunatly the nature of the sport.
Eastrax is located just of the A17 between King's Lynn and Sutton bridge with brown government signs on the A17 saying Eastrax to direct you in and the postcode is PE147LB.
the aim in the tracks construction was to make it suit the advanced diver and not to hard for the novice as all the feature can be driven ok if you prefer not to jump them if you do not feel confidend.
we have a lot of national coaches at the venue teaching people on the motox track and i have tryed to apply some of what they teach to the buggy track in the way that each feature the driver should use the take offs and the landings correctly and not to try and over jump etc.
this was my theory in building it but as i dont race you will to ask the guys who have raced it now if my theory has worked.
enough said i will start racing myself when the car arrives hopfully with another track now running we can increase numbers in the RC world.