Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Caldicot Radio Control Car Club

Old 26-10-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to millzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyna View Post
LOL good points Dave...

Certainly ive heard of 2.4 sets causing people to do all sorts of thing to them when they go wrong... smashing the things and even jumping up and down on them... You ever heard of anyone doing that Dave ??

In all seriousness, I think the most important point is feel of the handset when your using it. I tried all sorts when i came back racing, none fitted my hands as well as the old Gemini 2, which is the main reason why im still using it. Some felt too 'sharp' in the hands, others had the sticks to far away for comfort, others felt too 'cheap & plasticy '...

Best bit of advice - try each one before you buy a radio, preferably a full clubnight if you can wrangle it. Nothing worse than spending hundreds of quid on a top notch TX then cant get used to it in the hands.

I must be the odd one out, I never need to get a feel for a handset, Probably has something to do with pikey racing and having lend so many cars off people and there handsets that its now the norm to just grab a handset and drive the car.
Old 26-10-2011

Thank you guys for all your help here.

If CML can't sort the set for me, I'll be placing and order with Paul for a UK bassed Sanwa exzes-X

I think I will keep all my 'Oopleing' to the Caldicot section from now on.
Old 26-10-2011
Mad Member

rob, if your stuck for a radio for friday racing i can lend you a 40meg ko tranny/receiver and crystal (but you`ll need your own batteries)
Old 26-10-2011

That's a FANTASTIC offer Brian, thank you

I've heard lots about how bad the Etronics set is, so to be honest, I don't think I'll be fitting it back in when I get it back from CML (unless they give me a new one)

So I would like to take you up on your kind offer until the Sanwa come's in if that's OK with you. I'll not be racing this Friday, but will be there next week.

Thanks again
Old 26-10-2011
Mad Member

no probs, let me know whether your sorted next week.if you need a lend i`ll bring it next friday.
cheers