Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > TRUCKS - SC - Truggy - Stadium - Crawler > UK Short Course Nationals

Old 26-02-2015

Starting to get a bit of a problem this. I need to know where the venues are so I can know if I need to book saturdays off or not and I need 6wks notice to book holiday??

We are another 4wks down the road, who are the clubs/people dragging their feet, I will happily get in the car and go and sort it out
Old 28-02-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justingt5 View Post
Starting to get a bit of a problem this. I need to know where the venues are so I can know if I need to book saturdays off or not and I need 6wks notice to book holiday??

We are another 4wks down the road, who are the clubs/people dragging their feet, I will happily get in the car and go and sort it out

Agree, 1st meeting is approaching quickly...
Old 01-03-2015

Default 5 weeks to go.......

Only 5 weeks until the first meeting. It could be local to myself or it could be on the moon.
I already know at least 5 guys that have all changed there commitments from the short course nationals to other series.
That's not to say they will not attend any meeting. But just have changed their priority's
this can't be a good thing.
Old 01-03-2015

I was hoping to do quite a few rounds of the nationals this year, but not all. It's almost too late to book the time off now so i might have to rethink what I do this year
Old 01-03-2015

I don't really see the problem with not knowing the venues.

We will do all the rounds again this year and as we know the dates we know when we won't be around at home or work etc.

It is a little painful we can't book the hotels etc but I am sure the SC Chaps running the series are doing their best.
Silverstone have just been discussing running a meeting which is good for the SC Nationals and for our club (Silverstone Buggy Club) but obviously if the venues haven't got back to the organisers yet the blame isn't really with the organisers?

Surely it doesn't matter where the racing is as if you are doing a Championship you are supporting the Championship as a whole and not just the venues you like?
The SC Nationals needs to be supported through the whole series otherwise it becomes a none event in the last third of the Championship.

If the entry's keep falling we might be writing on Oople this time next year saying "wish there was a SC National this year???" and who would be to blame, the organisers or the competitors?

Looking forward to seeing a full grid in round 1 and onwards.

Regards Ian
Old 01-03-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by iang454 View Post

Surely it doesn't matter where the racing is as if you are doing a Championship you are supporting the Championship as a whole and not just the venues you like?
For some of us its not about supporting the venues we llike but I'm sure I'm not the only one on a very limited budget where spending around £100 on fuel and hotel costs for one event isnt an option.
Old 02-03-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by iang454 View Post
I don't really see the problem with not knowing the venues.

We will do all the rounds again this year and as we know the dates we know when we won't be around at home or work etc.

It is a little painful we can't book the hotels etc but I am sure the SC Chaps running the series are doing their best.
Silverstone have just been discussing running a meeting which is good for the SC Nationals and for our club (Silverstone Buggy Club) but obviously if the venues haven't got back to the organisers yet the blame isn't really with the organisers?

The SC Nationals needs to be supported through the whole series otherwise it becomes a none event in the last third of the Championship.

Because some of us run more than one class and more than one championship, although I'll be prioritizing the sc nats there's at least one track from last year that I'll be happy to give a miss to,if there's an option to do a rd of another championship
Old 02-03-2015

The issue I have is the fact that some venues are so far away I will definitely need the saturday and possibly Monday off work, so not knowing locations of each round is a issue as I have to give silly notice to swap weekends etc.

Also the date discussed on for the Silverstone round doesnt even appear on the calendar, either that or I wrote the date down wrong?
Old 06-03-2015

Dates and Locations are now updated on the UK Short Course Nationals Website!

17th May - ARC Raceway

28th June - Telford

9th August - Mendip

13th September- A1 Racing Club

27th September - Silverstone

Get you diary's out lads lets do this!!!!
Old 07-03-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justingt5 View Post
The dates are legit and confirmed.

so much for the dates set as previously mentioned, poor show to have this change of dates so late in the year, well at least the show can go on.......
Old 08-03-2015

Send a message via MSN to 1rcdad

so if the rules state best 5 results from 6 rounds,and there is only 5 rounds where do we stand?
vbc wgt 10,skyrc toro 1s, 10.5
Losi 22 2.0sct,highest servo,speed passion 6.5
yokomo yz2,highest servo,skyrc 7.5
Old 09-03-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1rcdad View Post
so if the rules state best 5 results from 6 rounds,and there is only 5 rounds where do we stand?
Thats a good question. Im not sure what happened to the sixth round that was showing in the dates initially.

I asked the question once the first dates were published if they were solid and the reply we had at the time was yes. They have since changed but personally for once I am happy with that as I now have less hassle booking them as I am only working 1 date instead of 3 from the previous dates that went up.

Some clarification would be useful, it should be 6 rounds really.