Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 09-01-2012

Default HobbyWing EZRun 60A vs 120A

I gather both of these are good enough for 2WD off road. But does the 60A feel any less punchy than the 120A?

Thanks.
Old 10-01-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

The ESC will only deliver the power drawn by the motor so you won't have much, if any, difference in feel in a motor demanding less than 60A with either.

I will say that for the very slight difference in price the extra capacity of the 120A is a cheap safe guard if something goes wrong at the motor ... I had a 60A Speed Passion ESC die due to a motor winding going high resistance, same motor ran ok with the 120A ESC BUT the ESC ran hot and allowed me to pin point it as a motor fault.
Old 10-01-2012
Mad Member

I will say that for the very slight difference in price the extra capacity of the 120A is a cheap safe guard if something goes wrong at the motor ... I had a 60A Speed Passion ESC die due to a motor winding going high resistance, same motor ran ok with the 120A ESC BUT the ESC ran hot and allowed me to pin point it as a motor fault.[/QUOTE]

+1 for that sentiment spend the extra and dont worry
Old 11-01-2012

minimal difference between 60A and 120A, only noticeable difference is during slow start (Cogging), for a ezrun 60A, i'll tend to cog during slow start as for sensored zerun its smooth. you can notice the power difference if you have a meter connected but basically it would really depend on what your wallet can afford, but i would prefer the 120A coz you can update the firmware and also the settings, for V1 Ezrun, i believe you can only change the settings and not the firmware. I might be wrong....