Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Xtreme - VEGA

Old 01-02-2009
Mad Member

Default Plastic chassis

Just got a x11 plastic chassis (cheers Franki!) to replace my damaged graphite one. Ive been told this will generate more grip than the standard one, is this due to more flex? Who is using one over the graphite one, any disadvantages? Also I take it I should be a bit more careful tightening up screws as its softer. .
Old 01-02-2009
Mad Member

I have been using the plastic one for a few meetings now, can't say how much more grip you will generate from the chassis. I will say it is lot more durable than the origional graphite .
Old 01-02-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to blitzboy

dito to spenner as the chassis but i will say that it far better , niggs , kev the mandys and all the guys will pritty much agree

http://www.customblitz.co.uk
Email:graham@customblitz.co.uk

Old 01-02-2009
Mad Member

Are all team drivers using them?
Old 01-02-2009

Send a message via MSN to restimax

i know only one chassis for x11.....
Old 02-02-2009

where can you purchase the plastic chassis? the website needs to be updated as i hear of non team guys getting the chassis yet the site says nothing? also the site doesnt even have the x11 08 on it.. whats with the slowness. also when is xtreme going to get the ball rolling with tekin so they can distribute the predator ?
Old 02-02-2009
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to mattym0310

Yeh I would say that there is a small difference in the grip you get with the new chassis, down to the little extra flex. It is also a lot more durable and stronger as the others said. I think there has been only one break in the testing of it from a hard hit into a wall by some animal of a driver darn sarf.

As far as I know, it isn't actually a 'stock' item yet but could be wrong.

Team Associated b4
Team Associated b44
Old 02-02-2009
Woop Woop Member

the plastic chassis is the stock item for the x11rs, has been tested for 3-4 months now and is available but not on the web site so just say in your order that you wish for a plastic chassis and yannina will know what you mean. the chassis has proved to be a lot more durable but doesnt really have any more flex that the stock item. it is a little heavier as its glass filled rather than carbon but as already stated this with some mold changes has greatly strengthened the chassis in the areas that people have broken the carbon x11 chassis. the other pluss point is that it is cheaper than the carbon chassis. i havent taken mine off since i put it on the car as even with the plastic chassis and lipos im having to add 40-50 grams to get it upto the weight limit

woop woop racing officialy keeping team toe out inline
Old 02-02-2009
Mad Member

Thanks for the info guys!
Old 02-02-2009

Send a message via MSN to restimax

Quote:
Originally Posted by niggs98 View Post
the plastic chassis is the stock item for the x11rs, has been tested for 3-4 months now and is available but not on the web site so just say in your order that you wish for a plastic chassis and yannina will know what you mean. the chassis has proved to be a lot more durable but doesnt really have any more flex that the stock item. it is a little heavier as its glass filled rather than carbon but as already stated this with some mold changes has greatly strengthened the chassis in the areas that people have broken the carbon x11 chassis. the other pluss point is that it is cheaper than the carbon chassis. i havent taken mine off since i put it on the car as even with the plastic chassis and lipos im having to add 40-50 grams to get it upto the weight limit
Hi Nathan,
in our slippery track, the car with chassis in plastic is more fast than the original x11 chassis?
i have seen more b4 used only with the plastic chassis for more grip. what dou you think?
thanks
Old 03-02-2009

i think both chassis handle the same becouse the shape of the plastic chassis is stronger in places so it feels the same flex but the only real differents is that its the plastic is heavier so basicly the same as what nathan has sed
Old 04-02-2009

you would really notice a difference if all the molded components on the car were plastic instead of the graphite parts. you would want the graphite for high grip surfaces but all plastic for the low grip surfaces as the car will become more flexible as a whole and provided more forgiving and easier handling. kind of like losi and there ea3 molds. its really personal preference but i would go for a more forgiving car.. even tho the stock x11 is great.. but when the x11 rs comes out (hopefully soon)i will most likely pick one up from tekin and put my big bores and aluminium suspension mounts on it. and call it good. that way i will have a complete plastic car.